Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is NOT a starting PG. White is sooooo much better setting up plays, composed and has inside AND outside shooting, so his defender does not sag unlike Murray’s. Murray at best is a combo guard. I hate to put Murray and White together unless White plays the PG, and let Murray run the fastbreaks only off a rebound. I’d put Carroll on 3 and D, and push Demar as 6th man, primary ball handler in the 2nd unit. Lyles and Aldridge finish the starting lineup.

White/Demar
    Murray/Forbes/Mills
    Carroll/Walker/Belinelli
    Lyles/Gay
    Aldridge/Poeltl
    It sounds good in theory, but if you brought DeMar off the bench it'd be Jack in the Box all over again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is NOT a starting PG. White is sooooo much better setting up plays, composed and has inside AND outside shooting, so his defender does not sag unlike Murray’s. Murray at best is a combo guard. I hate to put Murray and White together unless White plays the PG, and let Murray run the fastbreaks only off a rebound. I’d put Carroll on 3 and D, and push Demar as 6th man, primary ball handler in the 2nd unit. Lyles and Aldridge finish the starting lineup.

White/Demar
    Murray/Forbes/Mills
    Carroll/Walker/Belinelli
    Lyles/Gay
    Aldridge/Poeltl
    Looks pretty good but I wonder if Carroll is healthy. He does not seem to move well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's mostly on one era ending and the next era not starting yet, tbh.
    For sure. Cant fault SA too much for Kawhi being a snake. But is it not fair to SERIOUSLY fault them for choosing the DeRozan path? For choosing not to go more win now to justify their decision or to go the other way?

Not about being a contender; about being a compe ive team if that’s the direction you choose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has jumped the shark. Nobody takes him seriously anymore. They respect him, but still just blow him off, like most young guys do to old grandpas.

That’s why I’ll ask again. Why is he still coaching? Winning is obviously not his highest priority right now with the dumb lineups. But neither is the youth movement or they would be getting more minutes. So what exactly is this 70 year old man trying to do? It’s a mess.

He’s obviously not part of the long term future plans. Bring the new guy or Becky to start growing with the next gen already.
    Actually the Spurs should have “retired” Pop at the end of the 2017 season and let a new regime work out the situation with Number 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sounds good in theory, but if you brought DeMar off the bench it'd be Jack in the Box all over again.
    It’s perfect. Spurs get the athleticism in the starting lineup with White and Carroll. DeMar can feast on the 2nd unit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

White/Demar
    Murray/Forbes/Mills
    Carroll/Walker/Belinelli
    Lyles/Gay
    Aldridge/Poeltl
    Seriously I think with this combinations, Spurs instantly raise their winning percentage. Better defense in the starting lineup with White/Murray/Carroll, and deeper scoring bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marco "the compe or" Belinelli played the entire 4th Qtr, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I try my best not to be hyper critical in November, but man...Pop is really testing my limits here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop said post game this team was defensively challenged he knows it, but he's a stubborn old man. It's been like this for years. He won't play the better options till years later or one of his pets get hurt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop said post game this team was defensively challenged he knows it, but he's a stubborn old man. It's been like this for years. He won't play the better options till years later or one of his pets get hurt
    Playing Forbes, Mills and Belli together does not help. And not playing Carroll?

I don’t know if he’s waiting for Spurs to hit rock bottom to make that obvious move. Limit playing Mills, Marco and give Lonnie and Carroll a chance. Even Keldon for Marco at this point.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to admit that Metu is looking better. A couple of games of not-too-meaningful minutes doesn't necessarily mean anything long term, but he is definitely showing more development than I gave him credit for. I'm always a sucker for those guys you really want to catch, and he's one of them. But his athleticism and strength can't be denied.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are trading DD. I can sense it happening. They are far apart in negotiations. He will walk. They will get some asset and hopefully a better fit. I like DD game but it does not suit our young players. It's easier to move one player than a few.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are trading DD. I can sense it happening. They are far apart in negotiations. He will walk. They will get some asset and hopefully a better fit. I like DD game but it does not suit our young players. It's easier to move one player than a few.

