Page 96 of 303 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 7567
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you comparing outbreaks that have vaccines with outbreaks that don't have vaccines, libertarian blakeline bum?
    Ask Thread dumbass, it's his count. I'm just keeping it updated for him.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you dont know what fascist means
    often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
    a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, why are you looking for an easy out, Lite?

He showed you the numbers. Don't cry that he didn't spoonfeed you a link that you cried needed to be censored, you fascist moron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup. none of those things describe me in the slightest. good job for demonstrating that you dont know what fascism is despite having access to the definition

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, why are you looking for an easy out, Lite?

He showed you the numbers. Don't cry that he didn't spoonfeed you a link that you cried needed to be censored, you fascist moron.
    oh. i didnt believe the numbers to be accurate, particularly as it related to deaths. i provided a link that discussed some of the other numbers

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ask Thread dumbass, it's his count. I'm just keeping it updated for him.
    Looks like his count was worthwhile before the government started paying for fake death counts.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup. none of those things describe me in the slightest. good job for demonstrating that you dont know what fascism is despite having access to the definition
    Sure it does. You like oppressive govt. that puts certain individuals and groups down and gives power to an autocratic few.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh. i didnt believe the numbers to be accurate, particularly as it related to deaths. i provided a link that discussed some of the other numbers
    What is the 'accurate' death count?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure it does. You like oppressive govt. that puts certain individuals and groups down and gives power to an autocratic few.
    i dont like oppressive government at all, like the ones who actively try to prevent people from voting, sometimes with literally "surgical precision". i also hate that the government we have now puts certain groups down... hispanic and arabic people, lgbt people, black people, etc., or at the very least show indifference towards their disparate treatment

i'm absolutely not in favor in giving power to an "autocratic few" like daddy trump who brags about being a strongman with total authority and threatens to call in the military to silence dissent.

i'm in favor of the cons utional system we have. if you want to claim the office of the presidency in and of itself cons utes "giving power to an autocratic view" then that's a different discussion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was the fallacy they tried on me. I never believed the death counts from so many places, but to counter that I was challenged to provide the accurate death count.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont like oppressive government at all, like the ones who actively try to prevent people from voting, sometimes with literally "surgical precision". i also hate that the government we have now puts certain groups down... hispanic and arabic people, lgbt people, black people, etc., or at the very least show indifference towards their disparate treatment

i'm absolutely not in favor in giving power to an "autocratic few" like daddy trump who brags about being a strongman with total authority and threatens to call in the military to silence dissent.

i'm in favor of the cons utional system we have. if you want to claim the office of the presidency in and of itself cons utes "giving power to an autocratic view" then that's a different discussion
    Lots of hyperbole here. To silence dissent? You mean to protect a city from being destroyed, shop owners beaten and their businesses burned to the ground? That dissent you dishonest ?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont like oppressive government at all
    So you're against all these executive orders that are taking away our civil rights?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're against all these executive orders that are taking away our civil rights?
    which executive orders?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of hyperbole here.
    no, not really

To silence dissent? You mean to protect a city from being destroyed, shop owners beaten and their businesses burned to the ground? That dissent you dishonest ?
    the protests were much bigger than the riots/looting. trump has conflated the protestors with the rioters on multiple occasions

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm absolutely not in favor in giving power to an "autocratic few"
    Sure you are. You support all these democrat govs. and mayors acting like they're ruling their own private thiefdoms.
    You love it when select judges are allowed to pretend the Cons ution says things it doesn't say and legislate from the bench
    when in fact they are simply supposed to be a last line of defense against breaking the Cons ution.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm good with whatever the CDC has, or the data scrapped at worldometer.com

they get their numbers directly from hospitals and/or county officials, who are the only people actually keeping track.

if i see reason to doubt their numbers, i'll let you know

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, not really

the protests were much bigger than the riots/looting. trump has conflated the protestors with the rioters on multiple occasions
    Oh, clutch your pearls hard. Rioters were aplenty. And the Democrat response to them is laughable.
    They do what they want, and the media crafts favorable narratives.
    Again, you love the autocratic system that oppresses your political enemies.
    You're a fascist who just hasn't come to terms.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm good with whatever the CDC has, or the data scrapped at worldometer.com

they get their numbers directly from hospitals and/or county officials, who are the only people actually keeping track.

if i see reason to doubt their numbers, i'll let you know
    What the point are you trying to make? What is your problem with the "official" numbers?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derp flailing

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure you are. You support all these democrat govs. and mayors acting like they're ruling their own private thiefdoms.
    You love it when select judges are allowed to pretend the Cons ution says things it doesn't say and legislate from the bench
    when in fact they are simply supposed to be a last line of defense against breaking the Cons ution.
    wtf are you crying about.

Omy God, I gotta wear a mask for 20 minutes, they have taken my soul.
    Fkn snowflake.

