Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    To be revisited after the season. Post your predictions for the regular season inside:

Most radical prediction of the year:
    -Justin Fields comes onto the scene in Week 2 after Andy Dalton and co. get pulverized by the Rams in week 1. Fields pulls a Dak Prescott/Russell Wilson and has a fantastic rookie season, taking the league by storm, sweeps the Packers and wins the division behind an elite Midway Monsters defense.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    I don’t have the effort to do the math for team-by-team records, so…

AFC:
    1. Bills
    2. Chiefs
    3. Browns
    4. ans
    5. Ravens
    6. Steelers
    7. Chargers

NFC:
    1. Rams
    2. Buccaneers
    3. Cowboys
    4. Packers
    5. Seahawks
    6. 49ers
    7. Vikings

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

AFC:
    1. Bills
    2. Chiefs
    3. Browns
    4. ans
    5. Ravens
    6. Steelers
    7. Chargers

NFC:
    1. Rams
    2. Buccaneers
    3. Cowboys
    4. Packers
    5. Seahawks
    6. 49ers
    7. Vikings
    You still think the Steelers are viable?!? I don't... their 11-0 start last year was a proven fraud, and the clock is ticking fast on the Big Ben now, pun intended.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    You still think the Steelers are viable?!? I don't... their 11-0 start last year was a proven fraud, and the clock is ticking fast on the Big Ben now, pun intended.
    Their o-line worries me but I trust them more than teams like Miami (worse OL, crap QB) and Indy (no QB). Of course, if the Raiders ever played to their potential they could crash the party too.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count

AFC:
    1. Bills
    2. Chiefs
    3. Browns
    4. ans
    5. Ravens
    6. Steelers
    7. Chargers

NFC:
    1. Rams
    2. Buccaneers
    3. Cowboys
    4. Packers
    5. Seahawks
    6. 49ers
    7. Vikings
    I'd say the Rams would be behind the Bucs. Losing Cam Akers is going to hurt our balance. I hope for a good season as I hope to trek to SoFi this season and check that monstrosity out.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    AFC:

1. Chiefs
    2. Bills
    3. Ravens
    4. ans
    5. Browns
    6. Broncos
    7. Steelers

NFC:

1. Bucs
    2. Niners
    3. Packers
    4. Redskins
    5. Rams
    6. Seahawks
    7. Saints

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    AFC:

1. Chiefs
    2. Bills
    3. Ravens
    4. ans
    5. Browns
    6. Broncos
    7. Steelers

NFC:

1. Bucs
    2. Niners
    3. Packers
    4. Redskins
    5. Rams
    6. Seahawks
    7. Saints
    Redskins, Broncos and Saints don't have a viable QB on their rosters. lolz. And you can argue the Steelers don't have a competent one anymore either, Big Rape has a noodle arm these days.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'd say the Rams would be behind the Bucs. Losing Cam Akers is going to hurt our balance. I hope for a good season as I hope to trek to SoFi this season and check that monstrosity out.
    losing one out of 3 rotation backs in a RBBC won't submarine a season, lmfao. they'll pick up one off the street or bring one off the practice squad in his absence and he'll do fine. It's not like they're losing Gurley in 2017.

But I do agree with you and see the Rams being behind the Bucs only because the NFC West winner will probably have at least 4 losses due to them having the gauntlet of having to play each other twice. While the Bucs have an easy division and an easy schedule this year.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Their o-line worries me but I trust them more than teams like Miami (worse OL, crap QB) and Indy (no QB). Of course, if the Raiders ever played to their potential they could crash the party too.
    It's not just their o-line. It's their QB who can't throw beyond 10 yards anymore, it's their lack of a running game, it's their boom-or-bust zone blitz happy defense that lost some important parts over the offseason.

Miami's offense is boom-or bust, but they have more potential at QB and WR than the Steelers, plus a more solid defense, even if they won't get as many sacks and turnovers they also won't give up so many big plays like the Steelers do. I still don't see Miami making the playoffs, though. They'll get more wins because they play in a slightly worse division. Indy will likely start 0-5 due to their schedule and lack of starting QB and all pro OG early in the season, but they will return and have a mid and late season rally into the playoffs IMO. Wentz is a very good QB in the right scheme (Frank Reich was his perfect fit and I've said it for a year now he needs to go to the Colts if and when Rivers retires, tbh).

The Raiders will be more of the same from last year, it will be fun to watch Carr and Waller dominate even the best of defensive schemes, but their defense is still atrocious and they'll be a middling team once again.

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    losing one out of 3 rotation backs in a RBBC won't submarine a season, lmfao. they'll pick up one off the street or bring one off the practice squad in his absence and he'll do fine. It's not like they're losing Gurley in 2017.

