Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas Cops Engage In Millions Of Roadside Searches,

Find Nothing Illegal 80 Percent Of The Time

The Houston Chronicle has looked into local law enforcement activity and found almost nothing that justifies pretextual stops or the extended amount of time that elapses between when the lights go on and citizens are free to go.

Law enforcement has a fondness for junk science. Training seminars and

Dunning-Kreuger have convinced cops they can do something almost no person can:

determine guilt just by talking to people.

So far, nothing has talked officers out of this self-delusion. Roadside stops are numerous.

Evidence of criminal activity is almost nonexistent.

citizens are getting zero bang for their taxpaying buck when officers focus on drivers rather than actual criminal activity.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...ent-time.shtml

Cops fishing in their cars or cruising around fishing for suspects, basically dragnetting innocent drivers?

10Ks of cops hours wasted, rather than serious police work.

And what about a single person is taken down by a cop, and 8 - 10 cop cars arrive "for backup", then the cops stand around doing ing nothing for who knows long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are more Dems in the house than Republicans and she has the vote of every Dem.

This isn’t complex.

Pelosi is not as beloved by democrats as you think. I could see a blue dog edging her out with the support of Republicans.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Pelosi is not as beloved by democrats as you think. I could see a blue dog edging her out with the support of Republicans.
    whoever said she was beloved by Democrats? She keeps her role as speaker because she has power and Democrats are worried about crossing her.

Fortunately most of the blue dogs lost (and then blamed progressives for it). Which blue dogs are gonna revolt against Pelosi? Be specific.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whoever said she was beloved by Democrats? She keeps her role as speaker because she has power and Democrats are worried about crossing her.

Fortunately most of the blue dogs lost (and then blamed progressives for it). Which blue dogs are gonna revolt against Pelosi? Be specific.
    You're underestimating how pissed everyone is over there over losing seats they should have never lost. I put it at 60/40 she's gone.

The thing is, she's going to get replaced with an equally bad person. Karen Bass comes to mind.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You're underestimating how pissed everyone is over there over losing seats they should have never lost. I put it at 60/40 she's gone.

The thing is, she's going to get replaced with an equally bad person. Karen Bass comes to mind.
    If she gets replaced it won’t be by a Republican is my point. I’d view it as an upgrade if Cheri Bustos (the one who challenged Pelosi last time around) got it this time. Still think they’ll just offer anyone who challenges Pelosi a commitee chair spot and be done with it.

Btw not sure if you saw but good news, Tom Perez won’t seek re-election as DNC chair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If she gets replaced it won’t be by a Republican is my point. I’d view it as an upgrade if Cheri Bustos (the one who challenged Pelosi last time around) got it this time. Still think they’ll just offer anyone who challenges Pelosi a commitee chair spot and be done with it.

Btw not sure if you saw but good news, Tom Perez won’t seek re-election as DNC chair.
    uhhh....you know the ENTIRE HOUSE votes for speaker, right? Republican votes will count too. If a conservative democrat they like runs against her they will probably support him/her. If they think voting for Pelosi will the dems more they will vote for her.
    Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 11-16-2020 at 02:59 PM.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    uhhh....you know the ENTIRE HOUSE votes for speaker, right? Republican votes will count too.
    Right, and Pelosi wields enough power to give Democrats commitee spots they want in exchange for them not challenging her to ensure enough Dems fall in line and so the minority vote doesn’t matter.

Name the amount. I’ll bet the next speaker of the house is a Democrat, you bet the next speaker of the house is a Republican.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That is good news but he shouldn’t be let off the hook that easy. Clearly someone told him it was run your course or get dragged out. Perez shouldn’t have a hand in government at all.

What does he even do anyways? Guy seems like a figurehead whom no one seems to respect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right, and Pelosi wields enough power to give Democrats commitee spots they want in exchange for them not challenging her to ensure enough Dems fall in line and so the minority vote doesn’t matter.

Name the amount. I’ll bet the next speaker of the house is a Democrat, you bet the next speaker of the house is a Republican.
    dummy. The next speaker will definitely be a democrat. You really are obtuse.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    That is good news but he shouldn’t be let off the hook that easy. Clearly someone told him it was run your course or get dragged out. Perez shouldn’t have a hand in government at all.

