My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    phil jackson! Pop is the best coach ever. With his unbelievable consistency in a small market city and his ability to make players and teams better than they really are he's gotta be the best. Also his coaching and gm tree around the league. All phil did was take over team with the nbas best player that were ready to win it all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop knows how to utilize talent, Jackson knows how to use stars.

I'm not sure if Pop would have ever won as many rings as Phil even if they switched places throughout their careers. Pop is determined to do things his way without giving a damn about what the players think, not to mention his hate for big egos. So would Pop deal with the y Jordan/Kobe, the locker-room hate between Shaq/Kobe, the trio of MJ/Pippen/Rodman? Well, the first thing he did as GM was trade Rodman... So there's that.

Phil knows how to work with stars, how to earn their respect on the floor while not getting involved in their personal decisions. Pop isn't that kind of player, he's "My way or the highway." I can't imagine Kobe/Shaq/MJ/Rodman/Pippen playing along to that.

With that said, Phil Jackson would shoot himself if he found out his best player was a 38yr old Tim Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And pop drinks wine! take that Phil big city jackson!

Backup Goddess, tbh. Gummi Clutch's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hear hear to that. Pop is amazing, the guy truly is one of the greatest tacticians to ever coach. PJ got MJ and then only coaches a team that was stacked with Shaq. Pop has been leading the winningest franchise with the big 3 in and out of the lineup constantly.

English get better yes POPownsJackson's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I is say this many time!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is this here?

Thread Information