Page 146 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 4042
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're short that 1 in Miami for eternity. They'd strung the ropes & were selling your .

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Seriously, what did that feel like when you lost that one in Miami after you'd won it?

I've always confessed my miseries freely. So, tell it, Ister. Testify!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We're into August. Bron hasnt signed his max extension and Kyrie still in Brooklyn. Now we are getting different rumors:

When it becomes clear Kyrie not coming, I'd jump on this deal.

Russ: out
    In: Pat Bev , Jordan Clarkson, (Bogs or Malik Beasley). If they throw in THT, they could get Cam Redish too.

Not the deal I wanted (Killa Kyrie), but I'd much rather the above rather than bring back Russ.

Cam is my pet cat since Duke. Got a lot in his bag but he is very inconsistent. But hey he's only 22. Would rather him than THT tho.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We're into August. Bron hasnt signed his max extension and Kyrie still in Brooklyn. Now we are getting different rumors:

When it becomes clear Kyrie not coming, I'd jump on this deal.

Russ: out
    In: Pat Bev , Jordan Clarkson, (Bogs or Malik Beasley). If they throw in THT, they could get Cam Redish too.

Not the deal I wanted (Killa Kyrie), but I'd much rather the above rather than bring back Russ.

Cam is my pet cat since Duke. Got a lot in his bag but he is very inconsistent. But hey he's only 22. Would rather him than THT tho.
    Beverly's an asshole and will do nothing but around with LeBron to both their detriment.

I have no problem giving Westbrook another go. There is nothing in that deal that's any better, just worse.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Beverly's an asshole and will do nothing but around with LeBron to both their detriment.

I have no problem giving Westbrook another go. There is nothing in that deal that's any better, just worse.
    Well, agree to disagree. Although I see your point, I loathe having Westbrook on the Lakers. He was an absolutely horrible fit, yet he still thinks he's 2014 Westbrook. Can't shoot. Can't defend. Waning athleticism. Lost a step. Maybe he can be bought out?

I'm probably the most optimistic Lakers fan on this board. I once cheered on Rodman, GP and the Mailman. But Russ? I want him gone yesterday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, agree to disagree. Although I see your point, I loathe having Westbrook on the Lakers. He was an absolutely horrible fit, yet he still thinks he's 2014 Westbrook. Can't shoot. Can't defend. Waning athleticism. Lost a step. Maybe he can be bought out?

I'm probably the most optimistic Lakers fan on this board. I once cheered on Rodman, GP and the Mailman. But Russ? I want him gone yesterday.
    You support the friend of a dictator and a child rapist but when a player make the lakers stink you can’t stand him? You certainly have your priorities straight.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You support the friend of a dictator and a child rapist but when a player make the lakers stink you can’t stand him? You certainly have your priorities straight.
    Your ass is so tight, amb, a 20-mule team couldn't pull a straight pin out of it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I was young

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Your ass is so tight, amb, a 20-mule team couldn't pull a straight pin out of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You like to repeat your schtick a lot. Guess that repeating means something now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reading the three ring circus now. Reading all the way up to the rape chapter. Will tell you how it comes down after I have time to go through it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You like to repeat your schtick a lot. Guess that repeating means something now?
    No, I just like repeating my schtick a lot. Always have.

It's my religion.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thought I was done with lakers do entary/series after the Magic controlled narrative but this Hulu doc directed by Antoine Fuqua is great. Crazy how 84 and 85 still resonate with me, Flea, Robb Lowe and of course Riles, Magic, Cooper, Rambis etc.

Loved the Shaqobe Lakers especially since I was still playing compe ive (relative) and coaching AAU in the early 2000s.
    But the childhood memories of the heartbreak of 84 and the redemption of 85 resonates so much more.

Btw validities winning time in spots
    Two episodes in we got a Buss West clash over ego
    The jealousy between kareem and Magic over his contract and Buss relationship called out
    And they have set up the Buss children future battles quite well
    Just mild mentions of Buss whoring and lack of parenting and very little on Magic doing the same but that is to be expected

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hulu doc directed by Antoine Fuqua is great.
    Did ics propaganda piece already come and go? Didn't notice.

Wow props to Jeannie for putting some of the Buss West clash along with Kream and Magic.
    And she's going to put out a little on the battles with siblings? Wow. Perhaps her Hollywood PR agents etc have coached her it's better she get out ahead. Altho she dropped the ball in not beating Winnin Time to production.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Looks like no Killa to LA. Time to pivot to Myles Turner trade package.

Start Nunn. Sign Pat Bev (buyout).

Trade THT to Utah for Boggs (Jazz are tanking).

Nunn / Pat Bev
    Buddy / Lonnie Walker
    Bron / Boggs
    AD / Stanimal
    MT / Bryant

Shrugs 🤷🏾

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We got Pat Bev snitches!

While the Sp*rs tank for French Chet 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got Pat Bev snitches!

he's gonna fit right in

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    he's gonna fit right in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got Pat Bev snitches!

Funny thing was that the press was praising the lakers for going young all summer and how they are making all the right moves, then all of a sudden they traded two young players for a washed up never been and is somehow a great trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another stupid move by Fakers FO (aka James) throwing away a potential young star with great upside for Jazz trash. Nothing to see here

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...zz-sources-say

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Lakers show is gonna be very entertaining

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Funny thing was that the press was praising the lakers for going young all summer and how they are making all the right moves, then all of a sudden they traded two young players for a washed up never been and is somehow a great trade.
    Good points. Counterpoints:

Lonnie Walker** makes THT expendable. THT most likely will improve in Utah with consistent minutes and being out of the limelight. But, Pat Bev helps the Lakers now more so than THT.

