Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's even more toxic than Porzingis and not anywhere near as good.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    He's even more toxic than Porzingis and not anywhere near as good.
    He’s also cheaper, more expendable, and not expected to be the #2 star of the team.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

:Lmao trading a first for his ass only to come off the bench
    Wood gonna throw a tantrum
    Cuban

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

:Lmao trading a first for his ass only to come off the bench
    Wood gonna throw a tantrum
    Cuban
    taking the opinion of a writer to mean that the decision has been made by jkidd to bring wood off the bench

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With McGee supposedly starting at C (will probably average sub 20 mpg though) and Dinwiddie at PG (defensively), this is probably true since it's unlikely they'll move Bullock to the bench.

Bringing their two best bigs (Kleber) off the bench doesn't make sense and Wood, especially in a contract season and with a strong case as the second most talented player on the roster, probably will balk at it though.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    With McGee supposedly starting at C (will probably average sub 20 mpg though) and Dinwiddie at PG (defensively), this is probably true since it's unlikely they'll move Bullock to the bench.

Bringing their two best bigs (Kleber) off the bench doesn't make sense and Wood, especially in a contract season and with a strong case as the second most talented player on the roster, probably will balk at it though.
    how is it unlikely they would move bullock to the bench? he was a bench player for a lot of the year, and was moved to a starting role due to injury issues to begin with. he most definitely could come off the bench. and it's very unlikely that mcgee would be a part of the main unit or closing lineup, bullock would most definitely have that role.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how is it unlikely they would move bullock to the bench? he was a bench player for a lot of the year, and was moved to a starting role due to injury issues to begin with. he most definitely could come off the bench. and it's very unlikely that mcgee would be a part of the main unit or closing lineup, bullock would most definitely have that role.
    The lineup would lack 3-point shooting and defensive flexibility (important with a Doncic and Dinwiddie back court) without him.

McGee obviously won't close. It'll be Doncic, Finney-Smith and some combination of Bullock, Kleber, Wood, Dinwiddie, Hardaway Jr. depending on a myriad of factors.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    The lineup would lack 3-point shooting and defensive flexibility (important with a Doncic and Dinwiddie back court) without him.

McGee obviously won't close. It'll be Doncic, Finney-Smith and some combination of Bullock, Kleber, Wood, Dinwiddie, Hardaway Jr. depending on a myriad of factors.
    what are you talking about? the only non three point shooter in that lineup would be mcgee. replacing wood with bullock wouldn't exactly make much, if any improvement. in fact, part of woods incredible value is his good 3point shot for his size.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what are you talking about? the only non three point shooter in that lineup would be mcgee. replacing wood with bullock wouldn't exactly make much, if any improvement. in fact, part of woods incredible value is his good 3point shot for his size.
    Bullock is way higher volume, with a quicker release, plus him along with playing Finney-Smith at the nominal four allows for maximum 1-4 versatility defensively, which is needed with big, slow guards like Doncic and Dinwiddie.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Might make some sense for McGee to start against certain teams, like Minnesota, Philly, Denver. Just to put some real size on those centers and avoid foul trouble on some of the other bigs. But still wouldn’t expect McGee to play too many minutes per night. And don’t expect him to start most of the time.

I’d expect most nights would be Luka, Dinwiddie, DFS, Wood, and then the opponent dictating the 5th guy, McGee, Kleber, Bullock, and maybe even Powell or THJ. I expect Wood to start.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Bullock is way higher volume, with a quicker release, plus him along with playing Finney-Smith at the nominal four allows for maximum 1-4 versatility defensively, which is needed with big, slow guards like Doncic and Dinwiddie.
    lol now dinwiddie is a big slow guard? you clearly have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to the mavs.

regardless I'm not sure I'm a big fan of McGee being the full time starter, but it would be a pretty big surprise if wood came off the bench. I'm pretty sure Kidd simply wants to see the effectiveness of a big lineup with both McGee and Wood, especially since wood is basically a 6'10 shooting guard. but if it doesn't go well you can be sure he's going to quickly send McGee to a bench role.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Few ways the Mavs can go now so will be interesting to see how Kidd plays it. Versatility is a good thing.

Bullock is the Mavs best perimeter defender both by metrics and eye test so I cant see him moving to the bench. Mavs would lose too much on that end especially with Doncic-Dinwiddie together in the backcourt.

