Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he is similar to Metu more of a PF then a SF but I like the idea of the Spurs turning every stone in hopes of finding a decent SF for this upcoming season.
    I like that approach, too. But I agree with this:

So far, I think Pop will try what he has now. Every single thing. From Bertans/Forbes at 3 to Blossomgame, Metu. Before the trade deadline, he will re-assess the situation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well looking forward to next years draft it will have a lot of talent swing players for SF and SG. Wish Raptors first wasn’t protected but still should be able to find some talent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well looking forward to next years draft it will have a lot of talent swing players for SF and SG. Wish Raptors first wasn’t protected but still should be able to find some talent.
    Spurs should trade that pick to salary dump Gasol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's essentially an ending contract, so, that would be stupid. Wait a year, don't give up a first rounder.

They'll either waive him outright, or stretch him next summer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still feel Mills and Gasol combined could be packaged for a disgruntled player in a bad contact. Together they are due 28.4 millions (what was Patfo thinking!?!) This season and 19 million guaranteed next year and 14 in 2020 (again wtf!!?!?).
    If a team finds itself in need to shed 90 millions for the next 3 years in one or more players those two can be used in a deal if we consider such player or players useful.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still feel Mills and Gasol combined could be packaged for a disgruntled player in a bad contact. Together they are due 28.4 millions (what was Patfo thinking!?!) This season and 19 million guaranteed next year and 14 in 2020 (again wtf!!?!?).
    If a team finds itself in need to shed 90 millions for the next 3 years in one or more players those two can be used in a deal if we consider such player or players useful.
    Maybe a Jimmy Butler???

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t stand Pau but I am OK keeping him one more year and definitely not worth loosing a first round in a trade. But he better be gone after next season ends cause his game has ended three years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horrible three point shot, which is almost a necessity for a SF in today's game. With LMA and DeRozan being inside the arc shooters, Blossom just does not hit the need.
    Yea but we have good shooting off the bench in Bertans, Belli, White, Forbes.. he will be Bowen type. D and corner 3 guy. It's pretty much how he played in summer league. He always cuts from the corner for strong finishes, and put backs. Made a few corner 3's. Rebounds well. Still just average on defense but his physicality can be useful along with his size.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would rather get Hanga or even that kid Yanna
    Wantabe he is in NJ summer league he did pretty good he wasn’t drafted so don’t know status. Would not even mind Livio but he signed contract so do not know his buy out. Also forgot that other foreign guy we have who is a SF. To be honest I would like to see 3 SF invited to camp and let the best man win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, while we are looking at the bottom of the barrel, how about giving Anthony Bennett a camp invite. 6-8, SF 25 years old. Former number one pick. Last year he shot 41.8% from deep with Maine on 8.1 attempts, when he was never considered a 3 point shooter. Maybe Pop and co. could make lightening in a bottle. As good a chance, as any.

Also, there is a scout for the Spurs who played SF, was known for defense, 6-7, and is only 30 years old. ....................Landry Fields.
    Last edited by dbestpro; 08-05-2018 at 10:37 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, while we are looking at the bottom of the barrel, how about giving Anthony Bennett a camp invite. 6-8, SF 25 years old. Former number one pick. Last year he shot 41.8% from deep with Maine on 8.1 attempts, when he was never considered a 3 point shooter. Maybe Pop and co. could make lightening in a bottle. As good a chance, as any.
    Dude isn’t even in the barrel anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude isn’t even in the barrel anymore
    That's the point. His game has changed. His confidence has changed. All I am saying is it is worth a camp invite.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I can't squint enough to make Bennett a small forward, but that three point shooting is pretty noteworthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RealGM

realGM

Cavaliers Waive Okaro White

could work
    Last edited by r0drig0lac; 08-06-2018 at 10:07 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think that kid could turn out well. If you look at his age, and where he has played, there simply hasn't been a fit for him in the NBA yet, as far as a comfort fit. Toronto and Sac didn't offer any cultural fit for him at all. SA isn't Brazil, and Portuguese and Spanish are not the same language, but my understanding is that most Portuguese can understand spoken Spanish to a fair degree...while not necessarily the other way around.

You have two Spanish speakers on the roster in Pau and Manu. Manu has been a translator for teammates for years. In all probability, it would be the best fit for the kid since he entered the NBA.

Length, good speed, fairly athletic...I believe 34" vertical at least. He shot 34% from 3 in the 17-18 D-league. Not overall a great shooter percentage wise from the floor, but I just don't think this kid has found a real home yet.

It isn't like the Spurs are likely to win a le next year anyway (we can still wish and hope though).

There are no free agents out there that can guard the likes of Durant anyway....we had one guy and he is gone.

Toss him into the mix and see what he can do. Manu could have a big impact on this kid.
    Portuguese is basically a mix of Italian and Spanish. He'd be fine in that regard given we have those languages already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the point. His game has changed. His confidence has changed. All I am saying is it is worth a camp invite.
    We have issued many worse camp invites. I like the idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Shabazz Muhammad? Not the best shooter or defender, but can be a decent body with the right system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anderson dominated G League and still was an OK NBA player. Blossom has not been consistent nor has he been dominate in G- League.
    Anderson was just awarded a $9M/yr contract and will be starting. If Blossomgame is called up, he just needs to hold his own for 8-12 mpg.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RealGM

realGM

Cavaliers Waive Okaro White

could work
    Yeah he could.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bottom line is I think we can do better then Blossom. But I can see him on a two way contract if Manu returns if Manu doesn’t return we definitely need a better player.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still like the idea of Pau for Bazemore. Spurs take on more $$, but they free up minutes for Poeltl and add a decent wing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still like the idea of Pau for Bazemore. Spurs take on more $$, but they free up minutes for Poeltl and add a decent wing.
    A decent wing who is strictly a SG, but we don't have enough of those already?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A decent wing who is strictly a SG, but we don't have enough of those already?!
    Bazemore would be a SF in our line up. He's pretty long and can guard sfs. His contract is atrocious though.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like it. Bazemore's contract is pretty bad. If the Hawks are willing to attach an asset like Prince or a future pick then you have my attention.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA teams can invite up to 20 guys , I would love to see multiple small forwards, but whomever they bring in will likely NOT be a contributor regardless due to a learning curve and limited playing time. That said, there is a few scraps still floating around:

Bruno Caboclo

Small Forward / 6-9 / Last team: Sacramento Kings

Considered a bust but young, has the length we all want.

Trahson Burrell SF
    Considerd a jack of all trades swiss knife
    https://www.ridiculousupside.com/201...adl-nbadleague

JaKarr Sampson
    Restricted free agent two way player.

Malcolm Miller
    Another gleague small forward from the raptor.

I guess the raptors don't need them, they have one now.

Thread Information