Curry missed some threes
    Kyrie scored
    Praise the lord
    Warriors blew another lead
    Well done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine Dominos/Softridge on the same team. (Almost happened in college)
    They'd make the finals.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    They'd make the finals.
    They wouldn't even make the Final 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They wouldn't even make the Final 4.
    Bull . Kevin Durant and LMA on the same team? Are you saying Kawhi is better than KD?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Bull . Kevin Durant and LMA on the same team? Are you saying Kawhi is better than KD?
    They are both EPIC front-running chokers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'd make the finals.
    No, they wouldn't. Actually, it's hard to imagine the Spurs doing better than what they did last season (67 wins) and are doing this season (in pace to a very similar record) by switching Kawhi for any other SF. Even Durant or Lebron.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    No, they wouldn't. Actually, it's hard to imagine the Spurs doing better than what they did last season (67 wins) and are doing this season (in pace to a very similar record) by switching Kawhi for any other SF. Even Durant or Lebron.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    So now LeBron couldn't carry the Spurs to that many wins ?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y'all see the homerish I have to contend with here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now LeBron couldn't carry the Spurs to that many wins ?
    When did I say that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y'all see the homerish I have to contend with here?
    Trying to act like the sensible person.

Spurs aren't getting past the Warriors just by switching Durant for Kawhi, tbh. And it's very difficult to think they could improve much (if at all) over their franchise record setting wins of last season, tbh. You only need to look at the Warriors which, added Durant and, won't have as good as record as last season.

See how if you think the things with an ounce of gray matter, they make sense?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are people saying Aldridge is better than Westgod since dominos couldbnt carry Westgod to the finals ..in many seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are people saying Aldridge is better than Westgod since dominos couldbnt carry Westgod to the finals ..in many seasons.
    No son, but it's cool 'cause it's not homerism.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it funny that people are unaware that Dominos hasn't had a great playoff run since 2011-2012, tbh..his last 2 playoff runs were extremely underwhelming..I've been watching the NBA for almost 20 years and I've never seen a player receive as many free passes as he does, especially considering he's only been to the Finals once

Lebron, Kobe, Carmelo, Dwight Howard, Harden, Westbrook, McGrady, Vince Carter, etc..all these men got destroyed by fans and the media for underwhelming stretches during their careers, yet Dominos always gets a pass..the ONE TIME he received any criticism was the "Mr. Unreliable" piece in OKC that had to be removed the following day and forced an apology from the writer The only player on the same level, in that regard, is Chris Paul(at least he's been great in most of his runs, though)..

Even the media's beloved Steph Curry got bashed for his Finals choke

I mention this because Kawhi's flaw as a player has been his lack of dominance as a lead scorer in the playoffs, so far..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it strange that people are unaware that Dominos hasn't had a great playoff run since 2011-2012, tbh..his last 2 playoff runs were extremely underwhelming..

I mention this because Kawhi's flaw as a player has been his lack of dominance as a lead scorer in the playoffs, so far..
    Looking at what Russ doing with that hilariously ty supporting cast, especially the past 2 weeks (Oldapido out injured) should start rewriting the narrative about Westbrook holding back that team for years..Durant couldn't pull through having an MVP-caliber player next to him, something Kawhi probably won't have the luxury of for his entire career..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it funny that people are unaware that Dominos hasn't had a great playoff run since 2011-2012, tbh..his last 2 playoff runs were extremely underwhelming..I've been watching the NBA for almost 20 years and I've never seen a player receive as many free passes as he does, especially considering he's only been to the Finals once

Lebron, Kobe, Carmelo, Dwight Howard, Harden, Westbrook, McGrady, Vince Carter, etc..all these men got destroyed by fans and the media for underwhelming stretches during their careers, yet Dominos always gets a pass..the ONE TIME he received any criticism was the "Mr. Unreliable" piece in OKC that had to be removed the following day and forced an apology from the writer The only player on the same level, in that regard, is Chris Paul(at least he's been great in most of his runs, though)..

I couldn't agree more. I've never thought much of Durbeta and felt him joining the GSW was very revealing in how he saw himself. He knows he hasn't performed well in the playoffs and has been given a pass. If he does get the ring he's chasing it won't be thought of as much more than going to the jeweler and having one made. He looked for the easiest path possible to getting a ring- not so admirable.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

So true tbh. Even after his jump to GSW, media has been caping for him like I've never seen, even though what he did was 10x more 'ergregious' than what LeBron did (b2b MVP and best player in league joining a 1st round fodder team with 1 top 5 player and a top 20 player vs joining the b2b league MVP, b2b WC champs, won le in last 2 years, 3 top 15 players already there, 73 wins...)

I seriously think Dominos would've committed suicide if he got the amount of hate LeBron got in 2010.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And yet he won the MVP.

today's NBA

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    And yet he won the MVP.

today's NBA
    In yesterday's NBA, the biggest statistical playoff choke artist in NBA history (Karl Malone) won multiple MVPs, and other known chokers/stat-padders like Charles Barkley, DRob and KG all won MVP. A cancerous twelfth-option role player (Kobe) was even gifted an MVP.

Yesterday's NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In yesterday's NBA, the biggest statistical playoff choke artist in NBA history (Karl Malone) won multiple MVPs, and other known chokers/stat-padders like Charles Barkley, DRob and KG all won MVP. A cancerous twelfth-option role player (Kobe) was even gifted an MVP.

Yesterday's NBA
    KG and Kobe belongs more to today's NBA than yesterday's NBA.

The original premise was t about choking, it was about being a teflon man and getting away with it. Robinson and Barkley were both unjustifiably grilled for not bringing highly flawed teams to les against the refBulls, while Malone was too busy impregnating 12 year olds so you got a good one there.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

first its manu > dirk

now its kawhi > lebron

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

first its manu > dirk

now its kawhi > lebron

Don't forget about how Roddy Boobwah was a combination of Nash, Rose and Porker. I guess his Porker genes won out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

first its manu > dirk

now its kawhi > lebron

ive seen enough of him to know he isn't superstar material

I think he certainly has a place in the NBA, and will consistently be a solid role player, but that's about it. Nothing wrong with that though. I'd say more of a Shane Battier, Tony Allen type of player. Mostly defense, capable of putting up some points when his team needs him to, but not necessarily a scorer.
    Dumbass mother er.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dumbass mother er.
    I'd say it's actually quite interesting how spot on that analysis of him actually is. A defense first player, who can score some points, but isn't necessarily a scorer. He's good at hitting wide open shots/layups, and making buckets that are created for him. But creating his own offense, and for others against good defensive teams? Not so much.

I humbly accept your apology

Thread Information