Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anybody know where I can find some good pics of David Robinson vs those 3 players? I found a couple of good ones with him against MJ, but really couldn't find any with him and the other 2 guys. If you could help it would really be appreciated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MJ played, with a brief retirment, until 2001, so there would be many pictures of their matchups.. Both Bird and Magic were gone in the early 90s, due to health issues. I don't think David played Bird more than 5-6 times in their 3 year or so overlap. Magic would have been more times, being in the same conference, but he was not an active player any more during the Dream Team in 1992, having already retired. Call it maybe 10-12 games in their less than 3 year overlap.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for sharing that was fun to watch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think David’s first game was against Magic. Try looking that game up

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think David’s first game was against Magic. Try looking that game up
    I have, and I found a couple of pictures of him from that game, but none of them have Magic in them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw this last night. Thanks for posting it.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff.

It's still weird to see Spurs #21 that isn't Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Last edited by ace3g; 04-22-2020 at 10:41 PM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D-Rob could've been GOAT if he had been a better mid-range shooter. No reason that beast couldn't have averaged 40 PPG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D-Rob could've been GOAT if he had been a better mid-range shooter. No reason that beast couldn't have averaged 40 PPG.
    He was a decent mid range shooter wasn't he?
    Since he wasn't a post up center, he either took it to the rim or shot the midrange

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was a decent mid range shooter wasn't he?
    Since he wasn't a post up center, he either took it to the rim or shot the midrange
    By the numbers perhaps. The hitch in his shot made it unreliable. He was constantly missing open 17-footers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the numbers perhaps. The hitch in his shot made it unreliable. He was constantly missing open 17-footers.
    I liked his hitch tbh idk why

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked his hitch tbh idk why
    He was unreliable in the clutch. Someone should've smoothed his shot out. Nobody wanted to tell a superstar he wasn't good enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robinson was a great shooter. Midrange and free throws were strong. Combine that with his quickness and it’s understandable why he mostly did face up. His biggest issue is that he never had a Pippen during his prime years (his first 7yrs). It wasn’t hard for apposing teams to come up with a defensive game plan. He did an incredible job earning the stats he has. He needed every bit of that shooting and athletic ability to do what he did.

imagine if he had someone like Kevin Johnson, Reggie Miller, Gary Payton, or Clyde Drexler on his team with him then. He would be remembered much differently.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robinson was a great shooter. Midrange and free throws were strong. Combine that with his quickness and it’s understandable why he mostly did face up. His biggest issue is that he never had a Pippen during his prime years (his first 7yrs). It wasn’t hard for apposing teams to come up with a defensive game plan. He did an incredible job earning the stats he has. He needed every bit of that shooting and athletic ability to do what he did.

imagine if he had someone like Kevin Johnson, Reggie Miller, Gary Payton, or Clyde Drexler on his team with him then. He would be remembered much differently.
    Homer take. There was a lot of room for improvement. You know why he didn't have a turn around fadeaway?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Homer take. There was a lot of room for improvement. You know why he didn't have a turn around fadeaway?
    . Everyone can always improve. So everyone that doesn’t have a fade-away isn’t great? If he had a dirk fade-away he still wouldn’t have averaged 40ppg. The defensive schemes would’ve adjusted because no one else was a threat.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . Everyone can always improve.
    In this case there was a lot of room for improvement.

So everyone that doesn’t have a fade-away isn’t great?
    To answer the question, he doesn't have a great fadeaway because he bricked enough shots that teams were conceding straight-up jumpers to him. He never had to develop one. Dirk on the other hand. KD on the other hand. Bird on the other hand. Malone on the other hand. Olajuwon on the other hand. Etc.

If he had a dirk fade-away he still wouldn’t have averaged 40ppg.
    When he average 29.6 he was only a 50.7 FG shooter.
    He is the greatest athletic specimen besides maybe Wilt to ever enter the league. So, yea, the potential was there.

The defensive schemes would’ve adjusted because no one else was a threat.
    The 40 ppg is already accounting for defensive adjustments. If we're talking about teams foolishly not doubling in hypothetical world, then the ceiling is much higher.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elliot living up to his 3 pick of the draft status EVER(Yeah I know kidney's blah blah blah but the were compare him to Bird Magic in college and Danny Manning post injury had a higher ceiling than Sean Ever did)
    Elliot was one of the best college players I ever saw. I was disappointed that he didn't take his game to the next level in the pros. But at least he was serviceable / border-line all star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People forget that Prime 50 was the biggest greatest athletic freak of all times. No body like him before and none even close since(despite what sean says about that dude in Phoenix) too bad Red Let Brown go and didn't replace him with a competent head coach(Riley wanted the Job) That 89-90 team should have one 2 Chips with a coach like Riles or if Brown could have been reigned in. Then again if it doesn't happen the way it did for DRob Sa never sniffed Duncan. Red Mcombes. His being a good NBA owner was over when they built that ty ass Barn they call a Dome because he went full NFL mode in his mindset.
    I thought we had a legitimate shot at Chuck Daly as well. The dude LOVED Robinson. Rodman would’ve listened to him as well helping us win the chip in 95

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elliot living up to his 3 pick of the draft status EVER(Yeah I know kidney's blah blah blah but the were compare him to Bird Magic in college and Danny Manning post injury had a higher ceiling than Sean Ever did)
    He was a classic case of needed better coaching. Robinson was an all time great yet he struggled going through 6 coaches in 5 years. Elliot wasn’t nearly as talented as David so he needed the right coach from the get go. Had Pop coached him the entirety of his career I think he would’ve been a Pippen like player (assuming those knees held up).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People forget that Prime 50 was the biggest greatest athletic freak of all times. No body like him before and none even close since(despite what sean says about that dude in Phoenix
    Agreed. There's no other player quite like him in history. Garnett was more of a point-forward, but still not as athletic as Dave. Amar'e Stoudemire is merely a poor man's Robinson offensively, and not in the same universe defensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man CHUCK with Rodman and 50?. He FOR SURE puts Dennis on Hakeem in all second half situations. !!!!
    instead that Soap Opera actor looking coach had Rodman guarding shooters

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So great to see the Fat Ass get SHUT DOWN like the piece of that he is. I bet you this is one game that he never mentions!!! If I would have ever played in the NBA, the sole purpose of my career would have been to low-bridge his fat ass so that he lands on his neck and he has to get spoon-fed and have his daiper changed for the rest of his life.

Thread Information