Page 101 of 134 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3333
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge also led the 2011 Blazers when Roy was out most of the year. His second best teammate was like Wes Matthews or Andre Miller. I've criticized LMA a lot, but it's not like he was carried on every single year his team was successful.
    He also dragged the Kawhi holdout team to the playoffs. That might have been his greatest accomplishment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy claiming Aldridge was better than Davis has the audacity to call someone else a "dumbass". Some of you people are so ignorant it's unbelievable. Go to virtually any basketball forum on the internet (social media, message board, whatever), particularly non Spurs centric ones, say something that stupid and see what the response will be.

Holiday has made one All-Star team in his career, in '13 as 76er. The teams with him and the others you named were, as I said, perennially decimated by injury, in a loaded conference no less.

At comparing those players to the likes of Roy, Lillard, S bag. Only Cousins had a similar talent level, but came with baggage and played a whole 65 games for them.
    Do you ever get tired of using that emoji?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy claiming Aldridge was better than Davis has the audacity to call someone else a "dumbass". Some of you people are so ignorant it's unbelievable. Go to virtually any basketball forum on the internet (social media, message board, whatever), particularly non Spurs centric ones, say something that stupid and see what the response will be.

Holiday has made one All-Star team in his career, in '13 as 76er. The teams with him and the others you named were, as I said, perennially decimated by injury, in a loaded conference no less.

At comparing those players to the likes of Roy, Lillard, S bag. Only Cousins had a similar talent level, but came with baggage and played a whole 65 games for them.
    none of those players you mentioned were on the 18 and 19 Spurs and as the poster before me said he dragged the Blazers to the playoffs when Roy was out. Where‘s your evidence that AD was better?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you ever get tired of using that emoji?
    Not when I see outrageous comments like "Brown is a borderline superstar".

none of those players you mentioned were on the 18 and 19 Spurs and as the poster before me said he dragged the Blazers to the playoffs when Roy was out. Where‘s your evidence that AD was better?
    We're 2 years removed from Davis being the difference between a team that was a borderline playoff team (non the previous season, but James did miss 27 games) winning a championship, while being the best player in the playoffs. Aldridge could have never done that.

My evidence is a combination of my eyes, knowledge of the game, advanced stats and consensus opinion. I was one of the few non Aldridge haters on this board, but this is a non debate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AD is clearly a better player than LMA he's just made of glass which negates a lot of his on court value. But his 2020 run was miles better than anything LMA ever did. Can you imagine if we had Nephew and AD instead of LMA? Probably would have won a le in 2016 and 2017 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AD is clearly a better player than LMA he's just made of glass which negates a lot of his on court value. But his 2020 run was miles better than anything LMA ever did. Can you imagine if we had Nephew and AD instead of LMA? Probably would have won a le in 2016 and 2017 tbh
    He was better in a vacuum. And I don't see how the bubble was a playoff run. He got months off rest before the bubble. That's not a playoff run, that's just a stretch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was better in a vacuum. And I don't see how the bubble was a playoff run. He got months off rest before the bubble. That's not a playoff run, that's just a stretch.
    Not saying the bubble doesn't deserve an asterisk but it doesn't negate the fact that he was playing at a level above LMAs best that season

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So did everyone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s kind of ironic is Adam Sandler has been living in Yorkville an upscale downtown neighbourhood in TO all summer. Probs filming a movie.
    Yorkville is in Upper East Side tbh, used to live there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yorkville is in Upper East Side tbh, used to live there
    haha it’s all the same overrated .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte liked this tweet. Sounds like he is calling ownership the problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

