Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    START Carroll? he can't even get on the court in garbage time. He will be the first Spur to depart. I don't know how PATFO signs a free agent to 7MM/3 yrs to bury him on the bench. Didn't they talk to the guy before they signed him and realize they hated him beforehand?
    That's on Pop. Carroll is still a better player than Lyles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's on Pop. Carroll is still a better player than Lyles
    Of course it's on Pop. Signing Carroll is the weirdest FA signing EVER by PATFO. They signed a guy and immediately discovered they hated him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, I was calling for the same things back in preseason while you were marveling at Bryn Forbes' "redemption arc"
    Love that your embracing your inner edgelord and twisting the narrative...But I'll own commending that loser for having a good preseason and when I was expecting him to play alongside Murray/White

Don't worry - you'll always have a place here on EdgelordTalk tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love that your embracing your inner edgelord and twisting the narrative...But I'll own commending that loser for having a good preseason and when I was expecting him to play alongside Murray/White

Don't worry - you'll always have a place here on EdgelordTalk tbh.
    How is it twisting? That's literally what you said ... but with some extra flowery language added to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is it twisting? That's literally what you said ... but with some extra flowery language added to it.
    I don't feel too strongly about that one as much as my "Pop is a senile " quote. Can we pull that one up on the search bar?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't feel too strongly about that one as much as my "Pop is a senile " quote. Can we pull that one up on the search bar?
    Hold on let me fire up the gerbils to turn search back on . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not Kori putting on some type of cerebro helmet a la Professor X?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Richard Gere post

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ooh, Jesus Christ!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, will be between one and two weeks, IMO. Didn't he finally stop starting Cunningham a few days after Thanksgiving last year? Steve Smith got the hook pretty early too in 2003 but not instantly.
    What do you think will be the adjustment? Bc it probably should be not starting Forbes and he has some alternatives like Caroll, Keldon Johnson or Walker. But I cannot see Pop giving opportunities to the rook or the sop re he has in the doghouse and I have no idea what’s up with Caroll. However Pop has alternatives, there probably will be some growing pains but he just needs to do something.

Pop could also start Murray/White.

It’s the prospect of having Forbes off the bench with Mills that’s unappealing. As such, in the current team landscape Forbes probably shouldn’t be playing. If he doesn’t start, he can’t come off the bench paired with Mills. That’s the reason Pop is not adjusting this rotation imo. He’s too reluctant to bench Forbes. Going to take a few more losses and some demoralizing ones b4 a change or Forbes has to get injured and we shall see how things look with someone else.

They probably would suffer growing pains and not be better straight away bc it’s a lineup change with new guys (and maybe young guys) But Forbes isn’t a starter for a team that wants to prioritize defense and compe iveness. It’s not that he’s a scapegoat but you have to make some adjustments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    without Steve Smith getting hurt and missing games 2 through 9, I doubt Jackson ever gets the chance to play big minutes and worm his way into relevancy

I don't know if any amount of losing by itself would do the trick. If Marco or Mills or DeMar missed 8 straight games, then it would be a real opportunity to see what Walker or Carroll could have to offer, not just in one-off stints like has happened so far
    I have thought of the injury factor too. Mills and Forbes are two of the most resilient Regular season heavy minutes eaters the team has.

The chances are better for Marco to get a sore groin or something but he doesn’t strain himself too much these days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heck, I feel even last year he was solid enough. This year? Not only has he been bad - it’s like he’s being paid to throw games.
    Good point. I remember a few wins early in the season last year when their defense was atrocious that were pulled by clutch play from Derozan. Perhaps it’s mental, not getting his extension and his fragile depressive psyche.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like something had to have happened behind the scenes with Carroll and Pop. It makes zero sense that he’s barely getting even a minute a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone here think missing the playoffs is ok now because all the big 3 are retired?

Does Pop get one year where his team doesn't exceed expectations?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone here think missing the playoffs is ok now because all the big 3 are retired?

Does Pop get one year where his team doesn't exceed expectations?
    Sure I'll give that to him, only if it's his last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure I'll give that to him, only if it's his last year.
    So on your list of best head coaches, which of them haven't missed the playoffs in the past 10 years? 5 years.. last year..?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So on your list of best head coaches, which of them haven't missed the playoffs in the past 10 years? 5 years.. last year..?
    Nick Nurse

I don't care about making the playoffs. I'd be fine if the Spurs missed the playoffs if they were building towards the future and playing the young guys a ton. That ain't happening.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If a head coach in "Today's NFL" said he refused to throw the ball at a significant higher clip than running the ball how long would he remain Employed?

This is the same thing, but Cultists of Pop on here see it a different way. Maybe they don't watch the NFL football.

Popsuckers and the MEDIA(except for Calvin on the Sports Grind) to afraid to call this TOSB out on this total embracing of being mediocre.
    If Tom Belichick said it then it would go over about the same as it did when Pop said it. Same level of respect same idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop used to be the old wiz in the park playing chess and now he just plays bingo in the retirement home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only injuries can save Pop from his own stubborness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop used to be the old wiz in the park playing chess and now he just plays bingo in the retirement home.
    spot on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurraider21 - we're almost at the end of November and the Raiders have more wins than the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of you in this thread are funny. Last year you all wanted to tank for the lottery. This year the Spurs are losing games and on this trajectory appear to be on the way to doing that and are upset about it.

There is nothing this team is going to do overnight that is going to fix this. Might as well ride this out for another few weeks and then evaluate where we are at.

Thread Information