Page 7 of 115 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When has an Argentinian SG ever worked out as a late draft pick? Pass.
    Last edited by bluebellmaniac; 04-13-2020 at 06:01 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah that’s kinda what I was thinking since they took Samanic at 19 if they like a guy I’d imagine they’d take him at 11 too if they like him. He definitely passes the highlight eye test lol
    I agree, but he's got to work on those contested jumpers. He's taking bad shots against lesser quality players. It would only get worse against NBA level talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D) Trade someone for a late first
    This is actually my favorite option, but I didn't list it due to reality. That's just not the "Spurs way"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t have a good read on him and its hard to go big man in drafts with how they are valued now, but depending on where the Spurs land maybe trading up for Wiseman?

SA doesn’t have any one glaring need over another (they need a lot) but I would say a young, mobile, long PF/C is on that list. The shelf is dry even though you can get plug and play C’s for pretty damn cheap.

If Wiseman projects to be a lot more than that though (so not just some no offense athletic shot blocker) then maybe it’s worth a gamble.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like Avdija or Wiseman

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seen some mocks with Jaden McDaniels to SA

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    perfect fooking choice i will cry if this happens.........he is durant reincarnated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t have a good read on him and its hard to go big man in drafts with how they are valued now, but depending on where the Spurs land maybe trading up for Wiseman?

SA doesn’t have any one glaring need over another (they need a lot) but I would say a young, mobile, long PF/C is on that list. The shelf is dry even though you can get plug and play C’s for pretty damn cheap.

If Wiseman projects to be a lot more than that though (so not just some no offense athletic shot blocker) then maybe it’s worth a gamble.
    I'd really like Wiseman. He's not a bad shooter and is quick, athletic, and aggressive, which are things the Spurs are lacking in spades. Either him, or a solid SF. The thing is, Wiseman is protected to go at the top 3 in most mocks - what piece can the Spurs part with that would land them a pick in that range? I don't think White or DJ alone plus our pick is enough. I wouldn't want to trade Lonnie either, but everyone else is pretty expendable tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could be behind this pick 100%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd really like Wiseman. He's not a bad shooter and is quick, athletic, and aggressive, which are things the Spurs are lacking in spades. Either him, or a solid SF. The thing is, Wiseman is protected to go at the top 3 in most mocks - what piece can the Spurs part with that would land them a pick in that range? I don't think White or DJ alone plus our pick is enough. I wouldn't want to trade Lonnie either, but everyone else is pretty expendable tbh...
    Too hard to tell at the moment. If SA gets pick 11 for example vs pick 5 then it changes the dynamics. We just dont know that that will look like yet.

But I will say, I would probably trade Lonnie, White or Murray if it meant getting someone in the top 5 (that SA obviously really likes). I would prefer not to and would rather use vets + pick to move up, but...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be interesting how teams comeback from this pandemic, like will teams be trying to save salary until things get back to normal again or will they try to make deals for players to get people back into the arenas whenever that is because if that’s the case a team like NY, Charlotte, Detroit could be really hurting for a star to bring fans back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be interesting how teams comeback from this pandemic, like will teams be trying to save salary until things get back to normal again or will they try to make deals for players to get people back into the arenas whenever that is because if that’s the case a team like NY, Charlotte, Detroit could be really hurting for a star to bring fans back
    Teams are losing quite a bit of money. They are required to pay players as long as the season is suspended, but the checks cancel when the season cancelled. The union and owners are at an impass right now because they can't agree on a percentage settlement for the rest of the season. As of now players are scheduled to get full paychecks in April.

A lot of words to say that owners and teams are NOT going to be willing to pass out extra money this off-season after all they've already lost. Everything I've read points to players opting into contracts to weather the storm and then going after more money in the next off-season.

This could be beneficial to the Spurs in two ways:

DDR will probably opt in and it will give the Spurs another chance to trade him. Ideally on draft day to either pick up a late first rounder or move up for a guy we like. But at the very least it gives us one more trade deadline to find a deal because it's clear he isn't in our long term plans;

It also means some UFAs may be bargains if the team is willing to pay them. It would hurt their financials in the short term but long term we could get a good player on the cheap if other teams are holding back funds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't mind Precious either. He's in our range.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    out of everyone in this draft. Precious in one of the guys i'm on the edge about. I really want him, but on the otherside, can he have enough offensive upside.. Dude might me the steal of the draft.

He's has some good upside on the defensive end, probably will be 4, that can guard, 2-5 in the league.

here's a video of what he can do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_Fl...ature=youtu.be

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    out of everyone in this draft. Precious in one of the guys i'm on the edge about. I really want him, but on the otherside, can he have enough offensive upside.. Dude might me the steal of the draft.

He's has some good upside on the defensive end, probably will be 4, that can guard, 2-5 in the league.

here's a video of what he can do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_Fl...ature=youtu.be
    I've seen him projected in the late 20s. I'd hate him at 11.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I am hoping we move up in the lottery to say 5 that will still give us access to some pretty good PF/C in the second round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I am hoping we move up in the lottery to say 5 that will still give us access to some pretty good PF/C in the second round.
    Don't they only draw.for the top 4? So we are either in the top 4, or 11, 12, or 13th, depending on if those behind us get drawn.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have an average of about 2% of getting pick 1 - 4, and 77% for 11th and 12% for pick 12. The Pelicans had a 6% chance when they landed first pick and got Zion Williams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have an average of about 2% of getting pick 1 - 4, and 77% for 11th and 12% for pick 12. The Pelicans had a 6% chance when they landed first pick and got Zion Williams.
    My point is moving to the 5th pick via lottery is not an option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point is moving to the 5th pick via lottery is not an option.

Correct

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't they only draw.for the top 4? So we are either in the top 4, or 11, 12, or 13th, depending on if those behind us get drawn.

No. The Spurs have a 2%-2.8% chance each of getting one of the Top 4 picks. If they don't get one of those long shots, they're going to get 11-14 (with a tiny sliver of a chance of getting 15).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. The Spurs have a 2%-2.8% chance each of getting one of the Top 4 picks. If they don't get one of those long shots, they're going to get 11-14 (with a tiny sliver of a chance of getting 15).
    There's no chance of getting 15, because there are only 14 teams in the lottery. I think you're thinking that four teams could jump the Spurs, but there are only three behind SA (right now, SAC, NOP and PDX). Worst case is that all three of those teams get top-four picks and drive SA down to 14.

The overwhelming likelihood here is that the Spurs draft at 11, with a small chance of 12. To put it into perspective, the Spurs are twice more likely to draft first-overall than they are to draft 13th. There's an 86-percent chance that no one from 12-14 moves up and a 78-percent chance that no one from the bottom four does. (That math assumes the spots are IID variables -- which they're not, but they shouldn't be too different and are probably more generous.)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have a 9.4% chance at a top 4 pick, not 2.8% like some have stated previously..

They have a 2% chance at getting the 1st pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have a 9.4% chance at a top 4 pick, not 2.8% like some have stated previously..

They have a 2% chance at getting the 1st pick.
    Assuming we don’t get the 1st or 2nd pick, would love to get the 3rd or 4th pick and get Toppin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes snt for SF and 2nd rd high pick makes me a day

Thread Information