Page 87 of 134 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 3333
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the NCAAs this March teams wore down Chet by putting bodies on him constantly. Basically body blows to the lower trunk all game on him and that was that.

Will be interested to see how or if he adjusts when the NBA regular season starts.
    I have to admit that Chet can shoot & he can certainly block/alter shots, but can he take a pounding from big centers or power forwards ? I wouldn't bet the farm on that.

Can you imagine Karl Malone vs. Chet. Now that would be fun to watch. Chet would be shooting 3's all night long but one good elbow or bump from Karl and Chet would have something broken. Not sure he lasts the whole season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...25333430743040
    https://theathletic.com/3422434/2022...l-knicks-jazz/
    The Jazz and Knicks have started discussions on a Donovan Mitc trade, sources tell me and @Tjonesonthenba. New York has Utah’s focus currently, among interested teams.
    Saw that coming a mile away

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to admit that Chet can shoot & he can certainly block/alter shots, but can he take a pounding from big centers or power forwards ? I wouldn't bet the farm on that.

Can you imagine Karl Malone vs. Chet. Now that would be fun to watch. Chet would be shooting 3's all night long but one good elbow or bump from Karl and Chet would have something broken. Not sure he lasts the whole season
    Chet doesn’t need to do that. No one plays through the post anymore (except for maybe Embiid, but no one’s stopping Embiid anyway). This isn’t the ultra physical NBA anymore. Chet can survive (probably excel) just fine as a help defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet doesn’t need to do that. No one plays through the post anymore (except for maybe Embiid, but no one’s stopping Embiid anyway). This isn’t the ultra physical NBA anymore. Chet can survive (probably excel) just fine as a help defender.
    The point is that Presti has failed to get any good post defenders, making Chet the post defender. I don't see Robinson-Earle or anyone else able to guard Jokic or Embiid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Of course he can't take a pounding, he's like only 150 lbs. But he's going to do everything asked of him, including eating, drinking, working out, etc and he's going to gain weight while becoming even better at what he does. Don't think we would have passed on him because he isn't already 250 lbs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point is that Presti has failed to get any good post defenders, making Chet the post defender. I don't see Robinson-Earle or anyone else able to guard Jokic or Embiid.
    He will play only 2 games a year against Embiid

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, it’s been NYK’s wet dream for some time but wow what a tiny backcourt that’d be.

Could see us being a dumping ground for Fournier and/or Rose which are the natural fits to match Mitc ’s 30M salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, it’s been NYK’s wet dream for some time but wow what a tiny backcourt that’d be.

Could see us being a dumping ground for Fournier and/or Rose which are the natural fits to match Mitc ’s 30M salary.
    Boy I hate this rebuilding That cap space could easily be Simmons instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boy I hate this rebuilding That cap space could easily be Simmons instead.
    Unfortunately, that’s counter productive to a rebuild. It would be different if he were a #1 option, but he’s not.

Players OUT, picks IN.

Players IN, picks IN. (Cap space rental).

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So? They’re not trying to compete for a championship. They’re a rebuilding team gathering assets. No one in their right mind is spending a lottery pick on a post defender

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So? They’re not trying to compete for a championship. They’re a rebuilding team gathering assets. No one in their right mind is spending a lottery pick on a post defender
    I missed the part where he's acquired any size whatsoever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I missed the part where he's acquired any size whatsoever.
    Still a lottery team. Still not competing. Still not constructing a team. They’re swinging for the fences, over and over, looking to find a super star. When they find one, then they will start acquiring the pieces needed to put a complete well rounded team on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First domino falls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs cap space just became more valuable

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First domino falls.

Jak to the Suns for the Saric expiring plus a 2024 1st round pick top 5 protected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jak to the Suns for the Saric expiring plus a 2024 1st round pick top 5 protected.
    Not enough. That pick is 2 years away and likely in the mid 20s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs cap space just became more valuable
    No. There can be no trade with Indiana until next summer now. PHO has only two options now: match, or let him walk. Our capspace is neither more nor less valuable because of this transaction. PHO can still trade him to one of 27 teams in December. I’m assuming we’re not interested, because we had the assets, and didn’t pull the trigger.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not enough. That pick is 2 years away and likely in the mid 20s.
    Paul could easily fall off by then making that pick pretty sweet. Its a boom bust deal for both teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. There can be no trade with Indiana until next summer now. PHO has only two options now: match, or let him walk. Our capspace is neither more nor less valuable because of this transaction. PHO can still trade him to one of 27 teams in December. I’m assuming we’re not interested, because we had the assets, and didn’t pull the trigger.
    That's not what I meant, but that there is ONE LESS team with available cap space for any OTHER transaction, should anyone need it. Less teams offering cap space, more valuable it becomes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul could easily fall off by then making that pick pretty sweet. Its a boom bust deal for both teams.
    Even so, they're far from a lottery team. They're the ones in a tough spot, the Spurs can wait for a better offer, extend Poeltl, wait until the trade deadline... no need to hurry.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even so, they're far from a lottery team. They're the ones in a tough spot, the Spurs can wait for a better offer, extend Poeltl, wait until the trade deadline... no need to hurry.
    They just lost Ayton and if Paul falls off that pick could easily be pretty high. Spurs would probably want the pick to be unprotected which the Suns just might do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good that Phoenix can't do a trade using Ayton nor take Turner back easily. Bad that Turner is certainly available now to compete with Poeltl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good that Phoenix can't do a trade using Ayton nor take Turner back easily. Bad that Turner is certainly available now to compete with Poeltl.
    I saw somewhere that the offer sheet isn’t official until midnight tonight so they could agree to sign & trade in the next few hours. But with this dragging out so long I’m sure they had conversations and the pacers/Ayton were probably ready to move on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, but I think he's the last viable alternative to Poeltl. Even if he's before Jakob in the pecking order, once he's gone (because he went to some team) Jakob becomes the next most valuable center for any team looking for an upgrade, IMO. And I doubt Phoenix would like to deal with Indiana, if they lose Ayton to them. So Toronto, Chicago, Phoenix, whomever still needs a center (or any opening due to injury) should generate demand for Poetl, which so far seems to only be opportunistic (only if the price is low).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They just lost Ayton and if Paul falls off that pick could easily be pretty high. Spurs would probably want the pick to be unprotected which the Suns just might do.
    They have 48 hours to match and are expected to.

Thread Information