Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think splitting DDR/KJ at 3 evenly 24/24 makes a lot of sense and gets both away from playing the 4.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much everyone would need to acquire him by a S&T except... Toronto, Charlotte, Miami, NY, and Dallas. If he goes to any of those we get nothing...or at most a TE if we are willing to give up a future 2nd.
    And a TE does little good if we operate under the cap as we’d have to renounce it to sign anyone. Though I guess they could sequence events to use space and keep Demar’s cap hold on the books (won’t have much space) and then S&T him. More likely they’re not using space if going this route.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Knicks have the expirings and cap space to easily absorb DDR. Does anyone think they'd give up Mitc Robinson and the Clippers' first for DDR. Some scenarios net a 15M TE (which may amount to nothing). It's not my ideal scenario, but Robinson is a fine reserve big, an extra pick is always great, and a sizeable trade exception could be useful if take on salary through other trades.

Also, I wonder if the Spurs could land a couple picks in the next 24 hrs so that they may send three or four picks with Aldridge to Toronto for Siakim without completing depleting future drafts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess nothing will happen other than LMA being bought out,
    Is it too late to tank now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess nothing will happen other than LMA being bought out,
    Is it too late to tank now?
    I think Spurs will get Al Horford or Kevin Love for LMA. I think they have other things in the works, but the other teams will do different trades. Probably Horford as OKC is loaded with draft picks to trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Spurs will get Al Horford or Kevin Love for LMA. I think they have other things in the works, but the other teams will do different trades. Probably Horford as OKC is loaded with draft picks to trade.
    Horford expires before the 23 FA class and can provide defense and spacing in the mean time

I’m not jumping all over it- but honestly I wouldn’t hate it.

Trading for love would be to make the money work and facilitate taking their draft pick. Cleveland is all but confirmed paying 20 mil+ for JA annually and is going to be paying the tax for a team that right now is 11 games under .500 with years left on loves deal and more paydays coming up.

Cleveland dumping payroll is more likely than some would think

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn Forbes has value in this league. He has a superior skill that he's using in Milwaukee. As a starter? Probably not.

Trey Lyles has no appreciable skills whatsoever. He was given his shot once LMA was removed from the rotation and utterly failed to make an impact. He wasn't even remotely as good, on offense or defense, as a guy from Croatia trying to find his place in the league.

Trey Lyles was on his way out of the league when the Spurs picked him up because of the Morris debacle. Lyles failed in Utah, he failed in Denver, two teams that value players of his 'skill set.'

Give me a break. Trey Lyles trying to request a trade or a new situation is absolutely laughable.
    Why did Pop praise him then? Do you listen or readjust game comments from the players and coaches. After every single game he played? Can't have it both ways. Either he made no.impact or played well.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did Pop praise him then? Do you listen or readjust game comments from the players and coaches. After every single game he played? Can't have it both ways. Either he made no.impact or played well.
    Because they were trying to get the best out of him? Clearly didnt work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love Al Horford, tbh. A consummate pro, he's still a nice positive on both sides of the ball, which LMA is definitely not. He'd instantly improve the PF position and provide strength on the court and locker room.

But I think OKC are sellers here. They'd want something for him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love Al Horford, tbh. A consummate pro, he's still a nice positive on both sides of the ball, which LMA is definitely not. He'd instantly improve the PF position and provide strength on the court and locker room.

But I think OKC are sellers here. They'd want something for him
    If they want to move him and his contract, they need to give at least a first. He has a massive contract and will take more than half of our cap space. I like him as a player but the contract kills any deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I realize you were just posting the clickbait from the proffeshional 'baiters......

It’s Bleacher Report so take it with a big ‘ol grain of salt, but yea.
    "The Spurs have 'made it clear' that DeMar DeRozan is available via trade, per JakeLFischer" spouts NBA Central and Fischer.
    Yet the articles contain not one iota of Spurs source commenting on Demar being available via trade.

'made it clear'

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horford's contact isn't very good. He's owed about 27 million a season for the next two years, turns 35 this season and is on the decline.

Still though, Horford and the Miami 1st the OKC will likely have of wouldn't be bad for LMA. OKC sheds his deal, Spurs get a pick and a decent big man upgrade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horford's contact isn't very good. He's owed about 27 million a season for the next two years, turns 35 this season and is on the decline.

Still though, Horford and the Miami 1st the OKC will likely have of wouldn't be bad for LMA. OKC sheds his deal, Spurs get a pick and a decent big man upgrade.
    Is Miami's first worth $54 million to you? I'd take on that kind of money to get Cleveland's first but not for a later mid first Miami pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horford as a player still has value despite being over paid.

But you're probably right that OKC should add more. Lord knows they have picks to sweeten the pot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Miami's first worth $54 million to you? I'd take on that kind of money to get Cleveland's first but not for a later mid first Miami pick.
    I think the Cavaliers have too many needs to attach a first - round pick (likely top 5) just to dump Kevin Love. Do they have any extra first-round picks acquired from other deals?

I seem to remember them gutting their draft assets during the last LeBron era. Not sure I'd like either guy with those ridiculous price tags attached even if both would proved a need (if Love can somehow return to form).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Exactly. A low end first rounder would be my expectation. Then OKC will take on another bad contract next season with LMA’s expiring contract off the books getting another draft pick to replace the one they gave up. OKC playing 3D chess.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably best to try to do a ST with DDR in the summer when draft order known. I like the idea of testing the waters now though, to get a sense of the teams interested.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no amount of Cap relief that would have Cleveland giving up that pick. That pick is arguably the most valuable piece in their entire franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cause Pop is an idiot who praises people for their character while ignoring how bad of a player they are

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I realize you were just posting the clickbait from the proffeshional 'baiters......

"The Spurs have 'made it clear' that DeMar DeRozan is available via trade, per JakeLFischer" spouts NBA Central and Fischer.
    Yet the articles contain not one iota of Spurs source commenting on Demar being available via trade.

'made it clear'
    I forgot that that's how NBA teams operate. They tell the press publicly who they are trying to trade. Makes sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Horford. I don't like Horford's contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Horford. I don't like Horford's contract.
    Yeah, right now at this moment his presence in the rotation would be a welcome addition but with LMA, I am snake bit about guys that age with that many years left. What if he drops off suddenly next season, then you are stuck with paying out a large amount to dead weight or having to buy it out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Spurs take negative value in trade ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no amount of Cap relief that would have Cleveland giving up that pick. That pick is arguably the most valuable piece in their entire franchise.
    True, but there's a reason the Cavs are stuck where they are so can't rule out them doing something stupid. Or maybe being cheap and slashing payroll to ensure they get luxury tax shares just like Sterling used to do. Still can't believe they couldn't even make the Finals with the first seven years of LeBron's career. Even the Knicks could have put enough of a team around him to win the conference.

EDIT: , duh, 2007 Finals
    Last edited by baseline bum; 03-24-2021 at 06:47 PM.

Thread Information