Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. The Spurs played their best basketball without him in the lineup last year.
    2. Obviously working on the assumption that he can still net the Spurs a combination of picks and/or young talent.
    Don't really agree with point #1 as bubble preseason shouldn't count nearly as much vs what we saw in the actual season. Still, I'd trade LMA in a second if there are players still available for RC to draft (assuming head Brian Wright isn't the one deciding the picks).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't really agree with point #1 as bubble preseason shouldn't count nearly as much vs what we saw in the actual season. Still, I'd trade LMA in a second if there are players still available for RC to draft (assuming head Brian Wright isn't the one deciding the picks).

Just watched the spurs instagram video with LMA. We know DDR and LMA have been in contact with spurs PR. I don’t think they would be doing these happy interviews if they were getting dealt. Maybe gay and mills are on the block. But it looks likes we are not trading our all stars.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a shock

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not rebuild to ensure a better long term future?
    Doing so would be good, but that doesn't follow from trading him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of time spent on this thread talking about what Aldridge did in 2017. It was nice, but not sure it matters in the context of what to do with him now.
    Blame the dude who who tried to pull the "He was no angel" bit with LMA then. I want to keep him because he's a good player at a position where the Spurs don't have a long-term answer and could put the finishing "touches" on a HoF career. Unlike a lot of Spurs fans, I'm okay with them not having the sole goal of contending for a le. The les will come back when they come, and that won't be rushed by being bad.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t dislike LMA as a person. He’s not nephew. But his earlier trade demand I found to be annoying. He wanted to play his way and Pop went along. At first, it seemed like a cool thing of player and coach working it out, and LMA soldiered through the Kawhi drama season. At the time that was good. But I don’t think his style of play helps the overall team. We should be in rebuilding mode because that’s where we are, but Pop has been in denial. And playing the offense through LMA instead of letting the young players develop has been bad for the future and extremely awful to watch in present time.

To me the bubble showed the young players (excluding Forbes) getting some reign of the offense, finally. I would much rather continue in that direction in the hopes that White and Keldon continue to blossom. Could LMA take a backseat next season? I suppose. Do I want to find out? Not really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with Chinook. There is no need to be terribly bad in order to be in a position to contend again as long as the Spurs manage to get adequate talent via the draft and keep their finances within limits that allow for a free agent to get in. That said, the Spurs must look for a way to get over their medieval style of play and back to the beautiful basketball era. That is possible only if they have more malleable wings who are good at both ends of the plays besides the talent they already have at the guard position. If trading Aldridge (more valuable today than DDR) allows them to get a good wing player, they should go for it. Or else they should use the draft to fill in that need. So, they are better off without the Hayes & the Halliburtons. And better off with Okoro/Vassell/ Williams/ Bey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t dislike LMA as a person. He’s not nephew. But his earlier trade demand I found to be annoying. He wanted to play his way and Pop went along. At first, it seemed like a cool thing of player and coach working it out, and LMA soldiered through the Kawhi drama season. At the time that was good. But I don’t think his style of play helps the overall team. We should be in rebuilding mode because that’s where we are, but Pop has been in denial. And playing the offense through LMA instead of letting the young players develop has been bad for the future and extremely awful to watch in present time.

To me the bubble showed the young players (excluding Forbes) getting some reign of the offense, finally. I would much rather continue in that direction in the hopes that White and Keldon continue to blossom. Could LMA take a backseat next season? I suppose. Do I want to find out? Not really.
    There is a small caveat. Before he got injured, LMA had altered his style of play a bit by being able to be effective at the 3 pt line and popping beyond it rather than shooting long jumpers. LMA's problem is on the defensive end. He can no longer be a PF defender by curtailing opponents in space but he is average as a rim protector / big man defender. That makes him valuable for several contending teams and which is why I think he is the Spurs' best trade asset even at 35/36.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a small caveat. Before he got injured, LMA had altered his style of play a bit by being able to be effective at the 3 pt line and popping beyond it rather than shooting long jumpers. LMA's problem is on the defensive end. He can no longer be a PF defender by curtailing opponents in space but he is average as a rim protector / big man defender. That makes him valuable for several contending teams and which is why I think he is the Spurs' best trade asset even at 35/36.
    Fair point. We saw a glimpse of LMA shooting more three-pointers. So I suppose it comes down to what fans want to risk, going with the bubble model, or hoping that LMA fully commits to shooting threes and being a stretch five. If he could commit to that then that would be great. But I would rather risk pursuing the bubble model.

