6. Chargers (9-6): @ KC

NFC:

1. x-Seahawks (11-4): STL
    2. x-Lions (11-4): @ GB
    3. z-Cowboys (11-4): @ WAS
    4. Panthers (6-8-1): @ ATL
    5. x-Cardinals (11-4): @ SF
    6. x-Packers (11-4): DET
    Last edited by DeadlyDynasty; 12-22-2014 at 11:56 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    AFC:

1. Patriots (7-2): @ IND, DET, @ GB, @ SD, MIA, @ NYJ, BUF
    2. Broncos (7-2): @ STL, MIA, @ KC, BUF, @ SD, @ CIN, OAK
    3. Colts (6-3): NE, JAX, WAS, @ CLE, HOU, @ DAL, @ TEN
    4. Browns (6-3): HOU, @ ATL, @ BUF, IND, CIN, @ CAR, @ BAL
    5. Chiefs (6-3): SEA, @ OAK, DEN, @ AZ, OAK, @ PIT, SD
    6. Bengals (5-3-1): @ NO, @ TB, @ HOU, PIT, @ CLE, DEN, @ PIT
    10. Chargers (5-4): OAK, STL, @ BAL, NE, DEN, @ SF, @ KC

NFC:

1. Cardinals (8-1): DET, @ SEA, @ ATL, KC, @ STL, SEA, @ SF
    2. Lions (7-2): @ AZ, @ NE, CHI, TB, MIN, @ CHI, @ GB
    3. Eagles (7-2): @ GB, TEN, @ DAL, SEA, DAL, @ WAS, @ NYG
    4. Saints (4-5): CIN, BAL, @ STL, CAR, @ CHI, ATL, @ TB
    5. Cowboys (7-3): @ NYG, PHI, @ CHI, @ PHI, IND, @ WAS
    6. Seahawks (6-3): @ KC, AZ, @ SF, @ PHI, SF, @ AZ, STL
    11. Falcons (3-6): @ CAR, CLE, AZ, @ GB, PIT, @ NO, CAR

This week in particular has significant playoff implications. In the AFC, a Colts win this week against NE could very well give them the inside track to the top seed--their remaining schedule is dog , tbh. New England has the tiebreaker w/ Den but their schedule is murder...I see them finishing 3rd if they lose tomorrow. As for the 4th seed, sorry JoeTait75, but my gut tells me the Ravens or Steelers will take the division. Baltimore will more than likely finish 10-6 and sweep the Browns. Pittsburgh's road is a little rougher but I like them to finish 10-6 as well. These 2 teams will comprise the 4th and 6th seeds. The Bengals have at least 3 likely losses left (@Saints, at Steelers, Broncos), so that would put them at 9 wins--and thank Christ, I'm sick of them wasting a playoff spot every year. The Chargers schedule is laughably murderous, and you can always count on the Dolphins to lose at least one game every year to the Jets (they'll go 9-7). This brings us to the Chiefs--other than the opening stinker they haven't played a bad game this year. It's probably a bit too optimistic to say they'll steal the AFCW from Denver, but they're definitely a lock for the #5 seed. They hold some key tiebreakers right now.

In the NFC the playoff picture is muddied from top to bottom. Two teams immediately jump out at me, for a couple reasons: Green Bay and San Francisco--both our currently on the outside looking in, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that they finish with the byes. Both their schedules are favorable, and I see them winning their respective divisions. Arizona may have gained a big enough head start to squeak into the playoffs, but much like Cleveland I'm expecting a fall off (especially now that Palmer is out). The Lions have that nice 3-game home stretch against duds, which should be enough to get them to 10 wins. This week's game against AZ will be huge in the big picture--a win pretty much guarantees them at least a WC. The Eagles and Cowboys will duke it out till the end for #3, but if it comes down to the last game of the season then, well...you know. The Saints should win out with that sched. The Panthers schedule is cake, but too much Cam Newton doomed their season and it may be too late. This leaves the Seahawks--they're looking at anywhere from 3-5 losses left, easy. They just played 3 awful, awful opponents which inflated their record. Barring catastrophic injuries to other playoff contenders, this team is supremely ed. Their game at Philly will likely be the death blow, since the NFC East runner up will have the tiebreaker on them in the WC race.
    Pretty spot on analysis scro. I don't think Seattle makes it either.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Texans will rise from the ashes with Clowney and Morris healthy and Lord Mallett under center. Their schedule is soft from here on out and they could easily go 9-7 and perhaps even 10-6 if they can gut out a will against Baltimore at home.

