Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2513
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's true. Nance still has more value. I don't think Spurs fans know how good he is.
    I like Nance and I even said he has solid value; I just think Thad is in a similar spot especially with so many teams needing an upgrade and it being a key position with limited good players available

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That pick protection in the McDermott S&T is rather lol. It's hard to imagine either team finishing in the top 5 the season after next. At least 2026 is far enough out that the Pacers or Heat might be terrible that year and the Spurs would get a free pick in the 30s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's true. Nance still has more value. I don't think Spurs fans know how good he is.
    After you mentioned his contract I checked bballref and it’s listed for 10 mill declining to 9 for two years. For a team like Portland with a bloated salary sheet in the books that has value. And he’s young enough to expect no decline in those 2 years if he’s healthy.

Thad OTOH is only signed for one season so he could leave at the end of it. Also he’s already 33. At the end of the season it may be doubtful he’s worth any big contracts at all but if he’s still good, it’s still a risky proposition because he can go LMA washed at any point soon.

I don’t watch either guy other than casually but Nance definitely has more value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That pick protection in the McDermott S&T is rather lol. It's hard to imagine either team finishing in the top 5 the season after next. At least 2026 is far enough out that the Pacers or Heat might be terrible that year and the Spurs would get a free pick in the 30s.
    Remember, the Heat or Pacers have to BOTH be terrible for the pick to convey. If only one is bad, Memphis gets to keep the pick and send the worse pick to the swap, where it would then be compared with SA's pick. So in order for the Spurs to benefit, they'd have to finish with a better record than both Miami and Indy. It's possible, but it's way less likely to convey a decent amount of value. The most likely result is going to just be SA and Indy exchanging nothing of value. It was a really ty trade SA should've made.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember, the Heat or Pacers have to BOTH be terrible for the pick to convey. If only one is bad, Memphis gets to keep the pick and send the worse pick to the swap, where it would then be compared with SA's pick. So in order for the Spurs to benefit, they'd have to finish with a better record than both Miami and Indy. It's possible, but it's way less likely to convey a decent amount of value. The most likely result is going to just be SA and Indy exchanging nothing of value. It was a really ty trade SA should've made.
    Oh, I was only looking at the post above which didn't mention Memphis at all. I really don't see the point of agreeing to the S&T at all from the Spurs' perspective now. Might as well have asked for $1M or something instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, I was only looking at the post above which didn't mention Memphis at all. I really don't see the point of agreeing to the S&T at all from the Spurs' perspective now. Might as well have asked for $1M or something instead.
    SA was probably trying to be nice by agreeing to the deal and giving Indy a TE. Issue is, teams need to trade away something in a deal. So SA had to give up their protected pick. They asked for Indy to do the same to "even things out". I guess I'm glad the Spurs went for something of theoretical value over just cash as the net incentive. But it was a bad deal. Boston gave up two seconds to New York to make Fournier an S&T and did the same thing to Charlotte to make Hayward one last year. It's crazy that the Spurs did a deal for no value and en bered their second and gave themselves a hard cap as a result.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other news...

https://uproxx.com/dimemag/report-be...g-camp-rumors/

Not that we didn't know this already but I saw a lot of 76ers fans on other forums pulling the ol "Simmons hasn't come out and said anything himself" ala Spurs fans in 2018

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given that was reported by their local beat reporter who from what i've gathered based on Sixers fans comments, is pretty plugged into the organization, I would expect to see a Simmons trade within the next 2 weeks. Sixers would be incredibly dumb to drag this out into the season and waste a year of Embiid's prime because Morey overplayed his hand and is trying to save face. cant believe this guy refused to trade Simmons for Harden, now he's going to be stuck taking pennies on the dollar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wants to go to a west coast team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The kings or Timberwolves will cave in and give them a kings ransom, they can come up with the best deals imo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. It's not exactly breaking news that he'd prefer California over Minnesota or San Antonio and 2. Neither the 76ers nor those two teams have any reason to care though, given that he's signed for 4 more seasons and his reputation is in tatters. Wherever he goes, he'll be all but forced to grin, bear it and play good soldier.

The kings or Timberwolves will cave in and give them a kings ransom, they can come up with the best deals imo
    Spurs lack of a centerpiece is the likely death knell. Russell (despite his being close with Towns, he has to be in it both value and money wise) and Haliburton are not of the caliber the 76ers would prefer, but they're sure as more dynamic/malleable offensively than Murray and because of that, they'd also be easier to re-route as part of a package for a Lillard or disgruntled superstar/star TBD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other news...

https://uproxx.com/dimemag/report-be...g-camp-rumors/

Not that we didn't know this already but I saw a lot of 76ers fans on other forums pulling the ol "Simmons hasn't come out and said anything himself" ala Spurs fans in 2018
    Damn...it still hurts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn...it still hurts.
    Gonna need an RX for some hormones homie.
    Get yo ass to an Indian Reserve and I know peeps that can give you boobs in no time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna need an RX for some hormones homie.
    Get yo ass to an Indian Reserve and I know peeps that can give you boobs in no time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wants to go to a west coast team
    SA is halfway there....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word is Suns want Thadeus Young and are willing to trade injured Saric, and Jalen Smith. The Spurs want draft capital too and would have to send a couple of players to open roster space. Saric will not play this year but does have a two year contract. Not sure if they could waive him after a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word is Suns want Thadeus Young and are willing to trade injured Saric, and Jalen Smith. The Spurs want draft capital too and would have to send a couple of players to open roster space. Saric will not play this year but does have a two year contract. Not sure if they could waive him after a trade.
    Yes, this has been the news for weeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After you mentioned his contract I checked bballref and it’s listed for 10 mill declining to 9 for two years. For a team like Portland with a bloated salary sheet in the books that has value. And he’s young enough to expect no decline in those 2 years if he’s healthy.

Thad OTOH is only signed for one season so he could leave at the end of it. Also he’s already 33. At the end of the season it may be doubtful he’s worth any big contracts at all but if he’s still good, it’s still a risky proposition because he can go LMA washed at any point soon.

I don’t watch either guy other than casually but Nance definitely has more value.
    I agree Nance has more value, but like Aldridge he also has a managed heart condition which is a bit of a red flag. He's a good player just has a few issues to deal with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is destined for Minnesota.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    millsap and probably aldridge to nets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Saric is ruled out for the year, does he count towards the actual roster spots? Isn't there a separate list?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Saric is ruled out for the year, does he count towards the actual roster spots? Isn't there a separate list?
    There's not. There's a roster exemption to add guys if a team can't field eight. But there's no IR

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, this has been the news for weeks.
    So has Simmons and that dead horse is still getting beat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If so, that shows you what the Suns think of Jalen Smith -- Saric is out for the year yet they're willing to get rid of Smith?

No thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather go for Saric, tank this year, and maybe be a contender within three years.

Thread Information