Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was a freshman and was averaging 13ppg in 30 min with two other good players. I think if he stayed in college, his ppg would go way up and he would have been a for sure top 10 next year.
    I think so too. Being the 3rd option at Kentucky as a freshman is nothing to flinch at

He'll be 20 come October.
    yeah and in 3 years he'll be only 23. By that time he could already be a beast. People forget that Derrick White is 24, the kids we drafted have plenty of time to add on to their game. Johnson has the skill of a 3-and-D player now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah i really wish we took Claxton, but it is what it is. Luka and Claxton would have been insane.

But i guess we wouldnt have taken advantage of Claxton's skill as a playmaker since we had an abundance of that already. And he wasnt exactly a good shooter. We go for minutes without scoring a bucket. Keldon might help in that area.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good discussion of Johnson on The Red Team Draft Podcast episode 13 starting at the 27:30 minute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He improved his shooting a lot between his senior high school year to freshman year in college, so imagine working with chip where it could get his shooting... I see his potential as Allan Houston/Rip Hamilton type player...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has a small frame in addition to being undersized, very worrisome. He is still young but hopefully he grows to a legit 6'6 or 6'7.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy really has the motor of Draymond guys

any comments???
    Your player evaluations/comparisons have always been crazy (and exceedinglg optimistic). So just quit spamming, OK...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the interviews ive seen...this guy is vocal and a trash talker. I def think thats something this team needs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is great. Most college kids I know don't have a house like this so quickly. Must pay good money to play basketball at Kentucky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BatManu20 @RcDrunford Chinook
    But How is he "Top Rated at his postion"

When "didn't have access to him" ?
    Scouting college games, reviewing film.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So KJ only worked out for Boston, Orlando, Miami, Atlanta, Washington and Minnesota. His agent refused to allow him to workout for teams that drafted lower than 16.

That partially explains the freefall, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being the 3rd option at Kentucky as a freshman is nothing to flinch at
    Remember, KJ was SEC Freshman of the Year ahead of those other UK teammates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t wanna jinx it but damn the 29th pick has been pretty good to us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN's mock draft special a week ago had Keldon Johnson going at #10.

To get him at 29 is near miraculous.
    Are you sure you’re not thinking of NC’s Cam Johnson?

Nope. Check at 21:20 -- Atl picks Keldon Johnson with pick #10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like a good prospect. It's hard to teach consistent defensive effort for a perimeter player. It's either innate or self-taught due to the motivation of making it in the league (ie Bowen).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you listen?

"I'm gonna throw a Curveball... Picking to replace a loss of.... could have had him at 17."

So it was some weird OUTSIDE THE BOX pick and didn't mean he was supposed to be a lottery pick

"has a lot to prove still."

And was some Atlanta centric Pick.
    All I said was a mainstream broadcast had him going at 10.

That's all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't seen much of this guy play. Hoping this guy can become like the late Bobby Phills. For those of you who don't know Bobby. He was a great defender at 6'5 and could guard guys who had a few inches on him along with being able to hit the 3 point shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has a small frame in addition to being undersized, very worrisome. He is still young but hopefully he grows to a legit 6'6 or 6'7.
    I’m not sure how much stock you put in Draftxpress but I’ve seen where some on Spurstalk do. Did you watch that video? Toughest kid in the draft. Pitbull on defense. Small ball 4. Powerful leaper. These are the terms they use. Don’t be concerned about him being undersized. DX even goes as far as saying weight might be a concern.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is great. Most college kids I know don't have a house like this so quickly. Must pay good money to play basketball at Kentucky.
    SEC knows how to pay their players well.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of high school - #13 ranked prospect in the nation and #3 SF

I’ll take that all day long with the Spurs top of the class development program

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    People need to get over the "omg hes undersized" bs. he's almost 6'7 and has a good frame and can easily put on some muscle. the warriors injuries really changes the landscape of the NBA, what other teams do we really need to worry about with multiple elite wing players now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this guy already the closest thing we have to a 3 and D guy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since Kawhi, we've pushed ALL our prospects to develop 2-way game. First it was Anderson, next DJ, next White, next Lonnie. I love that aspect of our development of our rookies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

After watching more of Keldon's tape, i really like how he embraces contact at the rim when he's driving in for a layup. Reminds me a bit of Harden's style of play. There's strength in his game where he's still able to make the basket while being fouled and also noticed that he knows how to use his arms to make the contact. Its different from Lonnie because Lonnie kind of shies away from that contact and tries to do finesse layups instead of power layups. If Keldon learns the step back, watch out. I think his path has been the same as Harden's also where he was under other people's shadow early in his career... Or in Keldons case, in college. Liking this pick more and more. Harden was considered short for his SG position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs said he has a short neck, that's why he's "undersized" his standing reach is better than a lot of NBA SFs who are good defenders. I'm thinking is this kid ready for playing time right away? I mean he was the 3rd best player on Kentucky. He can defend as well as hit the open 3 or drive to the hoop and slash. Him already having these skills already makes him a good 3-and-D player. That's all Danny Green did when he was here. Dante Cunningham didn't do more either. Once he gets used to NBA physicality I don't see a reason to not let him get consistent minutes off the bench. Anything he can add to his game will make him even more than just a 3-and-D guy. His ceiling is high

Thread Information