"they tell me to stand 6 feet, i stand 5 1/2, lets charge, free the people!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, clutch your pearls hard. Rioters were aplenty. And the Democrat response to them is laughable.
    They do what they want, and the media crafts favorable narratives.
    im not discounting that there were a lot of riots/looting. even still, they were dwarfed by the larger protests, and trump conflated them more than once, both before and after his rhetoric for military intervention (which came during a speech he gave just before gassing his own citizens so he could cross the street for a photo shoot)

Again, you love the autocratic system that oppresses your political enemies.
    categorically wrong.

You're a fascist who just hasn't come to terms.
    you still dont know what that means. dude, you even posted the definition. here's another good primer

In his 1995 essay "Ur-Fascism", cultural theorist Umberto Eco lists fourteen general properties of fascist ideology.[20] He argues that it is not possible to organise these into a coherent system, but that "it is enough that one of them be present to allow fascism to coagulate around it". He uses the term "Ur-fascism" as a generic description of different historical forms of fascism. The fourteen properties are as follows:

1. "The Cult of Tradition", characterized by cultural syncretism, even at the risk of internal contradiction. When all truth has already been revealed by Tradition, no new learning can occur, only further interpretation and refinement.
    2. "The Rejection of modernism", which views the rationalistic development of Western culture since the Enlightenment as a descent into depravity. Eco distinguishes this from a rejection of superficial technological advancement, as many fascist regimes cite their industrial potency as proof of the vitality of their system.
    3. "The Cult of Action for Action's Sake", which dictates that action is of value in itself, and should be taken without intellectual reflection. This, says Eco, is connected with anti-intellectualism and irrationalism, and often manifests in attacks on modern culture and science.
    4. "Disagreement Is Treason" – Fascism devalues intellectual discourse and critical reasoning as barriers to action, as well as out of fear that such analysis will expose the contradictions embodied in a syncretistic faith.
    5. "Fear of Difference", which fascism seeks to exploit and exacerbate, often in the form of racism or an appeal against foreigners and immigrants.
    6. "Appeal to a Frustrated Middle Class", fearing economic pressure from the demands and aspirations of lower social groups.
    7. "Obsession with a Plot" and the hyping-up of an enemy threat. This often combines an appeal to xenophobia with a fear of disloyalty and sabotage from marginalized groups living within the society (such as the German elite's 'fear' of the 1930s Jewish populace's businesses and well-doings; see also anti-Semitism). Eco also cites Pat Robertson's book The New World Order as a prominent example of a plot obsession.
    8. Fascist societies rhetorically cast their enemies as "at the same time too strong and too weak." On the one hand, fascists play up the power of certain disfavored elites to encourage in their followers a sense of grievance and humiliation. On the other hand, fascist leaders point to the decadence of those elites as proof of their ultimate feebleness in the face of an overwhelming popular will.
    9. "Pacifism is Trafficking with the Enemy" because "Life is Permanent Warfare" – there must always be an enemy to fight. Both fascist Germany under Hitler and Italy under Mussolini worked first to organize and clean up their respective countries and then build the war machines that they later intended to and did use, despite Germany being under restrictions of the Versailles treaty to not build a military force. This principle leads to a fundamental contradiction within fascism: the incompatibility of ultimate triumph with perpetual war.
    10. "Contempt for the Weak", which is uncomfortably married to a chauvinistic popular elitism, in which every member of society is superior to outsiders by virtue of belonging to the in-group. Eco sees in these at udes the root of a deep tension in the fundamentally hierarchical structure of fascist polities, as they encourage leaders to despise their underlings, up to the ultimate Leader who holds the whole country in contempt for having allowed him to overtake it by force.
    11. "Everybody is Educated to Become a Hero", which leads to the embrace of a cult of death. As Eco observes, "[t]he Ur-Fascist hero is impatient to die. In his impatience, he more frequently sends other people to death."
    12. "Machismo", which sublimates the difficult work of permanent war and heroism into the sexual sphere. Fascists thus hold "both disdain for women and intolerance and condemnation of nonstandard sexual habits, from chas y to sexuality."
    13. "Selective Populism" – The People, conceived monolithically, have a Common Will, distinct from and superior to the viewpoint of any individual. As no mass of people can ever be truly unanimous, the Leader holds himself out as the interpreter of the popular will (though truly he dictates it). Fascists use this concept to delegitimize democratic ins utions they accuse of "no longer represent[ing] the Voice of the People."
    14. "Newspeak" – Fascism employs and promotes an impoverished vocabulary in order to limit critical reasoning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the point are you trying to make? What is your problem with the "official" numbers?
    you asked what the number is. i said whatever number those guys have is good with me.

i dont have any problem with the "official" numbers, as i said. i said "if i see reason to doubt their numbers, i'll let you know." haven't seen em yet. i'm ok with giving them a reasonable margin of error

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you asked what the number is. i said whatever number those guys have is good with me.

i dont have any problem with the "official" numbers, as i said. i said "if i see reason to doubt their numbers, i'll let you know." haven't seen em yet. i'm ok with giving them a reasonable margin of error
    Its like asking what is the accurate census. You cant get a number on the button it changes constantly.
    The numbers are close enough imo but its still and under count as I see it. Now that there is really no centralized federal government to tell the states how they will get numbers. No leadership, no protocol, let the school districts figure it out, it always works better on a local level.

