Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should be running. But LMA and Gay are not much runners. Same as Forbes and White. I think Gay needs to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should be running. But LMA and Gay are not much runners. Same as Forbes and White. I think Gay, Forbes, LMA, Murray, Mills, Belli and DDR needs to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 points in 66 minutes between Forbes, White and Murray. These guys will all be bench players or out of the league within 3-5 years. Putting the future of this team on their backs is a recipe to become the Kings or Atlanta or Charlotte or worse. Trade them now and get players who are up to the task. This is not family and friends. The Spurs are in the business of winning. Right now business is bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    team is built like and there's no spacing for him to do anything. only a transcendent player like tim, kobe, kawhi etc can carry a team like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 points in 66 minutes between Forbes, White and Murray. These guys will all be bench players or out of the league within 3-5 years. Putting the future of this team on their backs is a recipe to become the Kings or Atlanta or Charlotte or worse. Trade them now and get players who are up to the task. This is not family and friends. The Spurs are in the business of winning. Right now business is bad.
    White's defense bought them two free possessions at the end, and is one of the few players who can affect the game with little or no scoring. He's also the best PG on the roster. He's absolutely a keeper.

I'll wait another year to see what maybe a different lineup and additional healing can do for DJM.

Buh BYE, Bryn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White's defense bought them two free possessions at the end, and is one of the few players who can affect the game with little or no scoring. He's also the best PG on the roster. He's absolutely a keeper.

I'll wait another year to see what maybe a different lineup and additional healing can do for DJM.

Buh BYE, Bryn.
    I'd wait until after your boy gives Forbes a fat new contract this summer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ anyone who thinks Formes isn't getting a new contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray looked fine to start the year then was completely reined in by Pop....

The first few games we saw Murray push the ball up the court and then he got relegated to half court player whose only job was to get the ball to Derozan or Lamarcus...and honestly he's just not very good in the half court. He's got low IQ and even his defense has suffered because of it...

Frankly, he'd benefit so much from playing alongside White but he's got literally the worst coach in sports behind him. Honestly, I'd rather the old man just play Derozan with Fatty and Forbes and let Murray/White/Lonnie play together off the bench. It's clear he's going to go down with the ship with Bryn so we might as well see what White and Murray would actually look like playing together with meaningful minutes...

Just sickening what the coaching staff has done to the young guys this season, absolutely sickening from a fan perspective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s probably time to move him to the two and see how he plays. That would mean Forbes would have to come off the bench though. Either way I’m fine with the contract he’s going to get better, I’m more concerned at what’s going to happen with Derrick. Outside of some good games from him he’s regressed since last year and he’s turning 26 this year. I really don’t see him turning the corner at this point unfortunately.

I also put some blame on Pop I feel like Murray, White, and Lonnie all have that fear if they up Pop is going to bench them and scold them which makes them play tight and timid and second guess themselves. With no LA last night how the does White and DJ have a combined 7 shot attempts in 44 minutes smh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray already plays SG. People really need to stop thinking guys are playing out of position. That's not why they're playing poorly. Murray has almost no off-dribble game right now. There's nowhere he could play that wouldn't be an issue. He has just developed very poorly amd wasn't nearly as good two years ago as people like to say.

And yes, I still do think the Spurs got a good deal on the contract. They still seem to value him highly on the court. Dunno about off it. He'd likely get a much better contract than the impossibly low $1.5 Million a year in the OP. He's been disappointing, but he hasn't been that bad, all things considered. At worst, he'd've gotten a prove-it deal for a few million given he's recovering from injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think so. Murray still shows flashes of becoming a very good player. He's young, He's coming back from ACL injury, plus the lineup changes and pre-Aldridge 3 point threat has made a lot of things more complicated. Murray will be a good player by next year and then possibly very good in year 2 of his contract.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    funny how most of u were sayin that resigning him was a steal couple months ago

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray already plays SG. People really need to stop thinking guys are playing out of position. That's not why they're playing poorly. Murray has almost no off-dribble game right now. There's nowhere he could play that wouldn't be an issue. He has just developed very poorly amd wasn't nearly as good two years ago as people like to say.

And yes, I still do think the Spurs got a good deal on the contract. They still seem to value him highly on the court. Dunno about off it. He'd likely get a much better contract than the impossibly low $1.5 Million a year in the OP. He's been disappointing, but he hasn't been that bad, all things considered. At worst, he'd've gotten a prove-it deal for a few million given he's recovering from injury.
    How do you feel about the Spurs potentially re-signing DeRozan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We didn't sign him too early at all. He will improve as the season goes on. The problem is that we have the wrong coach. I really hope the Spurs will hire D'Antoni once Houston "fires" him this year. Pop is retiring anyways at the end of the year. The style of play doesn't fit Murray at all and that's on the coach. He pairs Murray with the slowest guys on our team instead of pairing him with Lonnie and White and Mills.

