Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    I've always liked defensive first guys like Gobert. Unfortunately MN has always under valued draft picks. If healthy and Edwards takes the next step and KAT acknowledges he's a number 2. They would beat le contender. I don't think that happens though. This is Edwards team. Trading guys like Beas for Gobert means more shots for AE. In the end I think this will spotlight KATS shortcomings because it's always been if only he had another big to rebound and play defense. No excuses now.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Must be nice when teams don't have to pay a Laker tax. SMH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Must be nice when teams don't have to pay a Laker tax. SMH
    What good is a large cap space when you have Lebrick, AintDressed, and Westbrick to console you.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jazz should just trade Mitc and tank. But I'm glad they're not because we don't need more ty teams in the West trying to out tank the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow four first rounders? 3 unprotected?? Did I read that right?

Nut up or shut up year for KAT tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a re ed all-around trade for Minny tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow four first rounders? 3 unprotected?? Did I read that right?

Nut up or shut up year for KAT tbh.
    Fourth one is also only top 5 protected for 2029.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a re ed all-around trade for Minny tbh.
    Doesn't make two ATL picks, a swap in 2026 that probably won't mean since the Spurs will still be in the lottery, and likely two seconds in 2026 look like so much of a haul anymore does it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't make two ATL picks, a swap in 2026 that probably won't mean since the Spurs will still be in the lottery, and likely two seconds in 2026 look like so much of a haul anymore does it?
    said at the time the Spurs easily could've gotten a better package. That being said, KD announcing his trade request could've killed Murray's market anyway.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Fourth one is also only top 5 protected for 2029.
    Plus pick swap in 26 and this year's 22 overall pick.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Its said that two of those picks were in place instead of adding Jayden McDaniels. I'd find that believable. His ceiling is sky high. That being said the longer i think about it the more i'm ok with it. As much as I hate KAT, he is entering his prime. You have Black Jesus a few years away from entering his in Edwards. Gobert is still only 30 years old. You don't add some pieces you'll end up wasting it away like the blazers have done with Lillard. And i'm a big Dame fan. I get it. I'd still love to entertain the thought of trading KAT although that won't happen until a blow up. The NBA is a broken system. Players love to play in warm climates, income tax free states, or big time stages like NY or LA. You gotta go all in the rest of the area because your window is short. No free agency, players dictating where they get traded, refusal to play or even disruptive play.

Broken system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its said that two of those picks were in place instead of adding Jayden McDaniels. I'd find that believable. His ceiling is sky high. That being said the longer i think about it the more i'm ok with it. As much as I hate KAT, he is entering his prime. You have Black Jesus a few years away from entering his in Edwards. Gobert is still only 30 years old. You don't add some pieces you'll end up wasting it away like the blazers have done with Lillard. And i'm a big Dame fan. I get it. I'd still love to entertain the thought of trading KAT although that won't happen until a blow up. The NBA is a broken system. Players love to play in warm climates, income tax free states, or big time stages like NY or LA. You gotta go all in the rest of the area because your window is short. No free agency, players dictating where they get traded, refusal to play or even disruptive play.

Broken system.
    Hope it works out for you guys, I'm a big Edwards fan.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy Gobert >> Dejounte Murray. The Wolves overpaid sure, but there's no way Dejounte is worth what Gobert got. Gobert has had the Jazz winning 50-60 games and winning playoff series while Murray was leading the Spurs to 34 wins.

Plus Gobert had 2 extra years on his deal. Atlanta likely only gets Murray for two seasons.

Given the above, Gobert is easily worth an extra unprotected pick over Murray, probably two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy Gobert >> Dejounte Murray. The Wolves overpaid sure, but there's no way Dejounte is worth what Gobert got. Gobert has had the Jazz winning 50-60 games and winning playoff series while Murray was leading the Spurs to 34 wins.

Plus Gobert had 2 extra years on his deal. Atlanta likely only gets Murray for two seasons.

Given the above, Gobert is easily worth an extra unprotected pick over Murray, probably two.
    Hence why they got two extra firsts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't hate the trade from a Wolves perspective either tbh. Its a lot, but the KAT-Edwards 1-2 punch was not leading the Wolves anywhere past the 2nd round. Both have too many deficiencies defensively and with playmaking.

Gobert-Towns-McDaniels-Edwards-Russell is pretty good on both ends provided McDaniels can cover the other teams best perimeter player effectively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hence why they got two extra firsts.
    Yep exactly. My comment was in response to quite a few Spurs fans who are now saying Spurs didn't get the right value for Murray based on Gobert getting 2 extra picks. Market was right for both players imo with the Wolves maybe overpaying slightly more above above actual value vs what the Hawks did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep exactly. My comment was in response to quite a few Spurs fans who are now saying Spurs didn't get the right value for Murray based on Gobert getting 2 extra picks. Market was right for both players imo with the Wolves maybe overpaying slightly more above above actual value vs what the Hawks did.
    Just not buying the hype they're trying to sell upstairs that it was some amazing trade for the Spurs. Spurs lost the trade, but oh well they didn't want to pay him so no reason not to do it then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just not buying the hype they're trying to sell upstairs that it was some amazing trade for the Spurs. Spurs lost the trade, but oh well they didn't want to pay him so no reason not to do it then.
    Impossible to say imo. Depends on two things. What Dejounte does in two years when his contract is up and what happens to the Hawks in 2025-2027 where the two picks and pick swap fall.

Could easily see a scenario where the Hawks lose in the 1st or 2nd round the next two seasons in the playoffs (Bucks, Celtics, Philly, Miami and maybe Toronto are all still better than Atlanta imo) and Murray signs a max or close to max deal elsewhere. Could also see Trae Young wanting out in two years if he realises he needs to play with a superstar to be a legit contender.

But I'm a bit bias, I like the trade and wanted the Spurs to trade Murray for picks once I heard the rumours.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Amazing?! No. But not the horrible deal some think it is.
    I think it’s fair unless DJ takes a leap a big one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing?! No. But not the horrible deal some think it is.
    I think it’s fair unless DJ takes a leap a big one.
    Meh it's two firsts, a pick swap that probably won't be used because the Spurs will still be ty in 2026 unless they get the #1 pick next year, and a pick from Charlotte so heavily protected it has a great shot at becoming two seconds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could go through a lot of 1st round picks and not get anyone nearly as decent as Gobert. Why do people think 1st round picks are so great? I get they are better than 2nd round picks mostly, but the players that make the difference are either 1st overall or diamonds in the rough and there aren't that many diamonds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best part is that the spurs will suck this year and likely the next few years and get higher picks. That’s part of trading DJ away as well.

Instead of getting a #9 pick the spurs will pick in the top five. That’s the difference between a sochan and a Ivey or even banchero. Ie tank.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Timberwolves had 4-1st Round picks after the KG trade and spent 3 of them on Point Guards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timberwolves had 4-1st Round picks after the KG trade and spent 3 of them on Point Guards
    Johnny Flynn over Steph Curry will never stop being funny

Thread Information