Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe you're not paying attention, but the other side of the argument is starting to show up, and they believe in rifles...
    Then it'll look like Charlottesville. As someone who lives close to Charlottesville, those types of protestors who carry AR-15's and confederate flags tend to be far less popular than any BLM protestors. That would be a specular backfire- no pun intended.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Protocol of this site is that this thread is moved to political forum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please tell me how this analysis adds up . . .
    Because the violence is scaring them and pushing them away from democrats that they see as pro-riots. The polls are showing that with the shift over the past few days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know if that is true, but he is someone that was part of a youth police club and supports the men in blue. Is that strictly a right wing position? I don’t know. I think that’s stereotyping, which is what the BLM is against, right?
    The Boogaloo Bois are a youth Police club?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously? Some people have a right to be there, with guns, burning ... but some people don't have a right to be there? So when they decided to try and stomp his ass for being there, was that "peaceful protest"? The guy with the Glock chasing him... did he bring that to protest peacefully?

Idiot.
    Why falling so easily for the personal attack son? That speaks poorly of you, tbh. Anyways, I'm not saying there's an innocent side here, like I said: both parties are wrong. If instead of peacefuly protesting, you are ruining up, you are a stupid deliquent, and if you are a moron that needs to go with a ing machine gun just to stir up, you are a ing stupid ass deliquent too, and now, a murderer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the violence is scaring them and pushing them away from democrats that they see as pro-riots. The polls are showing that with the shift over the past few days.
    Exactly. But you're not addressing (perhaps even confirming) my original point . . .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that’s the way to look at it. Need 2020 to be done ASAP!
    you think things are magically going to get better in 2021?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol the "what about chicago?" talking point is played out tbh. Black people are trying to stop the violence in Chicago and also trying to stop police from killing them. Its not an either/ or situation. They can and have been doing both. Black people living in high crime areas trust the criminals about as much as the police-- as in that they don't. That's literally the problem.

There is already legislation on the table for sweeping police reform changes, if Dems win the senate and it passes both chambers then Biden will obviously sign it.

How is BLM being greedy? Just because some violent people, in a much larger group, are ing up, doesn't mean the movement is being greedy.

How are they out for revenge? Their literally demanding that black people be treated fairly, that's a pretty bare bones demand on its surface, when you think about it.

If there are mobs that come after protestors, then that literally makes the protestors look better. Especially if its the same kinda of protestors that came to Charlottesville or stormed the statehouse in Michigan.
    Here's a simple solution to keep cops from killing them. Stop committing crimes!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a simple solution to keep cops from killing them. Stop committing crimes!
    That you think cops are supposed to kill criminals is basically the actual problem.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. But you're not addressing (perhaps even confirming) my original point . . .
    What was your original point?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where did I say I want cops to kill them? I said it's a solution and it is a solution is it not? And here is another one. If you do commit a crime man up and don't be a pussy and fight with the cops when it's time to go to jail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where did I say I want cops to kill them? I said it's a solution and it is a solution is it not? And here is another one. If you do commit a crime man up and don't be a pussy and fight with the cops when it's time to go to jail.
    Nah. Cops aren't forces of nature. They are people, theoretically those who should be held to a higher standard. Basically every other country that isn't a totalitarian hole can avoid having their cops killing folks on the regular. Somehow committing crimes isn't a death sentence for those folks. Neither is resisting arrest or fighting cops.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then it'll look like Charlottesville. As someone who lives close to Charlottesville, those types of protestors who carry AR-15's and confederate flags tend to be far less popular than any BLM protestors. That would be a specular backfire- no pun intended.
    Maybe you should start counting noses. Charlottesville was supposed to be a national convention of the neo-Nazis; they were able to put less than 300 on the ground. The "Kenosha Guard" say they had "We are mobilizing tonight and have about 3,000 RSVP’s" for a local riot. These aren't neo-nazis, they're people who don't want their town set on fire. Are they willing to start shooting? Maybe... I don't think the american left has any idea what they are inciting with these riots...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Criminals are criminals, they can't be held to any kind of standard. Cops, on the other hand, must be held responsible for everything they do. Cir stances must be pretty out of the ordinary for them to have to kill a person and in most of these recent killings they weren't. So you know what the best and most simple solution to stop police brutality is? For cops to start performing their job like they are suppossed to do it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. Cops aren't forces of nature. They are people, theoretically those who should be held to a higher standard. Basically every other country that isn't a totalitarian hole can avoid having their cops killing folks on the regular. Somehow committing crimes isn't a death sentence for those folks. Neither is resisting arrest or fighting cops.
    Here's another solution. Don't sexually assault under age girls and the PO PO won't take you to jail but we know how you leftist love pesos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's another solution. Don't sexually assault under age girls and the PO PO won't take you to jail but we know how you leftist love pesos.
    Try that ad homenim somewhere else. This isn't an action movie. The point of a justice system is to punish people. That's not the point of a cop. Again, that you don't seem to get that is the main problem here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was your original point?
    Okay . . .
    Here's what I think:

The kid is a Trump supporter. . . .