It's no secret that Murray is a fast break point guard for now and yet Pop wants him to play slow and inbound the ball in the post to LMA. It's just stupid coaching tbh. I think the faster change of pace and a GM that doesn't criticize people for taking midrange shots (I blame Houston's fest on Morey than I do Mike) will help the younger players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. I still like the signing. He’s disappointed a little this season. More disappointed in White.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did the Spurs re-sign Murray a little too early?

Nah. It's five o'clock somewhere.

This team is in such disarray, with such mismatched pieces and bad rotations, I don't think you can assess any of the young guys accurately. I still remember how Murray played before. He may still be getting back to form, but this team makes pretty much everyone look bad. If the Spurs traded him for cheap, I'm pretty confident that a lot of people here would be ing about it by the middle of the next season.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too many in here were expecting too much from Murray. Acting like he was some type of huge difference maker and star player. I said he wasn't going to make much of a difference this year as compared to last year's team.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    team is built like and there's no spacing for him to do anything. only a transcendent player like tim, kobe, kawhi etc can carry a team like that.
    Last edited by rascal; 01-28-2020 at 11:05 PM. Reason: wrong info

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think in the long run it is going to help that he was allowed to get all this time this season but this season he's definitely hurt us at times. If it's any consolation Gordon Hayward is just now starting to look like a really good NBA player again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, maybe we've been viewing this wrong all along. Their plan (hope?) from the jump could have been that he becomes a secondary creator and that his spot up 3 develops enough that he can be a passable floor spacer, which would allow the defensive havoc he can wreak and rebounding to really play . . . which goes back to my notion that the goal should be a less versatile defensively (because of strength) Smart.

Hit that ceiling, he'll be an elite role player and the contract will be fine. Either fail miserably to or veer off in some other direction and it'll be a relative albatross.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From another post:

The more the season advances the more I understand Popovich handling of Walker's developement.

Don't skip steps. That's one of the mantras in San Antonio and we can see the meaning of the sentence observing Murray and White's performance this season.

I think Spurs expected too much from them both for this season but they're not ready to be the players the team needs now. They're still young so mistakes and some inconsistency are allowed but above all, they should be playing much better after 45 games. They are absolutely inconsistent yet.
    Everybody here blames Derozan because he's supossed to be our #1 player and it's true he hasn't delivered in the clutch but his overall performance is consistently good, the best in the team. What about Aldridge season? What about Murray and White? They've been even further from the level we expected from them.

I'd rather have Walker learning lessons through this season instead of having another case of Murray and White. Probably this way Lonnie becomes solid, which is mandatory before becoming great.

There is just one thing I admit as a valid excuse for Murray's case: he was told to be given the keys of the team as a PG but after a few games the deal was broken. Since then, I earrned the return to the starting line up but he never has been trusted as our PG in the clutch. He hasn't been given the chance of prooving himself for the role he was chosen. However, I can see where this mistrust has come from: he has been too insconsistent as PG in so many important moments in so many games. So I think this is 50% Pop's fault but 50% his fault.

Speaking of Pop, having dead weight Forbes next to them doesn't help Murray and White at all. That's 100% on Popovich.

I'm really dissapointed with Murray and White, I expected so much from both but I don't see them having an important role in a winning team. They might be not as good as we thought or their developement process has gone too fast
    Yeah, the team building wasn't optimal thinking on their developement. Our youngsters aren't surround by the ideal environment:
    - DeRozan, a responsible but not a winner #1 player/leader.
    - Aldridge, we all know his low impact low profile presence in the locker-room and the team plus his more inconsistent season ever.
    - Rudy Gay, another good guy but not the compe ivity model you want for your young players.
    - Mills, the solely veteran with the correct at ude but in a secondary role.
    - Belinelli, very far from being a reference by himself.
    - Carroll, out.
    - A bunch of more yung players.
    - AND the most unexperienced coaching staff in the last 20 years in San Antonio.

So we just have a bunch of youngsters and a team lacking positive references for them. Anyway, there are some other players able of growing and progressing into the league with not too much help so I don't feel so understanding.

I still have some faith in Murray, I'd give him 100% confidence and see what happens with him playing 30' and closing games as our true PG. Do it for 10 consecutive games and let's see what happens. I've already watched White playing PG in the clutch enough games and nah, that's not his role. Not yet at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop neutered him... First couple games of the season he looked legit... But those games he was playing like a first option... Since being neutered the guy has lost all confidence

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A resounding yes

Thread Information