Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless Donte says that Kawhi called him and said he'd re-up at a discount if the Spurs drafted him, I don't think so.
    Perfect! Haha!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That, and he sucks. People said Danny Green 2.0, and while Green's career has definitely been worth a high-first, he was drafted in the second for a reason.
    He doesn’t suck. He is a better prospect than Danny was and I’m being honest. His biggest concern is some don’t think he has a high ceiling like some of the other lottery guys.

And of course you’d compare him to Danny lmao

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree no more PG's or undersized SG's.
    That's right, we don't need another Alfredrick Hughes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop, it isn't racism

It's just the direction of the league, it's like saying players like Kendrick Perkins have been eradicated from basketball, that's the current climate of the league..

For white Americans to reacclimate themselves to the NBA, they need to continue breeding with us to create Klay Thompson types, it's the only way they'll get in on the action again..this isn't 1980..
    You are race baiting and you know what you are doing. It's equivalent to a white supremacist saying "Well Tyrone is an African american definitely a waste of a spot for Harvard to accept since most African Americans do poorly when it comes to academics. If African Americans want to have a better chance at these schools they should start mixing with white people ." Granted this guy Donte is looks to me to be a scrub but you bringing up his race was a racist remark . You think your clever but you are a racist. It's ok to admit you are a racist since we have plenty on both sides of the fence here on ST.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DiVincenzo is a solid Spurs-type player, but I think 18 is too high for him. There will be better players available with higher upside.

His skill-level is actually pretty solid, and he’s a pretty good athlete for a white guy (tied for the highest vertical at the combine at 42 inches, finished 5th in the lane agility drill, 11th in the shuttle-run, 9th in 3/4 court sprint, etc.). But it’s his size and length that worry me. He’s only 6’4 with shoes and has a 6’6 wingspan. Those are pretty poor for an NBA SG, unless your name is JJ Re .
    Solid scouting report, I believe he’s also one of the most NBA ready players. Biggest problem with NBA drafts is teams/people get obsessed with athleticism and potential yet ignoring their true basketball skills...

Spurs Fan In Milan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DiVincenzo is a baller. Look at what he did at the combine

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop, it isn't racism

It's just the direction of the league, it's like saying players like Kendrick Perkins have been eradicated from basketball, that's the current climate of the league..

For white Americans to reacclimate themselves to the NBA, they need to continue breeding with us to create Klay Thompson types, it's the only way they'll get in on the action again..this isn't 1980..

Bruh you’re a racist..but it’s nothing new....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one under 6'5 please.
    x1000

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn’t suck. He is a better prospect than Danny was and I’m being honest. His biggest concern is some don’t think he has a high ceiling like some of the other lottery guys.

And of course you’d compare him to Danny lmao
    Someone else compared him to Green. I'm not saying Donte is Danny. I doubt he'll be as good as Green was, even if he's a better prospect. What I am saying is that I want better than a guy whom people hope is a better Green at 18.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DiVincenzo is a baller. Look at what he did at the combine
    Eh if you’re not a true freshman you’ll get overlooked....

Donovan Mitc says hi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I know, its Jabari

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone else compared him to Green. I'm not saying Donte is Danny. I doubt he'll be as good as Green was, even if he's a better prospect. What I am saying is that I want better than a guy whom people hope is a better Green at 18.
    He’s a perfect Ginobili replacement..and eventually grow into your starter. I don’t think he has “superstar” potential but I do think he can contribute immediately and can bring creativity off the dribble unlike anything Spurs have right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s a perfect Ginobili replacement..and eventually grow into your starter. I don’t think he has “superstar” potential but I do think he can contribute immediately and can bring creativity off the dribble unlike anything Spurs have right now
    Yep. Nope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I know, its Jabari
    Would prefer that to Donte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop, it isn't racism

In that case it is outdated thinking. The progression to black players have been happening since the 70's. Its been heightened since 2000's for sure. As an american I hope our black athletes truly get the best chance they can have at education and an athletic career of their choice but to assume black americans should have an obscure edge over white americans is actually a step back for the future of basketball in america. This kind of thinking that associates NBA athletes with stereotypes is why we have less white athletes pursuing careers in the NBA which makes compe ion worse and might even be crippling black americans to think they deserve a spot or should call "racism" when a white athlete or another athlete makes it over them. **cough** Jeremy Lin is a perfect example. Dude is asian american and from Harvard yet outplayed Carmelo Anthony but the "black league" had him ostracized for his popularity over the others. I'm sure Spurs will do their due diligence and am glad they won't just go after the best "black athlete". ** I do know what your saying. You are saying things more in jest but still... this kind of stereotyping takes us all a step back on the human level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donte will be a bust. He's a second round pick at best.
    Racist.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair. I guess we will see what happens...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DiVencenzo is such overrated waste of an 18.

Guy looked good in the tourny coming off the bench for the best team with multiple NBA players and NBA system. That's it, nothing more.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would prefer that to Donte.
    i’m not a fan of donte but saying that is a little bit ridiculous. Nobody can say if this Guy will be a bust or not, plus there will not be a lot of options at 18 ( Walker, smith, knox, 2 bridges will probably not be there )

what’s your options : bates diop, Huerter or other ? Assuming no Walker, bridges, knox ......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i’m not a fan of donte but saying that is a little bit ridiculous. Nobody can say if this Guy will be a bust or not, plus there will not be a lot of options at 18 ( Walker, smith, knox, 2 bridges will probably not be there )

what’s your options : bates diop, Huerter or other ? Assuming no Walker, bridges, knox ......
    You make it sound like I said I'd rather trade 18 and Kawhi for Deng or something. I would totally be down with trade 18, whether it's up or down or for a player(s) than take Donte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I know, its Jabari
    Jabari Windhorst

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You make it sound like I said I'd rather trade 18 and Kawhi for Deng or something. I would totally be down with trade 18, whether it's up or down or for a player(s) than take Donte.
    I’m ok With that but at 18 what are you options without donte assuming all lottery picks projected are not there plus Walker r williams m bridges... ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep they are the best at stating the obvious. I don't think any of us would have to talk to a single source to report that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DiVencenzo is such overrated waste of an 18.

Guy looked good in the tourny coming off the bench for the best team with multiple NBA players and NBA system. That's it, nothing more.
    Pretty sure there’s only ONE player going ahead of him on his team..who he out played in the tourney btw. And yeah already having experience in NBA system should also kill his stock...lmao

Look if y’all wanna trash a player bring it with some legit reasons or scouting report not just because he “came off the bench”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m ok With that but at 18 what are you options without donte assuming all lottery picks projected are not there plus Walker r williams m bridges... ?
    I'd prefer Okogie, even at 18.

http://www.tankathon.com/players/com...o--josh-okogie

But yeah, KBD, M. Robinson, Simons or even Hutchison or Musa are higher on my list.

Thread Information