Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1624
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not loathing Atl. It's frustration that PATFO took a kid early they probably didn't need to take early. Probably could have gotten someone else and then still gotten him for not too much more trading into the back of the 1st round. He hasn't shown anything yet. 3rd worst player rating last season. Still showing the same signs of being very loose with his handle and turnover prone with just really dumb passing attempts. And then there's frustration with PATFO trying to force him into a position he's clearly not suited for, at PG.

Kid needs the pressure taken off of him and does not need to be the ball handler, primary or secondary. He just needs to be a wing player that focuses on 3 and D at first and slowly work on creating some offense with some occasional dribble drives. That he's not is on Pop. They will ruin him and his confidence.

But for the love of Zeus, stop acting like Primo is showing out because he's not, and again demonstrably so. I'm happy to post his stats from his rookie year if you want. They're abismal.
    If you don’t get it by now, I can’t help you I’ll be here when the worm turns. The day is coming sooner for that crow to be eaten. Bon appe e.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you don’t get it by now, I can’t help you I’ll be here when the worm turns. The day is coming sooner for that crow to be eaten. Bon appe e.
    Yeah yeah, kid is 19. Blah, blah, blah. He's got electrolytes until he's like 30 with folks like you. At some point he has to be played where he's most effective and at some point he's got to not be a TO waiting to happen...game after game after game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not loathing Atl. It's frustration that PATFO took a kid early they probably didn't need to take early. Probably could have gotten someone else and then still gotten him for not too much more trading into the back of the 1st round. He hasn't shown anything yet. 3rd worst player rating last season. Still showing the same signs of being very loose with his handle and turnover prone with just really dumb passing attempts. And then there's frustration with PATFO trying to force him into a position he's clearly not suited for, at PG.

Kid needs the pressure taken off of him and does not need to be the ball handler, primary or secondary. He just needs to be a wing player that focuses on 3 and D at first and slowly work on creating some offense with some occasional dribble drives. That he's not is on Pop. They will ruin him and his confidence.

But for the love of Zeus, stop acting like Primo is showing out because he's not, and again demonstrably so. I'm happy to post his stats from his rookie year if you want. They're abismal.
    Didn't pop play him at SF last year? I'm confused.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah yeah, kid is 19. Blah, blah, blah. He's got electrolytes until he's like 30 with folks like you. At some point he has to be played where he's most effective and at some point he's got to not be a TO waiting to happen...game after game after game.
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't pop play him at SF last year? I'm confused.
    Not exclusively, no. Actually I'd say he played as the primary or secondary ball handler about 60-70% of the time. And he had the overwhelming majority of his turnovers when doing so

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^

Not to mention, it doesn't really even matter about last year's usage as he is being molded as the PG of the future

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not exclusively, no. Actually I'd say he played as the primary or secondary ball handler about 60-70% of the time. And he had the overwhelming majority of his turnovers when doing so
    This is just a goddamn lie, man. He barely had ball handling duties while with the main team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But he still had a lot of really bad turnovers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just a goddamn lie, man. He barely had ball handling duties while with the main team.
    Lie? It's my recollection of the last 15 games. And it completely jives with what we now know we're the plans from PATFO to make him their PG of the future.

Go back and watch a game randomly from the last month of the season. You'll be surprised how often Primo had ball handling duties when he wasn't on the floor with DJ or Tre.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lie? It's my recollection of the last 15 games. And it completely jives with what we now know we're the plans from PATFO to make him their PG of the future.

Go back and watch a game randomly from the last month of the season. You'll be surprised how often Primo had ball handling duties when he wasn't on the floor with DJ or Tre.
    You mean the 12 minutes out of 966 total minutes he played last season without DJ or Tre? That’s the number of minutes he played without those two on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the whole “Spurs plan to make him the PG of the future” has no real basis that no one has any way of validating until the season starts. I swear y’all are too damn gullible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the whole “Spurs plan to make him the PG of the future” has no real basis that no one has any way of validating until the season starts. I swear y’all are too damn gullible.
    Gullible? timvp reported it per his sources. And that's normally enough for me, but my eyes also told me that last year, and of course this year. And of course Brian Wright and Mitch Johnson are on record saying they are looking at Primo as ball handler, as they go multiple.

My man, sometimes you're just downright unnecessarily ornery, as though I insulted you. Lie. Gullible.

And I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're right that Primo only played 12 or whatever minutes without DJ or Tre on the floor, but then that also only underscores my point. They had Primo with ball handling duties even with those guys on the floor with him. Watch the tape. I pay attention to who brings the ball up and other random nonsense. Especially with him because he turned the ball over repeatedly. And I kept asking myself if they were already trying to tank or make the play-in game.

I watch stuff nobody else pays attention to. Like when Lonnie walker had everyone on this board mesmerized with his athleticism, I was highlighting his poor effort and rotations. From his first game. And before in g-league

Like when you were all about Duarte, I was saying Vassell had a higher ceiling because of his ability to make a mid range off the dribble and get to the hole. That appears to be the correct take.