As for not needing to be terribly bad to rebuild, I think our floor was playing with LMA last year. By “tanking” and playing our young players, we actually improved. That’s the paradox. Our veterans weren’t really much better than our young players as far as team success.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Kevin O’Connor, the Warriors and Bulls are discussing a trade for the Warrior’s #2 pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But in the actual season the spurs were not very good with LMA so...

They also played basketball completely different in the bubble...and that was mainly due to the fact they never had to walk the ball up the court, dump it into LMA, and then stand around and watch him do his fred flinstone post moves for half the game...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But in the actual season the spurs were not very good with LMA so...

They also played basketball completely different in the bubble...and that was mainly due to the fact they never had to walk the ball up the court, dump it into LMA, and then stand around and watch him do his fred flinstone post moves for half the game...
    Disagree. They played completely different in the bubble because they had something to play for while the top 7 teams in each conference already had their seeds set in stone and were treating games as light scrimmages just to get back in game shape without getting hurt. Or do you really believe Phoenix was an elite team because they went 8-0?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm well the only thing now is to decide if Wiggins was a sticking point. Or a demand for white, or refusal to add 11. Maybe gsw has another big lined up (poertle? Lol).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like poodle; our roster needs tweaks not total obliteration! Forbes beli etc need to go; we will get our sf tonight

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kansas center may be in play also........@41

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who’s ready to buy their Bryn Forbes fiesta jersey?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Kevin O’Connor, the Warriors and Bulls are discussing a trade for the Warrior’s #2 pick.
    Yeah, I saw this in Real GM. This is their report:

The Golden State Warriors are considering whether to accept an offer from the Chicago Bulls of the No. 4 pick and Wendell Carter Jr. for the No. 2 overall pick, sources tell Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer.
    Sources believe the Bulls would select James Wiseman if the move up. If the Bulls stay at No. 4, it is believed they will decide between Deni Avdija and Patrick Williams.
    It is unclear who the Warriors would target at No. 4.
    Kevin O'Connor/The Ringer

I think that from a GS perspective, this choice over the Spurs, perhaps, would be their best option, since they did work out Deni & were impressed with him. Carter could come cheap, although not with out experience, since he's still young, but I'm sure he will be fine in their system. Unless PATFO have a under the table handshake on what we've heard about LMA & the #2 pick already & are just waiting for tonight. But if not, looks like GS might just bite the bait the Bulls are dangling right now, if they feel it's lucrative enough for them & bite it, then the chances, at least for the Spurs getting that #2 pick just could be dead... But we'll see! GSG!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wendell Carter, LMA, #11 would be a great return for Golden State. Spurs getting #4 and Wiggins is not such a great return

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors really need to shed some salary and adding Wendel tacks on another 5.5 million in salary. With luxury tax implications it would probably cost the Warriors over 15 million to do the Bulls deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wendell Carter, LMA, #11 would be a great return for Golden State. Spurs getting #4 and Wiggins is not such a great return
    Yea but....Wendell Carter + LMA, would be a good return for Golden State. Spurs getting #4, Wiggins and keeping #11 would be real value

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the sticking point is Pop/RC/Wright can't figure out how much extra cash they need to pay the Warriors to sweeten the deal?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors really need to shed some salary and adding Wendel tacks on another 5.5 million in salary. With luxury tax implications it would probably cost the Warriors over 15 million to do the Bulls deal.
    What I was thinking, that deal doesn't give the Warriors not salary relief.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I guess GSW is still fielding offers or just assessing their options.

-The Bulls offer gives them an extra asset and still allows them to select Avidija. On the other hand, Carter and Deni don't help GSW win now and they'll have to hold onto Wiggins.

-The Spurs offer gives Golden State a good player. It allows them to unload a terrible contract and instead of giving up multiple firsts only trades back 9 spots to #2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I was thinking, that deal doesn't give the Warriors not salary relief.
    Looney would likely be involved to off-set salary.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I guess GSW is still fielding offers or just assessing their options.

-The Bulls offer gives them an extra asset and still allows them to select Avidija. On the other hand, Carter and Deni don't help GSW win now and they'll have to hold onto Wiggins.

-The Spurs offer gives Golden State a good player. It allows them to unload a terrible contract and instead of giving up multiple firsts only trades back 9 spots to #2.
    I could see a couple version of a 3-way trade here if GSW really wants LMA

Chicago gets #2

GS gets LMA + #11

Spurs get Carter Jr + #4 + Wiggins

Or

Chicago gets #2

GS gets LMA +11 + Carter Jr

Spurs #4 + 2021 Minny #1 + Wiggins

Thread Information