Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you are right, this team looks like one that can make the playoffs.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost didn't watch but glad I did. The offense seems retrofitted. Demar playing inside with 4 spacers... it really opened things up. The way they played tonight was the blueprint for future success. Pre game pop mentioned how they only look at one thing the last few weeks and that's three point shots made for the opponent. I think Pop has finally accepted modernization. I really pumped going forward. We could see a monumental turn around this season. I think they finally figured out how to best utilize LMA and DeRozan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think this win means much. Pistons are a very weak team with this kind of Griffin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost didn't watch but glad I did. The offense seems retrofitted. Demar playing inside with 4 spacers... it really opened things up. The way they played tonight was the blueprint for future success. Pre game pop mentioned how they only look at one thing the last few weeks and that's three point shots made for the opponent. I think Pop has finally accepted modernization. I really pumped going forward. We could see a monumental turn around this season. I think they finally figured out how to best utilize LMA and DeRozan.
    It surely seems the right blueprint for the way this roster is constructed - LMA playing center and shooting more 3s, presumably preserving some energy for rim protecting, with DDR driving and kicking, as he's by far the best at this, plus 3 floor spacers who ideally wouldn't be horrible defensively, which is the tough part - Murray can't space the floor, Forbes, Beli, Patty and even Rudy and Walker have been terrible defensively.

As some others have pointed out it's worth trying DDR at PF if LMA is willing to shoot 3s but it's tough to figure out who the 5th man should be. Someone like a healthy Covington could really help but he'd cost a pick and it's dangerous trading any picks with a full rebuilding just around the corner, so they'd better hope Walker can step up his defense and shooting and earn that role.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If LMA and Lyles can consistently hits 2/3 of 5 3pts every game, they are going to open up the restricted area for DDR and Murray.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although they played a terrible team, this was a great win. LA looks finally comfortable launching 3-5 threes a game, which is extremely important. Demar is not trying to do too much. Beli played in garbage time only, although I fully expect him to play some heavy minutes soon again. Sometimes I think Pop prefers Beli because he's better at moving without the ball, but well, this is literally the only thing he's better at and he's incredibly worse at any other thing besides shooting off-balanced threes compared to LWIV.
    Let's see whether they can go 3 for 3 on this homestand. The OKC game will be very telling about whether this team can reach the postseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good grades. I think White was terrible on defense for a player of his capabilities, D Rose destroyed him in the first half. I don't know why he's that passive coming off the bench. Last season he averaged 14.8 points for a stretch of about 50 games.

I like that Pop went back to using DeRozan like he did last year. There was a stat last season with DeMar being the prime 3-point assistant on the team, especially when he was out there with the 4 bench players. Now we don't have Bertans anymore, but if Gay and White can hit their 3s Pop should keep on using him like that. Using DeRozan as a playmaker maximizes his efficiency.

Aldridge worked on his game all summer, although spurstalkers always come up with their conspiracy theories that he doesn't

He looks to being back to his usual self. Remember he started last season slow as well and needed like 20 games to get it going. I expect to see All-Star Aldridge consistently from here on now.

It was great to see Lonnie out there and he couldn't have made those 8 points if Pop hadn't benched him for 5 games. Right timvp?

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great looking, complete win last night. This is how a team with two small time stars and a good young core should look out there. I hope this is the iden y they’ve been looking for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eight seed. Absolute worst place to be in this league for non-contending teams.

No chance at a ring, no chance at a high pick. Smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eight seed. Absolute worst place to be in this league for non-contending teams.

No chance at a ring, no chance at a high pick. Smh
    det streak tho

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Orsborn should get an A grade for recommending to Pop to play lonnie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I enjoyed the game and could see a playoff team if Spurs play their cards right. B+ for Lyles is good but could be better, for his defense on Griffin. Spurs avoided the streamrolling dunks, due in part with Poeltl/Lyles defending and rebounding, and most obviously Spurs matching their athleticism with Walker instead of Beli. Kudos to Pop and I hope it’s a more regular formula. Walker needs the time to settle down. He’s still very much too giddy out there, and it takes time and confidence that his coach would not yank him out for small mistakes, and it would definitely help the Spurs with better defender and obvious athleticism. I’m okay with Aldridge shooting 3’s to create spacing for DDR, Murray and Walker to beat their men. As long as Aldridge still continues to punish smaller defenders down the paint, and mix it up. I see smiles on Demar. Wins will create better camaraderie and trust with team mates. Good win for the Spurs.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the goal is to beat the 12-21 Pistons, squeak into the playoffs with a sub-.500 record, and exit in the first round, and get yet another mediocre draft pick? Then, yes, Pop is back. At least for this one night.

Getting Beli out of the lineup is a step in the right direction. Aldridge hitting 5-6 from 3P definitely helps. I'm pretty sure every person here could have figured out those two things in less than 30 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easiest grades so far this year! Wrong on Pop, Beli and White.

* White went with the flow and didn’t impede progress. That’s a at least a B for me.
    * Beli didn’t really play and Pop didn’t play him. That’s an A+ right there!

I missed Marco playing at all so I raced to the net to see if he was hurt. Then I saw 3 minutes. Hopefully ole Pop-a- is back on his meds. Becky and Tim must take turns and keep him on schedule.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaMarcus Aldridge enjoyed his night in Bizarro World, knocking down a career-best five 3-pointers on his way to 25 points and 12 rebounds.

For the first time this season, the All-Star forward scored more 3-point shots than 2-pointers (four).

“We want him to shoot those,” coach Gregg Popovich said. “He shoots 10 a game, that’s good with me.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might as well try to make the playoffs one last time before the rebuild. A rebuild could take as long as 10 years before we can become a contender again or even make the playoffs especially with being a small market team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just wondering how a occasional zone defense would work using Poertl, Lyles, White, Murray and Walker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaMarcus Aldridge enjoyed his night in Bizarro World, knocking down a career-best five 3-pointers on his way to 25 points and 12 rebounds.

For the first time this season, the All-Star forward scored more 3-point shots than 2-pointers (four).

“We want him to shoot those,” coach Gregg Popovich said. “He shoots 10 a game, that’s good with
    Ready for the San antonio Rockets?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we only had Bertans...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the rockets would be champions if they had done some ISO against GSW when their shots were not falling. Easy buckets to right the ship. instead it was legendary chucking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best thing about the game was to see the Spurs not play down to their opponent. They kept the heat on, and ran away from the Pistons, as they should. Nice job on that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs owed DET an a** beating and I’m glad they took care of business. I’m also glad that DeRozan auditioned well for DET if they are truly interested in trading for him. This type of game surely helps their case in wanting him to help with the playoffs in the East.

LMA has had solid value IMO but him shooting 3’s adds to that too.

So good all around with a win and trade value boosted.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just wondering how a occasional zone defense would work using Poertl, Lyles, White, Murray and Walker.
    Well. You’ll have no way to check it

Thread Information