Primo was increasingly given ball handling duties last year. Like it or don't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gullible? timvp reported it per his sources. And that's normally enough for me, but my eyes also told me that last year, and of course this year. And of course Brian Wright and Mitch Johnson are on record saying they are looking at Primo as ball handler, as they go multiple.

My man, sometimes you're just downright unnecessarily ornery, as though I insulted you. Lie. Gullible.

And I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're right that Primo only played 12 or whatever minutes without DJ or Tre on the floor, but then that also only underscores my point. They had Primo with ball handling duties even with those guys on the floor with him. Watch the tape. I pay attention to who brings the ball up and other random nonsense. Especially with him because he turned the ball over repeatedly. And I kept asking myself if they were already trying to tank or make the play-in game.

I watch stuff nobody else pays attention to. Like when Lonnie walker had everyone on this board mesmerized with his athleticism, I was highlighting his poor effort and rotations. From his first game. And before in g-league

Like when you were all about Duarte, I was saying Vassell had a higher ceiling because of his ability to make a mid range off the dribble and get to the hole. That appears to be the correct take.

Primo was increasingly given ball handling duties last year. Like it or don't.
    Well, this is a matter of my eyes vs yours. And like anybody, I’ll trust mine over yours and you’ll trust yours over mine. With some effort we could prove who is right, either by looking up tracking numbers or watching old games together like best pals.

speaking of tracking numbers, per nba.com:

time of possessions:
    Primo sits 9th with 1.3 behind guys like JRich, Keldon, Lonnie, Jakob, Vassell. The guys we know who handled the ball? DJ with 7.4, White with 3.6, Tre with 2.8.

Avg sec per touch:
    Murray/ Tre nearly held the ball nearly 50% longer than Primo

avg dribble per touch:
    Murray/ Tre dribbles the ball nearly twice as much as Primo

pick and roll ball handler:
    15.3% for Primo… just a little bit over our 3 and d guys in Vassell and Keldon
    the guys we know who are ball handlers?
    DJ at 46.7%
    Tre at 31.8%
    White at 31.2%
    LONNIE at 23.6%

meanwhile, Primo sits 4th best as a spot up shooter with 36% frequency

you see? This is easily disproven.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, this is a matter of my eyes vs yours. And like anybody, I’ll trust mine over yours and you’ll trust yours over mine. With some effort we could prove who is right, either by looking up tracking numbers or watching old games together like best pals.

speaking of tracking numbers, per nba.com:

time of possessions:
    Primo sits 9th with 1.3 behind guys like JRich, Keldon, Lonnie, Jakob, Vassell. The guys we know who handled the ball? DJ with 7.4, White with 3.6, Tre with 2.8.

Avg sec per touch:
    Murray/ Tre nearly held the ball nearly 50% longer than Primo

avg dribble per touch:
    Murray/ Tre dribbles the ball nearly twice as much as Primo

pick and roll ball handler:
    15.3% for Primo… just a little bit over our 3 and d guys in Vassell and Keldon
    the guys we know who are ball handlers?
    DJ at 46.7%
    Tre at 31.8%
    White at 31.2%
    LONNIE at 23.6%

meanwhile, Primo sits 4th best as a spot up shooter with 36% frequency

you see? This is easily disproven.
    Case of statistics not telling the entire tale though. You're absolutely correct that from glancing at those stats it appears Primo didn't handle the ball very much. And he didn't until the last month of the season as I've been saying.

Until then, when he played, he was on the wing. And his 3pt shot fell at a higher rate.

Afterwards as they began working him into more of a ball handler role that last month, it increased. Averaged out though, yes, his numbers don't quite give that picture. Perfect example of that is the 50% longer avg on ball time. He was at first a corner 3 pt guy. And time of possessions.

Also, that pick n roll stat is higher than I would have guessed given that he seemed to drive it into traffic and make an attempted pocket pass on most plays.

If you only took the last month, he'd be higher in all those categories.

That said, I'll throw you an olive branch...good rebuttal using numbers and statistics. I wish other people in this world were capable of relying on facts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t even care where Primo sits talent-level wise and what people’s (premature) opinions about that are. But I think it’s important to use facts when trying to give a judgment that is fair. There’s probably enough evidence (like how he handled the ball a ton in the gleague) to criticize his game elsewhere than making something up (or to give you the benefit of the doubt, maybe your recollection is skewed by your bias).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmmmm……

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where can I find this stat?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They grow up so fast.......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His USG was only 15, so I’d say while they dabbled at giving him the keys on occasion, he was rarely the primary ball handler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow
    MJ version 2

Who the #*!! Is guarding him?
    Brynn Forbes’ personal trainer

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally some workout videos to overhype.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I noticed he shot 100%

Even Tim, Tony and Manu missed occasionally. We have a gem!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brynn Forbes’ personal trainer
    Makes sense.. at first, I thought it was Kevin Hart.

Thread Information