Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I won tickets to a show (a band I like) there tomorrow night but I've never been. What should I expect? So far all I've heard is standing room only and ty parking

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I won tickets to a show (a band I like) there tomorrow night but I've never been. What should I expect? So far all I've heard is standing room only and ty parking
    Who's playing? So I can decide whether or not I want to go with you. Will I have to put out if I do?

I still haven't made it out there for Dwight.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Who's playing? So I can decide whether or not I want to go with you. Will I have to put out if I do?

I still haven't made it out there for Dwight.
    The Mavericks. All you gotta put out is a decent 2 step

I didn't get tickets for Dwight because $75 for standing room only is silly

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    the mavs. awesome. say hi to dirk for me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The Mavericks. All you gotta put out is a decent 2 step

I didn't get tickets for Dwight because $75 for standing room only is silly
    Cool. What are you wearing so that I can coordinate. I want people to know that we're together. I was thinking of wearing some low rise jeans and a revealing top.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Who is Dwight? Howard?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    You've been to Gruene Hall, iirc?

Not quite as nice, just as hot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

So Gruene isn't as nice as Floore's? Gruene gets hot as too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Who is Dwight? Howard?
    Dwight Yoakam. One of my all time favorites

He is doing a cover of Purple Rain on his new album. I kind of want to hear that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    So Gruene isn't as nice as Floore's? Gruene gets hot as too.
    I meant Floores isn't as nice. I haven't been to either one in a long time but I'm never going to either in the summer ever again

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

He is doing a cover of Purple Rain on his new album. I kind of want to hear that.
    Dwight's the man. You can definitely hear his influence in the Mavericks early stuff.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Damn, I love the Mavericks. OP is a got though.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Oh, well that's great

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Who is Dwight? Howard?

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Dwight's the man. You can definitely hear his influence in the Mavericks early stuff.
    I love Dwight and I promised myself I'd see him live this year but so far he's only played the dancehalls around here, and its still too hot for that.

I recommend you guys tune in to "Bakersfield Country" radio on Pandora if you love Dwight----it mixes Buck Owens and his contemporaries with the newer sounds like Dwight, The Mavericks, The Derailers, and Junior Brown. Lately they've been throwing in some new stuff by Vince Gill that is really great.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I like FLoores its a great outdoors venue. If the Mavericks are bigger than Randy Rogers or Gary Allen I would suggest getting loaded before you go as the Beer lines can be a 15 minute wait. If they are an up & coming band you are going to have a great time. Plenty of Port O Potys and Beer booths. If it is indoor it can get crowded fast inside but its still always fun. I like floores its a cool cozy place to see an outdoor concert. You could stop at Bad Dogz bar on the way. Its about a mile or two from the Venue if you want to eat and get loaded.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I love Dwight and I promised myself I'd see him live this year but so far he's only played the dancehalls around here, and its still too hot for that.

I recommend you guys tune in to "Bakersfield Country" radio on Pandora if you love Dwight----it mixes Buck Owens and his contemporaries with the newer sounds like Dwight, The Mavericks, The Derailers, and Junior Brown. Lately they've been throwing in some new stuff by Vince Gill that is really great.
    I'll have to check it out. Sounds like my kind of music.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I'll check this out as well. Love that sound.
    I've missed Dwight a couple of times at Billy Bobs and have regretted it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hopefully it doesn't rain.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I had a great time! Liked that venue way more than Gruene Hall; the indoor space has good a/c, but the show was outside and it was not too hot last night. I don't do many standing room only shows but this one was not so crowded so it was easy to move around and get lots of good vantage points. The fact that I won the tickets made it even better, not sure I'd pay the $35 (or more) for a more popular act with a bigger crowd.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    One of my favorite live albums ever was recorded there. Robert Earl Keen's "No. 2 Live at Dinner". He's actually about to re-record another show there for the 20th anniversary of the album.
    mrsmaalox - parking is indeed frustrating, but if you go east of Floore's there's a public lot that people don't park in for some reason.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I had a great time! Liked that venue way more than Gruene Hall; the indoor space has good a/c, but the show was outside and it was not too hot last night. I don't do many standing room only shows but this one was not so crowded so it was easy to move around and get lots of good vantage points. The fact that I won the tickets made it even better, not sure I'd pay the $35 (or more) for a more popular act with a bigger crowd.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I like FLoores its a great outdoors venue. If the Mavericks are bigger than Randy Rogers or Gary Allen I would suggest getting loaded before you go as the Beer lines can be a 15 minute wait. If they are an up & coming band you are going to have a great time. Plenty of Port O Potys and Beer booths. If it is indoor it can get crowded fast inside but its still always fun. I like floores its a cool cozy place to see an outdoor concert. You could stop at Bad Dogz bar on the way. Its about a mile or two from the Venue if you want to eat and get loaded.
    Way to suggest she drive drunk to the show. What a pal.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Grew up in Helotes in the '70's and '80's. Saw everyone there, before I knew how cool it was who I was seeing. Floore's hasn't changed all that much, though it's far more trendy now. Helotes? Barely recognizable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Grew up in Helotes in the '70's and '80's. Saw everyone there, before I knew how cool it was who I was seeing. Floore's hasn't changed all that much, though it's far more trendy now. Helotes? Barely recognizable.
    True. And super expensive to live here now.

Thread Information