Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not a matter of imperfect. His defense is ing non-existent. He plays no defense.

I don’t remember the Spurs sniffing around. Like most NBA journalism pieces, they find a potential cap space landing place, and write the story from that.

We’d be far better off renting that cap space for picks. That would be a positive transaction.

Why the do we need another guard, anyway?
    This was the piece I was remembering: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....ejounte-murray

I mean if the spurs are planning to do more Dougy type deals this summer, I’d much rather they’d target someone like Sexton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That SA has been out of the cap-space selling suggests that they haven't decided to pack it in for the year yet. To a certain extent, it could just be because other teams are selling their space cheaply. But it gives me the sense that they do want the option to open up max space but that they considered Collins too valuable (or potentially so) to dump him preemptively. Are they thinking that they might trade Poeltl? Could they do so in a way that opens up max cap space? Maybe.

I'm still a fan of looking to a Poeltl-for-Cam-Johnson swap. If the Suns lose Ayton, they might well want a competent replacement. Ironically enough, they might want to use the MLE on Jalen Smith instead or another big like Mitchel Robinson. I expressed before about how good I think a Keldon/Cam/Sochan rotation would be and how I think the Spurs might not see Jakob as their archetypical center. Collins could be that guy if he stays healthy and continues to expand his game. Jalen Smith could be the guy to come in and compete with or complement Zach. Those would just be moderate moves for the Spurs, leaving them with either Lonnie's hold or about $15 Million in cap space to sell for assets to maybe take another shot at a rotation player.

Murray, Jones, Wesley
    Vassell, Primo, Branham
    Johnson, McDermott, Langford
    Johnson, Sochan, KBD
    Smith, Collins, Landale

TW: Wieskamp, Barlow

Maybe trading McDermott and Langford for Hayward? That'd use up some cap space and give the Spurs yet another rotational forward, but that'd also be a ton of money sunk into forwards after this year when both Johnsons are up for new contracts.
    this would be even worse than standing pat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ exstatic leave them kids alone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one player I keep thinking about is Collin Sexton.

Could they be trading DJM for a huge haul, and have in mind that they can get Sexton at ~50/3yrs? Big drop off of course, but he's 3 years younger, could fit well next to Primo in the backcourt, and gives the Spurs a chance to build up another asset.
    I've been thinking the same thing. I'm not a fan of the Murray offer being reported or Sexton, but I could see the latter happening if the former does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God bless imminent is a strong word lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless I hear it from tspence or wojtek it's fake news imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So long Instagram, hopefully the Spurs didn't get cucked like the Kawhi trade tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So long Instagram, hopefully the Spurs didn't get cucked like the Kawhi trade tbh
    they'll prolly include their '23 first and $10mil in cash for Randle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Stein the guy swearing Pop was retiring this year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Stein the guy swearing Pop was retiring this year?
    take it you still arent buying in?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's still coming from the same crap sources.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's still coming from the same crap sources.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can easily see the Knicks be dumb enough to send us 4 firsts or 3 and Cam Reddish. Somebody will offer what the Spurs ask for

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks can offer best picks and with Brunson, Murray and for now Rose, I'd imagine Quickley could be part of their offer.

He's really a SG in PG's body 6th man, but they're going to need someone who can create in Murray's stead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can easily see the Knicks be dumb enough to send us 4 firsts or 3 and Cam Reddish. Somebody will offer what the Spurs ask for
    I would give all the picks back if they would keep Cam Reddish.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Galinari?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they didnt prove you wrong already when they didnt draft Jalen Johnson? When they didnt draft Johnny Davis? When they didnt trade Murray for Simmons last year? When they didnt draft Duren (and you subsequently cried over and over in the draft thread about how the Spurs dont know what theyre doing)?

if we want to know what the Spurs are actually doing, we just need to read your thousands of posts about the same damn thing and think the opposite is happening
    1. DJ will be traded for the best haul
    2. Will rent cap space for picks later
    3. No big names signing
    4. Will run the same squad last year including Lonnie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks can offer best picks and with Brunson, Murray and for now Rose, I'd imagine Quickley could be part of their offer.

He's really a SG in PG's body 6th man, but they're going to need someone who can create in Murray's stead.
    Talking about trading Murray and still worrying about who can create in his place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talking about trading Murray and still worrying about who can create in his place.

primo suAve time

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, I'm pretty sure you still need a few people who can dribble no matter your direction.

"Butthurt" because I called out you for making things up about Ayton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, I'm pretty sure you still need a few people who can dribble no matter your direction.

"Butthurt" because I called out you for making things up about Ayton.
    The tier we are this upcoming season, the better.

P/S: What the are you talking about Ayton? I don't remember any discussion with you about Ayton, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The tier we are this upcoming season, the better.

P/S: What the are you talking about Ayton? I don't remember any discussion with you about Ayton, tbh.
    Obviously. Like I said though, you still need an adequate amount of players to fill certain positions/roles. I'm not saying go get Sexton or Jones, but they will need someone like A. Holiday.

Never mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously. Like I said though, you still need an adequate amount of players to fill certain positions/roles. I'm not saying go get Sexton or Jones, but they will need someone like A. Holiday.

Never mind.
    Nah, they need to play as many young prospects as they can, and see what they have going forward. Every veteran on the roster should be traded, and not a single free agent veteran should be signed. Get as many youngster as you can, lose as much as possible, and see if you have a few rough diamonds.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, they need to play as many young prospects as they can, and see what they have going forward. Every veteran on the roster should be traded, and not a single free agent veteran should be signed. Get as many youngster as you can, lose as much as possible, and see if you have a few rough diamonds.
    And use that cap space to help grab assets or upgrade existing assets (like removing pick protections) in helping teams maneuver to sign offer sheets or duck the luxury tax.

Only use it on vets if there is a clear path to trading them for assets ahead of the deadline.

Thread Information