Laughable, USA they chant. What a bunch of BS. Trump humping the flag and he could not give a fck.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which executive orders?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im not discounting that there were a lot of riots/looting. even still, they were dwarfed by the larger protests, and trump conflated them more than once, both before and after his rhetoric for military intervention (which came during a speech he gave just before gassing his own citizens so he could cross the street for a photo shoot)

categorically wrong.

you still dont know what that means. dude, you even posted the definition. here's another good primer

In his 1995 essay "Ur-Fascism", cultural theorist Umberto Eco lists fourteen general properties of fascist ideology.[20] He argues that it is not possible to organise these into a coherent system, but that "it is enough that one of them be present to allow fascism to coagulate around it". He uses the term "Ur-fascism" as a generic description of different historical forms of fascism. The fourteen properties are as follows:

1. "The Cult of Tradition", characterized by cultural syncretism, even at the risk of internal contradiction. When all truth has already been revealed by Tradition, no new learning can occur, only further interpretation and refinement.
    2. "The Rejection of modernism", which views the rationalistic development of Western culture since the Enlightenment as a descent into depravity. Eco distinguishes this from a rejection of superficial technological advancement, as many fascist regimes cite their industrial potency as proof of the vitality of their system.
    3. "The Cult of Action for Action's Sake", which dictates that action is of value in itself, and should be taken without intellectual reflection. This, says Eco, is connected with anti-intellectualism and irrationalism, and often manifests in attacks on modern culture and science.
    4. "Disagreement Is Treason" – Fascism devalues intellectual discourse and critical reasoning as barriers to action, as well as out of fear that such analysis will expose the contradictions embodied in a syncretistic faith.
    5. "Fear of Difference", which fascism seeks to exploit and exacerbate, often in the form of racism or an appeal against foreigners and immigrants.
    6. "Appeal to a Frustrated Middle Class", fearing economic pressure from the demands and aspirations of lower social groups.
    7. "Obsession with a Plot" and the hyping-up of an enemy threat. This often combines an appeal to xenophobia with a fear of disloyalty and sabotage from marginalized groups living within the society (such as the German elite's 'fear' of the 1930s Jewish populace's businesses and well-doings; see also anti-Semitism). Eco also cites Pat Robertson's book The New World Order as a prominent example of a plot obsession.
    8. Fascist societies rhetorically cast their enemies as "at the same time too strong and too weak." On the one hand, fascists play up the power of certain disfavored elites to encourage in their followers a sense of grievance and humiliation. On the other hand, fascist leaders point to the decadence of those elites as proof of their ultimate feebleness in the face of an overwhelming popular will.
    9. "Pacifism is Trafficking with the Enemy" because "Life is Permanent Warfare" – there must always be an enemy to fight. Both fascist Germany under Hitler and Italy under Mussolini worked first to organize and clean up their respective countries and then build the war machines that they later intended to and did use, despite Germany being under restrictions of the Versailles treaty to not build a military force. This principle leads to a fundamental contradiction within fascism: the incompatibility of ultimate triumph with perpetual war.
    10. "Contempt for the Weak", which is uncomfortably married to a chauvinistic popular elitism, in which every member of society is superior to outsiders by virtue of belonging to the in-group. Eco sees in these at udes the root of a deep tension in the fundamentally hierarchical structure of fascist polities, as they encourage leaders to despise their underlings, up to the ultimate Leader who holds the whole country in contempt for having allowed him to overtake it by force.
    11. "Everybody is Educated to Become a Hero", which leads to the embrace of a cult of death. As Eco observes, "[t]he Ur-Fascist hero is impatient to die. In his impatience, he more frequently sends other people to death."
    12. "Machismo", which sublimates the difficult work of permanent war and heroism into the sexual sphere. Fascists thus hold "both disdain for women and intolerance and condemnation of nonstandard sexual habits, from chas y to sexuality."
    13. "Selective Populism" – The People, conceived monolithically, have a Common Will, distinct from and superior to the viewpoint of any individual. As no mass of people can ever be truly unanimous, the Leader holds himself out as the interpreter of the popular will (though truly he dictates it). Fascists use this concept to delegitimize democratic ins utions they accuse of "no longer represent[ing] the Voice of the People."
    14. "Newspeak" – Fascism employs and promotes an impoverished vocabulary in order to limit critical reasoning.

I'm not fascist cos a guy wrote an essay

BTW, you fall into a lot of those categories at a glance.

Thread Information