Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    This guy is the king of revising history just to promote his own personal agenda. He's been a Nash knob slobber for years now, so of course in the trade deadline article he had to make up a blatant lie about the 2010 WCF to martyr Steve Nash as much as he possibly could.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...1&sportCat=nba

He'd either be crying because of the emotion of the moment, or because it just dawned on him that Phoenix came within a botched boxout of Game 7 of the 2010 conference finals and then immediately gutted that team.
    That missed boxout was game 5, the series didn't even go 7 games. Why does this guy still have a job?

Fitness Made Simple John Basedow's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This guy is the king of revising history just to promote his own personal agenda. He's been a Nash knob slobber for years now, so of course in the trade deadline article he had to make up a blatant lie about the 2010 WCF to martyr Steve Nash as much as he possibly could.

That missed boxout was game 5, the series didn't even go 7 games. Why does this guy still have a job?
    Because massholes love to ingest his phallic chum

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Because massholes love to ingest his phallic chum
    Pretty much. I don't read Bill Simmons for in-depth analysis. I just read him because he's funny, he reminds of talking something over with your friends (who occasionally get stats wrong), and because he is from Boston and so knows the Boston fan.

That he even has a national following surprises me.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    If the Suns won Game 5, then they would have at least forced a Game 7, as they would have gone up 3-2 in the series. That's what he meant by that.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

On the contrary, you hate on Nash for the sake of hating on him, and give no legitimate reason as to why you hate on him.

He was clearly saying that they were a botched boxout from the series being able to go 7. If he said "...within a botched boxout of winning game 7 of the 2010 conference finals..." or "...within a botched boxout in game 7 of the 2010 conference finals..." then he would be incorrect.

Cue in the "lol homer mavfan lol peja lol roddy lol 1st round flameout lol pretender" replies.

Tankin'
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He will deliberately lie in order to back up one of his crack pot theories. I remember seeing another blatant lie in his last article. I'm going to see if i can find it now.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If the Suns won Game 5, then they would have at least forced a Game 7, as they would have gone up 3-2 in the series. That's what he meant by that.
    They were a botched box out from going to overtime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons does suck

But his articles are funny though

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    They were a botched box out from going to overtime.
    That's true, but the Suns had the momentum going into the overtime.

My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    On the contrary, you hate on Nash for the sake of hating on him, and give no legitimate reason as to why you hate on him.
    I'm not hating on Nash, I'm hating on Bill Simmons. You have blind faith in the Mavs when you have no legitimate reason to have blind faith in them.

My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    So if J-Rich boxed Artest out that would have guaranteed a game 7? News to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is an entertainer... nothing more, nothing less, imo.

My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    There's also this historic case of premature ejaculation about the best team that ever lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/070117

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's also this historic case of premature ejaculation about the best team that ever lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/070117

that shit i don't like rayjayjohnson's Avatar
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count

lol lern 2 english knobjockey

My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    It was an extremely poorly worded sentence. I can guarantee Simmons wanted readers who didn't remember to think that that series went 7 games.

My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    don't like it? don't ing read it then.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm not hating on Nash, I'm hating on Bill Simmons. You have blind faith in the Mavs when you have no legitimate reason to have blind faith in them.
    lol predictable

lol wanting to reply that it was predictable that i would consider your post predictable, therefore you would reply that you were posting that just to bait me into it, mother in lefty style

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I think he meant that the missed box-out cost Phoenix a chance at a game seven (if necessary) in the series. They win game five in LA, head home up 3-2, but with a guarantee of a game seven.

Sometimes he's too cutesy for his own good.

My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    lol predictable

lol wanting to reply that it was predictable that i would consider your post predictable, therefore you would reply that you were posting that just to bait me into it, mother in lefty style
    lol accusing me of lefty style when you're the king of saying really re ed stuff (lol ans 19-0 with Vince "Whottt" Young at QB) and then saying "I was only joking "

ambchang is my bitch Daddy_Of_All_Trolls's Avatar
    My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Simmons lives in LA and is supposed to be a Clippers season ticket holder. Simmons haters and Lakers fans will enjoy this clip of a Lakers fan taunting him before and after the game.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Not sure why Nash would be upset. Suns are doing fine right now

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I love reading Bill Simmons. the man is funny

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd either be crying because of the emotion of the moment, or because it just dawned on him that Phoenix came within a botched boxout of Game 7 of the 2010 conference finals and then immediately gutted that team.

Someone failed Eng-wrish as a kid........

My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    I want NBC to give Baron a show called "Bizarro Biggest Loser," since he's probably going to gain 10 pounds a week over the next three months. If you were going to create a "How Fast Can Person X Balloon?" scale, Baron getting shipped to a hopeless lottery team to play for a coach he feuded with in New Orleans has to rank up there with DeNiro playing Jake LaMotta and any woman in her mid-40s who just found out she was pregnant with in vitro twins. We're 48 hours away from Baron firing his personal chef and replacing him with Jack from Jack in the Box.
    how is that not funny? kyle orton lacks a sense of humour, along with english skills.

Thread Information