we have no ownership

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ still asshurt and being passive aggressive on social media is there any doubt spurs told him they were gonna pay him 42M at this point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ still asshurt and being passive aggressive on social media is there any doubt spurs told him they were gonna pay him 42M at this point
    Agree. He was acting butthurt because he was probably told he wouldn’t get offered the max, and that Spurs are being cheap. Spurs are rebuilding, just not around him .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure LMA still hasn't bothered to even re-sign with the Nets yet. Can't blame him. I'd wait 'til they work out the KD nonsense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a real risk the new ownership group is going to try to cut costs as much as possible, especially while the team is tanking. We might see some real penny-pinching . The signs are certainly there. This is why I freaked out so much about the Chriss trade a while ago. It's a sign the ownership might be looking to sacrifice investment in their product for short-term gains, which is basically the MO of hedge funds and a lot of VC firms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So did everyone else.
    Yes, and that benefits some players more than others, especially ones that are injury prone and can't get through an 82 game season. Also, there were reports that Lakers were training together while other teams were in lock downs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. He was acting butthurt because he was probably told he wouldn’t get offered the max, and that Spurs are being cheap. Spurs are rebuilding, just not around him .
    Not paying DJ does not make the Spurs cheap, it makes them smart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a real risk the new ownership group is going to try to cut costs as much as possible, especially while the team is tanking. We might see some real penny-pinching . The signs are certainly there. This is why I freaked out so much about the Chriss trade a while ago. It's a sign the ownership might be looking to sacrifice investment in their product for short-term gains, which is basically the MO of hedge funds and a lot of VC firms.
    An investor, even a hedge fund guy, who buys a piece of a consortium owned team doesn’t set the agenda or call the shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An investor, even a hedge fund guy, who buys a piece of a consortium owned team doesn’t set the agenda or call the shots.
    I mean they do. They don't get to override the wishes of the principle owners, but they certainly get a say in return for the "cash" they're providing for the rest of the owners. Moreover, you're assuming that the previous ownership coalition would be against the proposed changes, and I don't believe that at all. I believe they made this stake available to purchase in the first place because they were looking for a different model on how to run the business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not saying the bubble doesn't deserve an asterisk but it doesn't negate the fact that he was playing at a level above LMAs best that season
    I can grant you that. But it was one season. KG and Dirk had better one off seasons than TD, heck Dirk carry in 2011 was the greatest carry i've seen, better than 03, and KG DPOY in 07 I think was epic too. There was always an argument if KG had had TP and Manu, would he have won more les? I say, no, clearly no, and I wouldn't consider putting Dirk and KG above TD. AD hadn't one a playoff series, and he joined the best player in the NBA until he finally did. Props to AD finally rising to the occasion, in front of empty stadiums. Since then, has the lakers won a series?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well…. The one who writes the paychecks for “other coaches” is Pop, the POBO.

So no, it doesn’t really sound like he’s talking about ownership.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a real risk the new ownership group is going to try to cut costs as much as possible, especially while the team is tanking. We might see some real penny-pinching . …

You think this is cost cutting?

https://www.ksat.com/sports/2021/08/...n-far-nw-side/

Now go ahead and blather “yeah but” all you want. Feel free.

The signs are certainly there. This is why I freaked out so much about the Chriss trade a while ago. …

No, the signs are not there.

The reason you freaked out about the Chriss trade is because there are times you get carried away for no sane reason.

Do you really - really - think Pop made a conference call to the team owners to find out if he was allowed to get some free money for the team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember LMA almost single handedly took the Spurs out the year before he came over. He was a beast in that series. AD has a higher ceiling but what's the use of it if he can't stay healthy. Also, AD only won a ring with the best player on the planet. I doubt he wins for us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, and that benefits some players more than others, especially ones that are injury prone and can't get through an 82 game season. Also, there were reports that Lakers were training together while other teams were in lock downs.
    No one can determine or decipher the former and the latter is mere speculation.

S bag rested for 95 games between '17-'19, then tanked his value culmination in an iterating of a team being formed that otherwise wouldn't have been and topped it off by barely beating a decimated Warriors team in the Finals, but somehow he's above reproach.

AD hadn't one a playoff series, and he joined the best player in the NBA until he finally did. Props to AD finally rising to the occasion, in front of empty stadiums. Since then, has the lakers won a series?
    Results without context and not true. The Pelicans swept the Trail Blazers in '18 in what was thought to be a 50/50 series. His only two other playoff series as a Pelican came vs the Warriors, one of which was the Durant version.

Spurs fans like to pick and choose when context applies. When it's Robinson, suddenly there's viable reasons for the relative lack of playoff success pre Duncan.

James was also in decline by '20 and it was Davis who was their best player in the playoffs, as they combined to carry an otherwise underwhelming team to the championship.

Thread Information