Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trying to understand if a Murray and a Primo can start on a future Spurs team. Are they redundant or complimentary
    As complementary as DeMar was to Murray when DeMar would share playmaking duties with him. The current system doesnt rely on one point to run the game. It’s going to be shared by multiple playmakers to keep the defense guessing. Primo adds a new layer to the predictable offense we’ve had in years’ past since he can actually shoot and he has a decent shot creation package. Also, he’s pretty good insurance for White whenever he has his annual injury. I think eventually Primo bumps White down to the bench so White’s body can be preserved for a full season.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 08-07-2021 at 06:48 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we expecting to even see Primo with the varsity team for at the least 1.5 to 2 years? Backcourt Roster could look very different by then even with DM and twinkle toes under contract so who cares who fits next to who right now. To me Primos fit on this current construction of a roster doesn’t matter. He just needs to become stronger and his best possible version of himself in the next 2 years. Whether that be as a point or if he’s grows a little as a combo guard/forward. Let’s not get too excited as he’s playing against ALOT of fodder. He def has the tools and he’s seems to have the confidence and drive so let’s see.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what the heck has happened with their 3pt shooting? last two games was awful, especially vassell and wieskamp should have a better 3pt%

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo is playing with the big club....pop doesn’t have time to slow walk him! He may get that TP treatment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what the heck has happened with their 3pt shooting? last two games was awful, especially vassell and wieskamp should have a better 3pt%
    a lot of it has too do with playing with bad players. Neither of them are getting good open spot up looks. Vassell has being pretty much all one on one and that’s really not his game at this point. wieskamp is a g league player for a few years. If he can become a capable defender and a 45% three point shooter he might get to play with the big boys as a late 2nd to 3rd string player. His rebounding has been pretty good, that’s about it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kid is different and the Spurs weren’t willing to ignore it! We may end up having to verify why 1-11 didn’t select him....time will tell!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo is playing with the big club....pop doesn’t have time to slow walk him! He may get that TP treatment
    very wishful thinking. He’d be behind DM, White, Vassell, Forbes, Walker and prob Tre Jones at this point. I’d be surprised if Primo makes it out of the G league by mid of the season after the upcoming one. Now Pop is gone or Primo becomes an overnight superstar, then we may have a chance.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a lot of it has too do with playing with bad players. Neither of them are getting good open spot up looks. Vassell has being pretty much all one on one and that’s really not his game at this point. wieskamp is a g league player for a few years. If he can become a capable defender and a 45% three point shooter he might get to play with the big boys as a late 2nd to 3rd string player. His rebounding has been pretty good, that’s about it.
    Joe is going to be fine when they start playing structured....he’s just getting acclimated.his shot will start to fall but I’m observing his defense & ball handling more than anything. He’s currently forcing stuff out of frustration I can tell,he’s used to structure at Iowa.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    very wishful thinking. He’d be behind DM, White, Vassell, Forbes, Walker and prob Tre Jones at this point. I’d be surprised if Primo makes it out of the G league by mid of the season after the upcoming one. Now Pop is gone or Primo becomes an overnight superstar, then we may have a chance.
    I hope you’re wrong, we’ve seen this go down both ways in the past! He may force their hand with his play and what we do in free agency

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Even when Primo gets picked he fights on and dogs his man all the way to he rack.

If only you could combine Walker's explosiveness with Primo's everything else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would she when she's gonna be glued to the bench behind Forbes? Granma's got better things to do with her time, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are saying on NBA tv that Pop is calling it a retool and they are not rebuilding.
    Um Pop...who exactly are we retooling around? Old man Probably still think Timmy is still on the team lol
    Did you miss that we signed Bryn Forbes? He is our new star. I was surprised we got him so cheap.

No Limit For Life NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Generally like what I’ve seen in 2 minutes of Primo. But hey Vassell is lighting it up and it is SL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry if this was already posted:

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    most people didn't have a problem with the pick, they had a problem with not trading down to pick him. I always give the Spurs the benefit of the doubt when it comes to drafting.

he was gone at 13 or 16. There was no trading down to get him.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

“Devin Booker but with defense”

is how he was described in the workouts and in scouting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's her jumpshot? Will she sign for the Midlevel exception?
    She's 85 so right around the age TD and Manu were when they retired! She'll think about it as she's not too keen on carrying Forbes' scrub ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She's 85 so right around the age TD and Manu were when they retired! She'll think about it as she's not too keen on carrying Forbes' scrub ass.

Understandable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he was gone at 13 or 16. There was no trading down to get him.
    There is literally zero proof for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    most people didn't have a problem with the pick, they had a problem with not trading down to pick him. I always give the Spurs the benefit of the doubt when it comes to drafting.
    And there was credible rumors teams right after the Spurs saw the same things.
    I always hate player comparison, but he reminds me of DeRozan, except with a 3point shot and defense...
    We'll never mind

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just two summer league games but I would love to hear the draft experts that criticized the spurs for taking Primo at 12. Bill simmons and Ryan Russello drilled the spurs on their podcast and totally clowned them for the pick
    I heard that pod too, but it’ll come at the next level when Primo starts out performing people drafted before him. Of all the young guys the Spurs currently have, Primo is the one I’ve found most impressive when watching them play in summer league. Hopefully he develops and it translates with the A team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I haven't seen anything of this kid but what I just saw was impressive especially his poise. Looks like he's literally just going through the motions. I also thought that step back was luck until I realized most the shots he took in that video were of the same step back. Impressive and can't wait to see him in the big league.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is literally zero proof for that.
    There's zero proof either way.

It isn't really justifiable to assume that the Spurs could have traded down and still snagged Primo. Maybe it was possible, maybe it wasn't.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm excited for Primo. Love the poise. He's showing an ability to make difficult shots. I just hope that he isn't having to take difficult shots because he can't get by anyone. That was a knock on him, I believe, so it will be interesting to see how that develops. But big picture, he does look like someone who can contribute something early while still learning and expanding his game.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wrong thread for this comment, but interesting that very early in the video the commentators says that Mitch is in constant communication with Coach Pop...doesn't sound like he's leaving if he's in day to day communication about the progress of the players WHILE coaching in the Olympics. Just saying.

Thread Information