Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank goodness half the idiots whining and "mocking" one of the all-time great coaches isn't anywhere near an even semi-pro organization.

The combined basketball IQ of all the trolls in the this thread is less than 0........
    What happened to the dislike button tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those same trolls cried until it went away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The shock collar comment got me.

I'd love to have that in a video game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have a group here who like everything their buddies post, and a group who dislikes everything the other group posts. We already know who's who. Why do we need to be reminded?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is a senile old that already cost us Mute Cancer.

He needs to go the away and live the rest of his days planting flowers and drinking wine.

He could be a wine justice activist. More than 99% of the world's population has never had a decent bottle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude was playing soft and got called out; teachable moment. If he can’t take criticism as a professional, we’ve got bigger issues!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kids can't take criticism these days. Trade demand incoming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess we'll have to wait & see. I'm generally a Pop fan, but that doesn't mean I don't think he could use a little bit less of the hardass "drill Sargeant" approach and a little more of the calm & seriously measured approach of a John Wooden. If sitting down with a smart young player like Walker and telling him with complete sincerity that he needs to up the effort defensively doesn't work, then I don't know if calling him out to journalists-- those same journalists that Pop usually mistreats and has little respect for-- is going to necessarily be helpful... especially on a team where at least four guys who are career defensive liabilities don't have trouble getting playing time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing like trying to get greatness out of a kid by giving him 2 minutes and yanking him as soon as he makes a mistake.

Imagine Pop pulling Kawhi and benching him for the next 5 games right after Rudy picked his pocket

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing like trying to get greatness out of a kid by giving him 2 minutes and yanking him as soon as he makes a mistake.

Imagine Pop pulling Kawhi and benching him for the next 5 games right after Rudy picked his pocket
    Kawhi always competed and excelled on defense. Bad analogy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi always competed and excelled on defense. Bad analogy.
    My man, ex. Need you to see my Q/A thread please. Have some good questions for you there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, in a related point, Pop only goes hard at players he knows can handle it. He could scream at Duncan and Parker because Pop knew they wouldn't crumble. Pop also knows he has to be gentle with more delicate personalities like Aldridge, DeRozan, etc.
    It's not about yelling... He wasn't benching Parker and ginobili indefinitely when they made a mistake

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I've noticed about Lonnie, a good thing potential wise, is that he has what I call 'cornerback hips'. In the NFL, you can have two guys the same height and weight, and with identical 40 times, and one can be a cornerback, while the other will not be anything other than a nickle back or a safety. An elite corner has the ability to open his hips while back pedaling, so the can quickly change direction and pick up his receiver. The same physical profile allows one to slip through and around screens in the NBA with minimal contact. It's really tough to pick off these guys cleanly. You know who else has this? Dejounte.

Lonnie can be an ELITE defender if he pulls his head out of his ass, and accepts and embraces the challenge, and I'm talking All NBA Defense teams in his future and maybe a DPOY.
    A major part of defense is learning tendencies... U have to actually play... U will learn more about player and team tendencies playing the game as opposed to being benched

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not about yelling... He wasn't benching Parker and ginobili indefinitely when they made a mistake
    That was exactly my point. I don't give a that Pop yelled at Lonnie and called him out to the media. BUT you can't do that when you aren't even playing the kid. The kid is averaging less than 5 minutes a game, blaming him for the loss when other players getting BIGGER minutes (I'm looking at you Marco) and the COACH who is in charge of these minutes are more to blame than Lonnie. Also LMA has played like the entire season and Pop has been quieter than a church mouse on that subject.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, in a related point, Pop only goes hard at players he knows can handle it. He could scream at Duncan and Parker because Pop knew they wouldn't crumble. Pop also knows he has to be gentle with more delicate personalities like Aldridge, DeRozan, etc.
    Brilliant acquisitions.
    Let's see if Pop can push thru the Derosian extension so this Post Duncan/Post Kawhi "Big 3" playoffs run can continue.

Offensively, this was another weak performance out of LaMarcus Aldridge. He passed the ball better than usual but rarely put in the effort to take advantage of his size and skill advantage against a small, inexperienced Hawks team. There were flashes of energy from Aldridge but mostly he went through the motions on offense. (It should be noted that one of his baskets was an accidental tip-in by the Hawks, so his shooting was even worse than it looks.) On defense, Aldridge was more than solid in the first half, as he totaled four blocks in his first 18 minutes of action. But his defense in the second half was comatose. Aldridge not only was inept when switched onto smaller players, he also managed to play 15 and a half minutes in the second half without a defensive rebound, block or steal. It’s not going to be easy for the Spurs
    to win these games in which Aldridge is spending most of his time on the court sleepjogging. <end article paragraph>
    Summary:
    rarely put in the effort
    mostly he went through the motions
    comatose
    sleepjogging

But but but, Aldridge cannot be called out by Pop but Walker can.

^Not saying you agree with this last sentence Porks, rather pointing out the CIA Pop mindset and actions.

Thread Information