But I do agree with you and see the Rams being behind the Bucs only because the NFC West winner will probably have at least 4 losses due to them having the gauntlet of having to play each other twice. While the Bucs have an easy division and an easy schedule this year.
    I thought he came on at the end of the season and that's what turned the Rams' season around after a slight slump. You're probably right, the RBBC thing is McVay's schtick, but Akers to me, seemed like a bit better than the options they have in-house. I know the upgrade in Stafford will probably be better and the D is going to be pretty good. Special teams needs to be better than last year though.

Yeah, the NFC West is going to be something murderous with all 4 teams vying for the le.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I thought he came on at the end of the season and that's what turned the Rams' season around after a slight slump. You're probably right, the RBBC thing is McVay's schtick, but Akers to me, seemed like a bit better than the options they have in-house. I know the upgrade in Stafford will probably be better and the D is going to be pretty good. Special teams needs to be better than last year though.

Yeah, the NFC West is going to be something murderous with all 4 teams vying for the le.
    1. RBBC isn't "McVay's schtick". RBBCism has been around for a long time, the 00s Patriots and others used it. Bell cow-ism was once the majority and now it's a solid minority with RBBCism a solid majority. In fact, McVay used a bell cow approach with Gurley for 2 years until the injury forced him to convert to RBBCism

2. Special teams lost Fassel and Zuerlein so no doubt it was going to be a work in progress last year, this year they'll probably be improved provided they can get a kicker who can actually kick, I know the one they had last year (Slo ) was a nuclear disaster from the very first game on. doinking a 21 yard attempt on opening night.

3. NFC West is likely going to have all 4 teams with above .500 records... and very possibly all 4 in the playoffs considering the rest of the NFC, particularly the NFC East and NFC South only having one viable quarterback in each division.

4. Didn't you used to be a Seahawks fan, in the L.O.B. era? changed allegiances over the decline of the LOB and uprise of the McVay offense?

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    1. RBBC isn't "McVay's schtick". RBBCism has been around for a long time, the 00s Patriots and others used it. Bell cow-ism was once the majority and now it's a solid minority with RBBCism a solid majority. In fact, McVay used a bell cow approach with Gurley for 2 years until the injury forced him to convert to RBBCism

2. Special teams lost Fassel and Zuerlein so no doubt it was going to be a work in progress last year, this year they'll probably be improved provided they can get a kicker who can actually kick, I know the one they had last year (Slo ) was a nuclear disaster from the very first game on. doinking a 21 yard attempt on opening night.

3. NFC West is likely going to have all 4 teams with above .500 records... and very possibly all 4 in the playoffs considering the rest of the NFC, particularly the NFC East and NFC South only having one viable quarterback in each division.

4. Didn't you used to be a Seahawks fan, in the L.O.B. era? changed allegiances over the decline of the LOB and uprise of the McVay offense?
    I was. I didn't have a pro team since L.A. didn't have one at the time. I've been a USC fan most of my life as a student and due to locale. I made mention that I would become an L.A. fan to whomever relocated here first. It happened to be the Rams. I still hope for Wilson to do well, and I was a fan of Sherman and Thomas before they became less than stellar off the field. My take on fandom absolutism is limited solely for the Lakers as that is my #1 team foremost. USC is my #2 then the Rams/Dodgers #3.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Haven't followed all the team moves enough to make a truly educated guess.

But just for fun:

AFC

1. Chiefs
    2. ans
    3. Patriots
    4. Steelers
    5. Broncos
    6. Bills
    7. Ravens or Jets

NFC

1. Bucs

Damn, that's a sh** show right now. Not even going to bother stacking sh** right now.

AFC stacked though. I see about a dozen or more possible playoff level teams there.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I was. I didn't have a pro team since L.A. didn't have one at the time. I've been a USC fan most of my life as a student and due to locale. I made mention that I would become an L.A. fan to whomever relocated here first. It happened to be the Rams. I still hope for Wilson to do well, and I was a fan of Sherman and Thomas before they became less than stellar off the field. My take on fandom absolutism is limited solely for the Lakers as that is my #1 team foremost. USC is my #2 then the Rams/Dodgers #3.
    Oh, if you're an LA guy, then it makes sense. I visited LA just over two weeks ago for a couple days, I liked my little trip. Only thing that I didn't like was the homeless s sleeping under the bridges between Compton and Hollywood. I'd never actually seen that in real life before I drove by, only on TV. But Persian Square and Hollywood are very nice. And Santa Monica, too, I enjoyed the beach there. And good choice on the Rams instead of the Choking Chargers, lol. Not to mention the Rams were L.A.'s original team in the first place and never belonged in hole St. Louis which is a baseball-centric town anyway. And yeah the Dodgers over the Angels makes sense, the Dodgers run their team properly similar to the Cardinals to field a compe ive team every year, while the Angels are that country club team that loves to acquire big names but always neglects pitching and never actually wins much.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

But just for fun:

AFC

1. Chiefs
    2. ans
    3. Patriots
    4. Steelers
    5. Broncos
    6. Bills
    7. Ravens or Jets

NFC

1. Bucs

Damn, that's a sh** show right now. Not even going to bother stacking sh** right now.