Doncic-Dinwiddie-Bullock-DFS-Wood

McGee is probably the better option to start for rim protection and bring Wood off the bench but I think the Mavs would risk locker room issues with Wood coming off the bench.

Playing McGee and Wood together may work against some teams but will they be able to guard the perimeter when teams space them.

Either way I think the Mavs needed to desperately upgrade Dwight Powell at C and they've done that quite well through Wood and McGee. Getting Hardaway back should give them that bench scoring punch they need given Dinwiddie will take Brunson'sspot in the SL.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic-Ntilikina
    Dinwiddie-Hardaway
    Bullock-Bertans
    DFS-Kleber
    Wood-McGee

That's pretty good tbh. Still think the Mavs beat any team in the West in a playoff series other than the Warriors or a healthy Clippers (which may never happen).

I think this lineup above actually matches better against the Warriors now, but not sure its enough. Who knows though by the playoffs next season Steph will be nearly 35 with lots of miles.

Mavs two most used lineups in the playoffs against the Warriors both were with both Doncic and Brunson and got destroyed in terms of net rating. -10 and -18 Net Rating.

The third and fourth most used lineup had positive net rating of +26 (Brunson, no Doncic) and +19 (Doncic, no Brunson). So basically you couldn't play Doncic and Brunson together cause they were just abused defensively. Some of this may be to do with matching up against bench lineups too.

The Doncic-Dinwiddie-Bullock-DFS-Kleber was the +19 one.

Losing Brunson is a positive when it comes to the Warriors matchup .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woods just gives me the ceballos vibes. Talented scorer, no defense, self Centred malcontent. Hopefully the Mavs with a good chance of winning would give him a better outlook and he’d get in line, but I have my doubts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol now dinwiddie is a big slow guard? you clearly have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to the mavs.

regardless I'm not sure I'm a big fan of McGee being the full time starter, but it would be a pretty big surprise if wood came off the bench. I'm pretty sure Kidd simply wants to see the effectiveness of a big lineup with both McGee and Wood, especially since wood is basically a 6'10 shooting guard. but if it doesn't go well you can be sure he's going to quickly send McGee to a bench role.
    Now you're just being purposely obtuse. I clearly meant laterally (as in he's not cut out to defend smaller, quicker guards), which is why I brought up the defensive versatility starting Bullock and playing Finney-Smith at the nominal 4 multiple times allows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Djohn "AND THEN THIS HAPPENED!!!!" Flynn striking out again.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    a lot of question marks here especially the high turnover of teams. tbh he's gone through more teams than mookie goes through plates at an all you can eat buffet. came off an obvious stat padding season w/ Houston, will he be mature enough to realize that his touches are going to go down? will he sacrifice for the greater good or go full 'ooga booga' if he's not getting the ball enough?

imho i have a feeling this will backfire but they had to make a high risk/high reward move with the limited options out there and get Powell out asap

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    a lot of question marks here especially the high turnover of teams. tbh he's gone through more teams than mookie goes through plates at an all you can eat buffet. came off an obvious stat padding season w/ Houston, will he be mature enough to realize that his touches are going to go down? will he sacrifice for the greater good or go full 'ooga booga' if he's not getting the ball enough?

imho i have a feeling this will backfire but they had to make a high risk/high reward move with the limited options out there and get Powell out asap
    I dont really see it as high risk tbh, they gave up a bunch of nothing for him plus he's an expiring. Worst case scenario they ship his ass at the deadline imho

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I dont really see it as high risk tbh, they gave up a bunch of nothing for him plus he's an expiring. Worst case scenario they ship his ass at the deadline imho
    yeah pretty much this

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    yeah pretty much this

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    good point actually, forgot about the expiring part. tbh he seems like he's another Matt Barnes/Stephen Jackson mercenary-type player who will be shipped from team to team but talented enough to get picked up by teams looking for stop gaps imho

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    taking the opinion of a writer to mean that the decision has been made by jkidd to bring wood off the bench

Now what?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Djohn "AND THEN THIS HAPPENED!!!!" Flynn striking out again.
    DMC left with another in his mouth.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Told Mav fans he plays no ing defense now his ass will come off the bench

“But he’s going to lock down on D now because he plays for a contender”

Thread Information