As long as they don't get another albatross with a longer expiration date in exchange. I know that everyone wants to see the Spurs get "something" in exchange for DDR. I'd like that too. But I really, really don't want to see them right back in cap next year, when they have the perfect opportunity to free that huge chunk of space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as they don't get another albatross with a longer expiration date in exchange. I know that everyone wants to see the Spurs get "something" in exchange for DDR. I'd like that too. But I really, really don't want to see them right back in cap next year, when they have the perfect opportunity to free that huge chunk of space.
    This is true; to an extent. I don’t want to swap him for a long, bad deal. But I am fine taking some calculated gambles if they are trying to be a playoff team (which I for one want).

But if that is the case, they HAVE to shake something up; this roster is too flawed for that to be a reasonable strategy at this point. Might not mean shipping DeRozan out, but may mean using picks to add to the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What to like about his game? His half spin. Man everybody in the league already scouted that. He can’t shoot open 3’s so his defender go under? He choked the T to get the Spurs a fighting chance. Really, DeMar would be best playing 6th man, primary ball handler in the 2nd unit where he can feast with lesser defender. Bring White and Caroll to play 3 and D. If DeMar doesn’t like, who cares? Actually he could score a lot more in the 2nd unit and raise his average. He’d go against Lou for best 6th man, and the guy who’s willing to come off the bench for the team. It’d be win/win

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In two years these four plus Samanic could be our starting five. May be the first 'home grown' starting five ever with all being drafted by the team.
    2016 1st Rd pick Murray
    2017 1st Rd pick White
    2018 1st Rd pick Walker
    2018 2nd Rd pick Metu
    2019 1st Rd pick Samanic

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In two years these four plus Samanic could be our starting five. May be the first 'home grown' starting five ever with all being drafted by the team.
    2016 1st Rd pick Murray
    2017 1st Rd pick White
    2018 1st Rd pick Walker
    2018 2nd Rd pick Metu
    2019 1st Rd pick Samanic

In two years White, Walker, and Metu won’t be on this team. Can’t afford to give them a second contract after Patty’s, Marco’s, Rudy’s, and Aldridge’s extensions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    will only play together in garbage time
    so should get heavy usage if things contie the way they have

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marco "the compe or" Belinelli played the entire 4th Qtr, tbh.
    Without any sarcastic intention, I legit think he was trying to get Marco going (to get his shooting % up). That was the reason for the first play ending on a shot by “big balls Belli”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I try my best not to be hyper critical in November, but man...Pop is really testing my limits here
    I remember the days when November was when they looked at their best. Remember November Parker? That was a thing. Current November Spurs are another.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to admit that Metu is looking better. A couple of games of not-too-meaningful minutes doesn't necessarily mean anything long term, but he is definitely showing more development than I gave him credit for. I'm always a sucker for those guys you really want to catch, and he's one of them. But his athleticism and strength can't be denied.
    With him, since he got injured over the summer and missed SL it was a shame he missed that development opportunity and that we didn’t see him then. Some good showings in garbage time is a good start considering guys his age generally put a lot of development time in the summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

White/Demar
    Murray/Forbes/Mills
    Carroll/Walker/Belinelli
    Lyles/Gay
    Aldridge/Poeltl
    22 year old Murray is WAAAY better than 22 year old white.... No need to kerf Murray's growth for the lower ceiling white... White doesn't change the game... Murray has the ability to completely change the game... White just keeps things steady...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That ending lineup was worth watching that travesty of a game... Our normal lineups are old and slow... This actually nerfs Murray's growth because not only does he have no one to run with but he constantly defers to LMA and DDR because their personalities require that they get a lot of touches.... Notice he gets much more aggressive when they're not in the game... He needs to maintain that level of aggression while they're in the game but we all know what happened the last two times LMA played with an aggressive teammate that was beloved by fans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

White/Demar
    Murray/Forbes/Mills
    Carroll/Walker/Belinelli
    Lyles/Gay
    Aldridge/Poeltl
    Lets dot it tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The operative phrase here is "garbage time". We are reading too much into things like this but there is no one in the NBA i trust more about developing young players and molding them with the correct at ude then Pop. Of course some times uncles get in the way and everything but lets hope Pop sticks around for as long as it takes to mold this group of young players into a strong team for the future. Pop never skips steps like some here would, he knows what he's doing.

Thread Information