/homer

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    AFC North-wise, to me Baltimore still has the best combination of coaching, QB and defense. They're my pick. Pittsburgh loses too many games to bad teams, which to me is a sign of bad coaching. With Cincinnati, Andy Dalton is a hot mess right now.

Cleveland? They might not have the experience and the depth. This Sunday's game is big, though. If the Browns beat the Texans to go to 7-3 I think they'll be in the race till the end. If they lose... look out below.

My Team
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Post Count
    Bengals are making the playffs, only 1 more primetime game this season, so we should be good. Still be 1 & done though

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Cleveland? They might not have the experience and the depth. This Sunday's game is big, though. If the Browns beat the Texans to go to 7-3 I think they'll be in the race till the end. If they lose... look out below.
    I'm really looking forward to this week's game tbh. Critical juncture for both teams.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Well I just found out Foster is out. Grats on the win. .

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    i don't see us losing any game tbh

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Well I just found out Foster is out. Grats on the win. .
    No Jordan Cameron, no Phil Taylor, no Alex Mack, no Josh Gordon... I wouldn't put this one in the "L" column just yet if I were you. Besides, do you really want to concede a game against the Browns in advance?

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    ...true. Houston is just as good as tripping over their own as well though. We will see who outfails who.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    good thread double d

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Since 2012: Brady 0-7 on road and Luck 8-1 at home against winning teams. Luck's loss to Philadelphia earlier this season. The only really tough games left on the Colts schedule are this week and Dallas in Week 16. Houston game could be close only because division games are weird but I don't think the Colts would lose at home to Houston with a playoff bye at stake.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Nice write up DD... One correction to note: The Saints don't play @Stl. That week should be @Pitt.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    There's no way the Colts lose this game imo

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Tenth place and probably no chance of making the playoffs, yet our got fanbase doesn't want to tank for the highest possible draft pick because "there's still a chance!!! We always play well in December!!!"

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Tenth place and probably no chance of making the playoffs, yet our got fanbase doesn't want to tank for the highest possible draft pick because "there's still a chance!!! We always play well in December!!!"
    maybe because 10th is 1 game away from the wildcard and you still get KC...

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    maybe because 10th is 1 game away from the wildcard and you still get KC...
    even so, they won't make it far in the playoffs. I wouldn't mind tanking to be in a better position to get the best O-line and D-line we can.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    even so, they won't make it far in the playoffs. I wouldn't mind tanking to be in a better position to get the best O-line and D-line we can.
    maybe this is just coming from a fan who is starving for a playoff birth... but i'd take any playoff trip i can in the NFL. you never know who could get hot out of nowhere and win a chip they had no business winning. the giants did it twice. maybe the best QB from that draft class can do it too

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    The Chargers have an impossible road ahead of them (aside from the next 2 weeks)...doesn't mean they shouldn't try, but it'll be damn hard. The 49ers intrigue me the most--they'll be favored in 6 of their 7 remaining games. This could be a case of an extremely talented team being written off as over-the-hill a year too early (much like the 2012 Ravens).

My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count
    maybe this is just coming from a fan who is starving for a playoff birth... but i'd take any playoff trip i can in the NFL. you never know who could get hot out of nowhere and win a chip they had no business winning. the giants did it twice. maybe the best QB from that draft class can do it too
    Absolutely agree. As a Lions fan I will take any playoff berth to keep us from screwing up many more top 10 draft picks please

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    This isn't the NBA. You really don't have to tank in the NFL to have access to good players in the draft. The Steelers and the Ravens have drafted behind the Browns for years and years, yet they always seem to come up with superior players. Baltimore drafted Edward Reed after the Browns drafted William Green; Pittsburgh drafted Ben Roethlisberger after the Browns drafted Kellen Winslow Jr; etc, etc.

The NBA is more about where you draft; the NFL is more about how you draft.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    DD with the goods

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    updated...f'ing Nawlins.................

My Team
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Post Count
    Bengals are making the playffs, only 1 more primetime game this season, so we should be good. Still be 1 & done though

Thread Information