Pat Bev not only helps our putrid point of attack perimeter defense in the interim, he's an expiring deal, and is insurance for when Russ is traded:

If this ^ is correct, other moves are on the way. I'd like to have a deal with Indy. Starting lineup:

Nunn or Pat Bev
    Buddy
    Bron
    AD
    Myles Turner

Lakers dominated the paint in 2020. Myles and AD would lock the paint down. Myles is a threat from 3 (unlike Dwert or JaVelle) and was amongst the league leaders in swats just last season. And Buddy's shooting provides spacing.

Let's see what Rob does.

**many Laker fans believe Lonnie will show marked improvement now that he's outta Pop's system. I hope they're correct.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good points. Counterpoints:

Lonnie Walker** makes THT expendable. THT most likely will improve in Utah with consistent minutes and being out of the limelight. But, Pat Bev helps the Lakers now more so than THT.

Pat Bev not only helps our putrid point of attack perimeter defense in the interim, he's an expiring deal, and is insurance for when Russ is traded:

If this ^ is correct, other moves are on the way. I'd like to have a deal with Indy. Starting lineup:

Nunn or Pat Bev
    Buddy
    Bron
    AD
    Myles Turner

Lakers dominated the paint in 2020. Myles and AD would lock the paint down. Myles is a threat from 3 (unlike Dwert or JaVelle) and was amongst the league leaders in swats just last season. And Buddy's shooting provides spacing.

Let's see what Rob does.

**many Laker fans believe Lonnie will show marked improvement now that he's outta Pop's system. I hope they're correct.
    Why the would the pacers trade Myles for westbrick? Westbrick has negative trade value and the lakers do not have any picks to trade away. The pacers are better off letting Myles rot on the bench than to have westbrick on their roster. The lakers would have to have at least three unprotected first round picks along with westbrick to get someone of turners capabilities. And you guys just don’t have that. THT would be a good trade for a heavily protected first (say top 20 and that would be a stretch) or a second round pick but you guys don’t even have that anymore. The only way is for the lakers to count on the press to pressure teams to trade their assets for the lakers trash line they did with unibrow and mvpau.

Beverly was overrated when he was in his prime. He’s now average on defense, horrible on offence and has no intangibles. I can see him clashing with Lebron constantly with leGM demanding him be traded. He’s like a less talented westbrick with less accolades and a smaller salary.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why the would the pacers trade Myles for westbrick? Westbrick has negative trade value and the lakers do not have any picks to trade away. The pacers are better off letting Myles rot on the bench than to have westbrick on their roster. The lakers would have to have at least three unprotected first round picks along with westbrick to get someone of turners capabilities. And you guys just don’t have that.
    2008 Kwame Brown expiring $9M contract netted MVPau. You mean to tell me Russ (18/7/7), his expiring $47M deal, and the immediate 2023 cap relief it provides is not valuable? If you believe that, it's your Laker hatred blinding you.

THT would be a good trade for a heavily protected first (say top 20 and that would be a stretch) or a second round pick but you guys don’t even have that anymore.
    No way is THT worth a first. If that were the case the Lakers likely go another direction rather than Pat Bev.

The only way is for the lakers to count on the press to pressure teams to trade their assets for the lakers trash line they did with unibrow and mvpau.
    Nah, even though the Lakers have the poorest majority owner in the NBA, and many small market teams have richer owners, the fact that these ultra rich owners continue to buy teams and then they hire inept front offices. They get a high lotto pick, fail to put competent players around him, lose, franchise player gets mad, then he forces his way to a large market team (like my Lakers ).

Draft was overrated when he was in his prime. He’s now average on defense, horrible on offence and has no intangibles. I can see him clashing with Lebron constantly with leGM demanding him be traded. He’s like a less talented westbrick with less accolades and a smaller salary.
    We'll have to see son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2008 Kwame Brown expiring $9M contract netted MVPau. You mean to tell me Russ (18/7/7), his expiring $47M deal, and the immediate 2023 cap relief it provides is not valuable? If you believe that, it's your Laker hatred blinding you.
    The issue is that Russ is getting paid $47M, even in today's day and age, that is an incredible amount of money. Teams are not willing to get a pick for spending $47M. As for MVPau, we all know there was a mole with the Grizzlies.

No way is THT worth a first. If that were the case the Lakers likely go another direction rather than Pat Bev.
    That's why it was top 20 protected and a stretch at that. Glad you acknowledge that Pat Beverley isn't even worth a top 20 protected pick though.

Nah, even though the Lakers have the poorest majority owner in the NBA, and many small market teams have richer owners, the fact that these ultra rich owners continue to buy teams and then they hire inept front offices. They get a high lotto pick, fail to put competent players around him, lose, franchise player gets mad, then he forces his way to a large market team (like my Lakers ).
    It's nothing to do with them being incompetent, it has to do with:
    1) players didn't get the nightlife they get in larger markets, like LA, Miami or NY
    2) players don't like the weather (Portland, Minnesota, Milwaukee, Detroit, OKC, etc ...)
    3) The press continuously put out these trade scenarios and heavily push for them. As much as we hate to admit it, small market teams rely on the press to get them coverage and good graces.

We'll have to see son.
    Let's see. He is 33 going on 34, his FG% and 3P% has dropped. I can see him putting up 10 and 6 on a bad team, so maybe he'd be able to do that with the Lakers.

Thread Information