Wisconsin is going to vote Trump because of this. . . .

People do things they think are going to further their 'cause' but it actually works against their 'cause' . . . .

My point was, you were not correct -- a radical actor did do something that actually benefited his cause. But while you were referring to the protesters, you're statement only made sense when looking at the young Trump supporter . . .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Try that ad homenim somewhere else. This isn't an action movie. The point of a justice system is to punish people. That's not the point of a cop. Again, that you don't seem to get that is the main problem here.
    No, the main problem is you don't believe there is such a thing as self accountability. Everything is always someone else's fault. Stop shooting, pulling weapons and fighting with the cops when it's time to go to jail and you won't get shot. It's that simple. The cops ain't just showing up there they're being called to the crap.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay . . .

My point was, you were not correct -- a radical actor did do something that actually benefited his cause. But while you were referring to the protesters, you're statement only made sense when looking at the young Trump supporter . . .
    I see your point...you are equating 'Wisconsin is going to vote Trump because of this' as the 'this' being the kid shooting the two rioters.... i meant 'this' as being the riots and destruction in general. I should have been more clear about that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, the main problem is you don't believe there is such a thing as self accountability. Everything is always someone else's fault. Stop shooting, pulling weapons and fighting with the cops when it's time to go to jail and you won't get shot. It's that simple. The cops ain't just showing up there they're being called to the crap.
    Nope. You listed a bunch of things for which cops are still not justified in killing people for. I have no idea why you think cops need to be thought of as rabid dogs that everyone else needs to figure out how to deal with, but they're literally paid to be rational actors who are only supposed to use their power to kill when absolutely necessarily. Until folks like you get it out of your heads that some people don't just "need killing", we're going to keep having a ed up country. You can't even stay on your point. You've been sliding from "committing crimes" to "sexually assaulting underage girls" to "shooting, pulling weapons and fighting with the cops". Next thing you know, you're going to slide to, "If you have a gun pointed at a little kid's head, and you're claiming you're going to hold up a school if you don't get shot right this instant".

, man, just say you want the cops to kill black people. Just say that instead of trying to retroactively justify cops panicking and using deadly force when it wasn't required.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't claim self defense if you drove in from out of state with a gun looking for a fight.
    Of course you can. And there's no proof he went there looking to shoot anybody. Its possible he's just a right wing nut that wanted to flex his "patriotism" and second amendment rights.

This is clearly self defense, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back on topic: LeBron and the clippers want a full season boycott. I think basketball is over. I'd compromise, give the players a 2 week reprieve from the bubble, 2 weeks back, and then single elim to end season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course you can. And there's no proof he went there looking to shoot anybody. Its possible he's just a right wing nut that wanted to flex his "patriotism" and second amendment rights.

This is clearly self defense, imo.
    No, it isn't. If witnesses are to be believed, he shot someone first which is the reason they started chasing him. Also, did you miss the part where him having a gun was illegal?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. You listed a bunch of things for which cops are still not justified in killing people for. I have no idea why you think cops need to be thought of as rabid dogs that everyone else needs to figure out how to deal with, but they're literally paid to be rational actors who are only supposed to use their power to kill when absolutely necessarily. Until folks like you get it out of your heads that some people don't just "need killing", we're going to keep having a ed up country. You can't even stay on your point. You've been sliding from "committing crimes" to "sexually assaulting underage girls" to "shooting, pulling weapons and fighting with the cops". Next thing you know, you're going to slide to, "If you have a gun pointed at a little kid's head, and you're claiming you're going to hold up a school if you don't get shot right this instant".

, man, just say you want the cops to kill black people. Just say that instead of trying to retroactively justify cops panicking and using deadly force when it wasn't required.
    dude you are disgusting for suggesting that I want black people killed. It's not a matter of someone deserving to die it's a matter of cops being able to protect themselves. Sounds like you're the one that wants people to get killed. So any time a cop gets called to a crime the perpetrator should just kill the cops? Wow! You are sick.

Thread Information