Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope you don't get pinked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. This team should at least be as good as last season, but should really be better given the return of Murray. And they've been mostly healthy all season. Yet they've somehow managed to get worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Solid article, cd021.

The evidence doesn't lie. Pop has been awful.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if spurs did not tank and did not draft robinson and duncan, gregg would be just an average coach. Nowadays he sucks and only what he cares about is another PO, not focused on long term plan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In some ways it seems there may be a mental disorder being displayed by poop. A dissonance.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if spurs did not tank and did not draft robinson and duncan, gregg would be just an average coach. Nowadays he sucks and only what he cares about is another PO, not focused on long term plan
    He would've been out of the league within seven years and living on his air force pension.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is no dummy and I’m sure he sees those deficiencies in playing Brin & Marco. I can only assume this is the Spurs version of tanking without being obvious about it. It’s the only thing that makes sense of Pop’s decision making & rotations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thank you for this article. Definitely some of your best work. Sniffers will say it's not true, others will come up with some stupid conspiracy theories like this one:

Pop is no dummy and I’m sure he sees those deficiencies in playing Brin & Marco. I can only assume this is the Spurs version of tanking without being obvious about it. It’s the only thing that makes sense of Pop’s decision making & rotations.
    Spurs would be 5th in the west if their coach wasn't Senilovich

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn bruh, surprised SniffMVP gave the go-ahead for a negative Pop article

The spurs would be easily, EASILY in the playoffs this season with a chance at a Top 4 seed if you replaced Pop with literally any other coach in the league. He's been that bad unfortunately.

Worst yet, the handling of Lonnie, the failure to play DJ + White together, and of course the inevitable Forbes extension will have ramifications long after this year.....

It's going to be a great, great day when Pop finally retires, hopefully it's this summer tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lot of rumblings from sources within the organization that Pop is expecting to hand the keys of the franchise over to Bryn starting this summer.....(he's already said that Forbes is one of the most important players on the team and puts him up there with the likes of Manu/TP as all time Spurs greats).......

Somebody obviously needs to step in and take the keys away before his mental condition deteriorates any further.......

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn bruh, surprised SniffMVP gave the go-ahead for a negative Pop article

The spurs would be easily, EASILY in the playoffs this season with a chance at a Top 4 seed if you replaced Pop with literally any other coach in the league. He's been that bad unfortunately.

Worst yet, the handling of Lonnie, the failure to play DJ + White together, and of course the inevitable Forbes extension will have ramifications long after this year.....

It's going to be a great, great day when Pop finally retires, hopefully it's this summer tbh.
    no way that spurs would be a top4 with this roster. But would be better without pop thats truuuu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The le of the article is eye-catching (but a bit idiotic).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You tell'em cal! Great article!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Needs to be cleaned up grammatically and some structural issues. Reads like plebe work. Would not recommend for even a free download tbh

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was hope that this team would be significantly better defensively than last season’s 19th ranked team. Instead, the Spurs rank 23rd this season, in large part thanks to an overreliance on defensive turnstiles like Bryn Forbes and Marco Belinelli.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent article, it's something us objective spurs fans have been saying all season. The only defense for pop's coaching this season is a conspiracy theory that he's tanking

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Excellent article, it's something us objective spurs fans have been saying all season. The only defense for pop's coaching this season is a conspiracy theory that he's tanking
    The time to tank was last season, that Zion guy, cough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Republicans thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope you don't get pinked.
    Why would he
    Anything he was to easy on pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just enjoy the ride guys. It’s his last year here. Raise a toast to one of the greatest coaches to ever do it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just enjoy the ride guys. It’s his last year here. Raise a toast to one of the greatest coaches to ever do it
    And if it's not?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the same Pop who gave significant minutes to scrubs his whole career. The only difference now is that his roster's raw talent doesn't outweigh that flaw.

Pop's strengths, at least earlier in his career, are in extending the lifeline of great teams by drafting (Tony, Manu), and load management. Those skills are less valuable when your best player is a net neutral impact wise(demar). To compound it, his flaws are blindingly clear without a superstar to lean on.

Sure, other coaches could handle this team better, but it's not like this roster would be anywhere near contending regardless. Pop's strengths maximized the Spurs championships windows and sans Kawhi wanting to go home, we would likely still be contending now. It's unfortunate that it's ending on a bitter note, but you take the good with the bad.

Hopefully Brent gets waived/traded, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2014 forgives him for this season. 2014 the greatest coaching season ever.

Thread Information