What does he even do anyways? Guy seems like a figurehead whom no one seems to respect.
    The better question is how he became head of the DNC in the first place. After the 2016 disaster, they appointed another figurehead whos plan was to continue to same failed strategy that the Democrats tried in 2014 and 2016. Iirc the only other contender in 2017 was Keith Ellison who would have been just as bad Perez. Not sure what the problem is but they need to make it so the role attracts better talent.

Jaime Harrison is supposedly a front runner which I have mixed feelings about. He’s a much more dynamic presence than the stiffs they’ve had before, but he raised all that money largely due to hatred towards Lindsey Graham and his campaign is a classic example of prioritizing fundraising over voter reachout.

Worth noting Perez won largely because of Obama’s endorsement. If Obama really wants to help save Democracy, he should stop using endorsements to sway elections for horrible candidates who he happens to know personally (Perez and Feinstein). One thing Obama doesn’t get more criticism for is how much the party’s infrastructure fell apart while he was in office.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    dummy. The next speaker will definitely be a democrat. You really are obtuse.
    So what exactly are you saying? if you think any Republicans are going to vote for a Democrat as speaker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what exactly are you saying? if you think any Republicans are going to vote for a Democrat as speaker.
    i could see it happening instead of wasting their vote on a Republican. Lets say a DINO like Henry Cuellar got the blue dogs to back him. If the Republicans voted for him he could win and it would give a big " You" to Nancy and the left wing. AOC would lose her ing mind.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    i could see it happening instead of wasting their vote on a Republican. Lets say a DINO like Henry Cuellar got the blue dogs to back him. If the Republicans voted for him he could win and it would give a big " You" to Nancy and the left wing. AOC would lose her ing mind.
    Cuellar barely fended off a primary opponent this year. If he did something like that he’d be signing his death certificate in 2022. Any Democrat who went along with it would face a similar problem. Not to mention how unrealistic it is that you could get so many people to put their egos aside and vote for the other party.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuellar barely fended off a primary opponent this year. If he did something like that he’d be signing his death certificate in 2022. Any Democrat who went along with it would face a similar problem. Not to mention how unrealistic it is that you could get so many people to put their egos aside and vote for the other party.
    You are probably right about Republicans crossing over, but Henry is safe as . He owns Laredo. He is the ultimate "bring home the bacon" politician. Imagine what he could do as speaker...he could bring home the whole damn hog.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You are probably right about Republicans crossing over, but Henry is safe as . He owns Laredo. He is the ultimate "bring home the bacon" politician. Imagine what he could do as speaker...he could bring home the whole damn hog.
    He won his primary 51-48 this year against a 26 year old justice democrat candidate with no money while he was backed by the DNC. Without DNC backing he loses his primary, and he wouldn’t have it if he crossed Pelosi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really have it out for these two women. It's like there is a pattern here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really have it out for these two women. It's like there is a pattern here.
    Euro-white male supremacist / racist TX bag in hole TX. There are Ms of TX bags just like him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Euro-white male supremacist / racist TX bag in hole TX. There are Ms of TX bags just like him
    Friendless loser, mamas smoky single wide dwelling, bitter 24/7 internet trolling welfare queen. Fortunately there aren't many Boutons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, looks like y'all got your wish and Pelosi goes two more years.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans and conservative democrats will pick the next speaker.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Saying she’s going to win =/= saying I want her to win

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You were the only one in this thread saying how she was going to lose the speakership because she wasn’t “beloved.”

This thread isn’t even that long, you can still see multiple posts on this very same page about your ty predictions.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Hunting LOL AOC and the little squad acting like complete sheeps.

I was banking on them and the newly minted progressives who got elected to at least put up a fight like last time. They just got steamrolled and thanked Pelosi after.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You were the only one in this thread saying how she was going to lose the speakership because she wasn’t “beloved.”

This thread isn’t even that long, you can still see multiple posts on this very same page about your ty predictions.
    I was first to come in and admit I was wrong. off, troll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gives you another two years to have a woman to criticize for something you won't criticize men for. Rejoice

Thread Information