Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are Nuggets that good or has Clippers gagged?
    I would say both. A lot of people don't want to respect Jokic or acknowledge that he is a superstar because physically he looks like an average out of shape white guy. Jokic is legit that's why this series is going the distance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy . Jokic goes for 34/14/7. I'd love for Denver to win the whole thing-- that would be a great story.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Are Nuggets that good or has Clippers gagged?
    Nuggets aren’t really doing anything special besides playing zone & playing through Jokic who seemingly can’t miss in the 2nd half. Cripples basically opened the flood gates midway through the 3rd last game with Morris waking up Millsap, today Patrick Beverley put the Nuggets in the bonus by essentially fouling out in the 3rd quarter.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Nuggets aren’t really doing anything special besides playing zone & playing through Jokic who seemingly can’t miss in the 2nd half.
    why isn't kawhi eating the zone up? why isn't he defending joker or doing something to help limit him a bit?

if they arent doing anything special, and kawhi is the best player in the NBA, he shouldn't be such a non-factor in each of these games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zubac: +10 / 6MOY: -19
    They got back in the game because of harrell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great game! Love to see Denver take this Clippers team out. The Clips have no mojo or camaraderie, they just think because Kawhi is on their team it will come easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy . Jokic goes for 34/14/7. I'd love for Denver to win the whole thing-- that would be a great story.
    Nuggets do jack a lot of 3's, so game 7 will depend on that. The Joker is perhaps the most interesting player left in the playoffs. Dude's like a B-ball scientist.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    They got back in the game because of harrell
    Dude should be left in his hotel room for Gm 7.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Denver will have a chance to be the first team ever to come back from 1-3 twice.

I still think Clippers win game 7, though.
    I think kawhi goes god mode ... but not sure what kind of stones most of the roster has.
    I keep hearing the Clippers have more dawgs than everyone else but Celts Raptors Heat play that way not the Clipps.
    They play like that innercity AAU team that is just thrown together because of talent but when they meet a more experienced better coach team that has returning players they get exposed.

Veteran
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Harrell has actually been worse b/c he’s “guarding” Jokic
    True that and would you look at this .

https://twitter.com/jovanbuha/status...33973283401728

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers are a bunch of front-running dbags.

At the end of the day, they're a jump-shooting team, just one that plays great D. They get so easily thrown out of whack, and they don't have anybody who can attack the basket.

Kawhi is great at getting to his spots, but he's not that explosive and doesn't attack the rim as much anymore.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi has been here before. Game 7 against 76ers last year for example. So I pick Clippers in game 7. But I think they should be concerned about the Lakers next round.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    The entire Nuggets team have been here before... last round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The entire Nuggets team have been here before... last round.
    Yup, and as Jokic said, they should feel no pressure. Pressure is on the Clippers, because this would be a monumental collapse

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No leadership mercenaries. S bag should be getting destroyed for this, but he'll get a free pass and it'll mostly fall on Rivers.

They'll obviously win game 7, but the real takeaway is something else that'll fly under the radar: It's been a long time since a big has dominated an important playoff series and the two best ones since prime Duncan have done so in not only this round, but the 4 series each they've played in their respective careers.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Clippers are a bunch of front-running dbags.

At the end of the day, they're a jump-shooting team, just one that plays great D. They get so easily thrown out of whack, and they don't have anybody who can attack the basket.

Kawhi is great at getting to his spots, but he's not that explosive and doesn't attack the rim as much anymore.
    "Closer" Lemon Pepper Lou blew like 3 point blank layups (Harrell didn't do much better)

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    No leadership mercenaries. S bag should be getting destroyed for this, but he'll get a free pass and it'll mostly fall on Rivers.

They'll obviously win game 7, but the real takeaway is something else that'll fly under the radar: It's been a long time since a big has dominated an important playoff series and the two best ones since prime Duncan have done so in not only this round, but the 4 series each they've played in their respective careers.
    Hibbert would have put up Wilt numbers against Doc's love-child Harrell

Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 09-13-2020 at 04:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only team left in the playoffs who doesn't fit that description is the Lakers. Clips/Nugs will probably come down to who hit the most 3's & the same can be said of the Heat/Celtics. LOL, today's NBA.
    Lake Show could sweep the remaining games on the way to the le if they remember to attack the basket.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The only team left in the playoffs who doesn't fit that description is the Lakers. Clips/Nugs will probably come down to who hit the most 3's & the same can be said of the Heat/Celtics. LOL, today's NBA.
    Lake Show could sweep the remaining games on the way to the le if they remember to attack the basket.
    Kemba/Dragic are literally two of the best drive & kicks players in the league.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Only trash like the clippers and spurs go to 7 with this nuggets squad

Lakers would make light work of them and give them their trademark gentleman's sweep treatment.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

Lakers would make light work of them and give them their trademark gentleman's sweep treatment.
    Let's see how Kirby's hit list fares compared to Jokic/Murray:

-Aaron Brooks/Scola: https://www.basketball-reference.com...vs-lakers.html

-Ty Lawson/Faried: https://www.basketball-reference.com...vs-lakers.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

quoting for future reference

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Christ, you're dense Lakers and Nuggets are not the same teams from 8 years ago, are they?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    quoting for future reference
    3-1 Lakers in the regular season. Jokic is being guarded by midgets vs the clips

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hibbert would have put up Wilt numbers against Doc's love-child Harrell

That's nice. Harrell is playing less than 18 mpg in the series (how much less do you think a coach is going to play the 6th man of the year?), so that doesn't explain Jokic's dominance, nor does it in the 3 other series he's played in his career.

There's also politics at play in coaching because they're dealing with human beings, not machines. They're almost certainly winning no matter what, so play Harrell only non Jokic minutes and risk his checking out entirely. He already suffered a significant loss and is a big ego/volatile personality to begin with. This team also lacks leadership and chemistry.

Thread Information