AFC stacked though. I see about a dozen or more possible playoff level teams there.
    I don't. I don't know why anyone is high on Pittsburgh... they showed their true selves in the back third of last year. Flawed team all-around. I have Cincinnati ahead of them, with a healthy Burrow they could get to 7 wins. Denver? I don't believe they ever traded for Aaron Rodgers, did they? Nope... I don't get why anyone is high on them? Drew Lock is atrocious and Bridgewater is a bus driver at best, you saw what he did as a full time starter last year. And their defense isn't what it used to be, even when they get Von Miller back. They aren't going to be good at all until they get a good QB. Last place in that division.

Patriots over Buffalo is an odd choice, but it's only a tiny bit realistic if Mac Jones comes in and plays like a Belichickian elite pocket passer. Scam Newton sucks at this point in his career, straight up.

Miami is forever middling, Raiders the same but for different reasons, I know Zach Wilson is Mormon but the Jets...?! lol. The Jaguars have a much better rookie QB than the Jets, hate to break it to ya.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    brady can do literally anything and some people will still insist he's just lucky

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Nah he’s an overrated system QB

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    I don't. I don't know why anyone is high on Pittsburgh... they showed their true selves in the back third of last year. Flawed team all-around. I have Cincinnati ahead of them, with a healthy Burrow they could get to 7 wins. Denver? I don't believe they ever traded for Aaron Rodgers, did they? Nope... I don't get why anyone is high on them? Drew Lock is atrocious and Bridgewater is a bus driver at best, you saw what he did as a full time starter last year. And their defense isn't what it used to be, even when they get Von Miller back. They aren't going to be good at all until they get a good QB. Last place in that division.

Patriots over Buffalo is an odd choice, but it's only a tiny bit realistic if Mac Jones comes in and plays like a Belichickian elite pocket passer. Scam Newton sucks at this point in his career, straight up.

Miami is forever middling, Raiders the same but for different reasons, I know Zach Wilson is Mormon but the Jets...?! lol. The Jaguars have a much better rookie QB than the Jets, hate to break it to ya.
    Remember when I was telling you a year ahead of these ST bandwagoners that the Bills were for real?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Remember when I was telling you a year ahead of these ST bandwagoners that the Bills were for real?
    Buffalo had been middling for roughly the past decade though, the Jets have been downright cellar dwellers for a long time. you don't go from 1-16 to a winning season in 1 year. Sam Darnold, who is mediocre as it gets for a starting QB, to a rookie, any rookie, can't really be an upgrade in year 1.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Buffalo had been middling for roughly the past decade though, the Jets have been downright cellar dwellers for a long time. you don't go from 1-16 to a winning season in 1 year. Sam Darnold, who is mediocre as it gets for a starting QB, to a rookie, any rookie, can't really be an upgrade in year 1.
    It's hard to know how bad Darnold really was under Gase. Look at what happened to Tannehill after going from Gase to a new coach.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    That's where you're totally wrong. Sam Darnold is a pile of crap. Barring injury, Zach Wilson is a future HOF'er.

As for the Bills, I saw them on the up. They just hadn't developed consistency yet.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count

But just for fun:

AFC

1. Chiefs
    2. ans
    3. Patriots
    4. Steelers
    5. Broncos
    6. Bills
    7. Ravens or Jets

NFC

1. Bucs

Finishing the NFC:

1. Bucs
    2. Seahawks
    3. Packers
    4. Vikings
    5. Niners
    6. Saints
    7. Rams

I get that NFC East guaranteed a playoff spot. But not dignifying their sh** on this list.
    I'll call Washington Redskins winning the division though.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    I don't. I don't know why anyone is high on Pittsburgh... they showed their true selves in the back third of last year.
    Your Steeler hate getting the best of you. They win games.

No Sh** Show Cincy won't finish past them, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Denver? I don't believe they ever traded for Aaron Rodgers, did they?
    Their lack of QB is why I couldn't put them ahead of KC. But their athleticism jumps off the page.

Thread Information