Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Doncic is going to be great. Think Ben Simmons with a jump shot. His defense is a legit concern, but he's smart enough to at least become a good fundamental team defender.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Ben Simmons with a jumper, wow....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any team who passes on Doncic will regret it for a long, long time...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quality stuff

Last edited by Jules_Winnfield; 05-20-2018 at 04:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic is the definition of a no miss prospect. I understand those that would go with ayton for the upside, but there is no way Doncic is any less than a very good player on a contender.

Veteran
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Doncic is the definition of a no miss prospect. I understand those that would go with ayton for the upside, but there is no way Doncic is any less than a very good player on a contender.
    In the Suns’ case, it’s not just for the upside. Sarver is gonna go with Ayton because he went to U of A and because in 50 years we’ve never had a center.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Appearing today on Chris Mannix's podcast, Charania pointed specifically to the Clippers as a team that has weighed the possibility of moving up. With the Nos. 12 and 13 picks currently in hand, L.A. could put together an intriguing package, and they've looked "heavily" at Real Madrid star Luka Doncic, according to Charania.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/06/...rfas-more.html

Make it happen, Jerry! Doncic is already going to be a beast - now imagine him getting to learn from Teodosic.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

It's utterly ridiculous that Doncic's draft stock seems to be falling while he's winning championships. Hopefully the teams at the top of the lottery really are that dumb, so the Clippers can trade up and draft him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's utterly ridiculous that Doncic's draft stock seems to be falling while he's winning championships. Hopefully the teams at the top of the lottery really are that dumb, so the Clippers can trade up and draft him.
    he's not winning championships... he's winning every championship .. it's mental.. If he doesn't go at least #2, many teams will never hear the end of it.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I’d take Doncic #1 overall from everything we’ve read and heard about him.

But isn’t part of the reason his draft stock is down the fact that some teams believe if he doesn’t like the team that drafts him, he’ll just stay in Europe?

Hypothetically, for argument sake, let’s say his camp has informed teams at the top of the draft that he won’t sign with them if the select him, and he’d only be interested in coming to the NBA for teams like the Bulls at 7 or the Knicks at 9. Do you draft him anyway and risk him not signing plus missing out on other top draft prospects?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

8 points in championship clinching game ... like kirby against celtics in '10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d take Doncic #1 overall from everything we’ve read and heard about him.

But isn’t part of the reason his draft stock is down the fact that some teams believe if he doesn’t like the team that drafts him, he’ll just stay in Europe?

Hypothetically, for argument sake, let’s say his camp has informed teams at the top of the draft that he won’t sign with them if the select him, and he’d only be interested in coming to the NBA for teams like the Bulls at 7 or the Knicks at 9. Do you draft him anyway and risk him not signing plus missing out on other top draft prospects?
    nah he doesn't care about that. He wasn't saying that he'd come for sure, out of respect to his current team.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    8 points in championship clinching game ... like kirby against celtics in '10
    Kobe would have bricked that three and then blamed his teammates if they lost.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Also... Ayton only scored 14 points and got blown out by Buffalo in the NCAA Tournament, yet he's getting drafted first overall. But sure, let's on one low-scoring game for Doncic en route to winning another championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also... Ayton only scored 14 points and got blown out by Buffalo in the NCAA Tournament, yet he's getting drafted first overall. But sure, let's on one low-scoring game for Doncic en route to winning another championship.
    i dont actually think he should be defined by it. but you up one of the two shots he made all game to cite his greatness

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just randomly took a look at the 2006 draft. at most of the lottery picks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_NBA_draft

1 1 Andrea Bargnani PF Italy Toronto Raptors Benetton Treviso (Italy)
    1 2 LaMarcus Aldridge* PF United States Chicago Bulls (from New York, traded to Portland)[o][a] Texas (So.)
    1 3 Adam Morrison SF United States Charlotte Bobcats Gonzaga (Jr.)
    1 4 Tyrus Thomas PF United States Portland Trail Blazers (traded to Chicago)[a] LSU (Fr.)
    1 5 Shelden Williams PF United States Atlanta Hawks Duke (Sr.)
    1 6 Brandon Roy*~ SG United States Minnesota Timberwolves (traded to Portland)[b] Washington (Sr.)
    1 7 Randy Foye SG United States Boston Celtics (traded to Minnesota via Portland)[b] Villanova (Sr.)
    1 8 Rudy Gay SF United States Houston Rockets (traded to Memphis)[c] Connecticut (So.)
    1 9 Patrick O'Bryant C United States Golden State Warriors Bradley (So.)
    1 10 Mouhamed Sene C Senegal Seattle SuperSonics Verviers-Pepinster (Belgium)
    1 11 J. J. Re SG United States Orlando Magic Duke (Sr.)
    1 12 Hilton Armstrong C United States New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets Connecticut (Sr.)
    1 13 Thabo Sefolosha

other notable

1 21 Rajon Rondo*

1 24 Kyle Lowry*

2 47 Paul Millsap+

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Sounds like Michael Porter, Jr. is probably going to fall to us at 12/13. His injury history scares me, but I think he's a risk worth taking at that point in the draft if we stand pat.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    When you thought ESPN couldn't make the draft any worse...

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Warriors getting booed loudly during Silver's speech.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just randomly took a look at the 2006 draft. at most of the lottery picks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_NBA_draft

1 1 Andrea Bargnani PF Italy Toronto Raptors Benetton Treviso (Italy)
    1 2 LaMarcus Aldridge* PF United States Chicago Bulls (from New York, traded to Portland)[o][a] Texas (So.)
    1 3 Adam Morrison SF United States Charlotte Bobcats Gonzaga (Jr.)
    1 4 Tyrus Thomas PF United States Portland Trail Blazers (traded to Chicago)[a] LSU (Fr.)
    1 5 Shelden Williams PF United States Atlanta Hawks Duke (Sr.)
    1 6 Brandon Roy*~ SG United States Minnesota Timberwolves (traded to Portland)[b] Washington (Sr.)
    1 7 Randy Foye SG United States Boston Celtics (traded to Minnesota via Portland)[b] Villanova (Sr.)
    1 8 Rudy Gay SF United States Houston Rockets (traded to Memphis)[c] Connecticut (So.)
    1 9 Patrick O'Bryant C United States Golden State Warriors Bradley (So.)
    1 10 Mouhamed Sene C Senegal Seattle SuperSonics Verviers-Pepinster (Belgium)
    1 11 J. J. Re SG United States Orlando Magic Duke (Sr.)
    1 12 Hilton Armstrong C United States New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets Connecticut (Sr.)
    1 13 Thabo Sefolosha

other notable

1 21 Rajon Rondo*

1 24 Kyle Lowry*

2 47 Paul Millsap+
    Obviously the key is getting Lowry and Milsqap outside of the top 10 ...
    But that sample right there is why I laugh at the Clips 12 and 13 picks being enough with Harris for KL
    Spurs can get this year's Hilton Armstrong and Thabo sefolosha ...yeah!!!!!

Of course we want to give Spurs the BOD ...but the reality is drafting is a very inexact science ainge pissed away a bunch of picks before getting Tatum and Jaylen and many suck him off as t he best GM in the NBA.

Where is Yaubesele, Young and Zizic on the Celts roster?!
    What about RJ hunter, fab Melo, Nougertia and Jared Sullinger?

That's just the past 5 years ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sounds like Michael Porter, Jr. is probably going to fall to us at 12/13. His injury history scares me, but I think he's a risk worth taking at that point in the draft if we stand pat.
    Why not?? with back to back picks ... gamble. Bust rate is high outside of top 5 anyways.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Player comparisons are so lame

Thread Information