Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CN made the excellent point that 3 was enough for Bauer, he'd been thru the Cubs once. He'd "won." Lift him there for Merritt and then cobble it together the rest of the way twixt Miller/Allen.

That there wasn't an appearance by Miller was Francona's fault. His and his alone.
    Asking for Miller and Allen to combine for six innings is ridiculous. If it were the 5th/6th inning, sure, but there's no way they win on the backs of those two throwing 45-50 pitches each.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    o can't set up the bullpen the way he wants if he only pulls his starter after three innings. He needed five out of Bauer in order to set things up the way he likes and he didn't get it. That's on Trevor Bauer.

Things still look good for the Indians. It isn't as if the Cubs had this huge breakout performance like in Game 4 of the NLCS. They still haven't done anything against anyone other than Bauer and Bauer is done for the series. Tribe is going to be at home with their two best starters and a bullpen that's loaded for bear. Everything sets up for them.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Asking for Miller and Allen to combine for six innings is ridiculous. If it were the 5th/6th inning, sure, but there's no way they win on the backs of those two throwing 45-50 pitches each.
    I never said Bauer should have been yanked that early, tbh. Merritt should have started.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    o can't set up the bullpen the way he wants if he only pulls his starter after three innings. He needed five out of Bauer in order to set things up the way he likes and he didn't get it. That's on Trevor Bauer.

Things still look good for the Indians. It isn't as if the Cubs had this huge breakout performance like in Game 4 of the NLCS. They still haven't done anything against anyone other than Bauer and Bauer is done for the series. Tribe is going to be at home with their two best starters and a bullpen that's loaded for bear. Everything sets up for them.
    Yep. They still haven't solved your bullpen. But they were taking much better swings and approaches last night (aside from Baez, who is still mentally scrambled at the plate). They just have to hope Tomlin folds under the pressure and jump on him quick. Arrieta can also be shaky, so he's by no means a lock to limit to the Indians.

Think it's a 50/50 game. Maybe Cubs go into it a very, very slight favorite.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I never said Bauer should have been yanked that early, tbh. Merritt should have started.
    Damn, I missed that completely. I saw the inset comparing the first go around of the lineup with the second and took for granted you wanted Merritt to come in twixt.

Sorry about that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

No, it's not a set up issue. It's a race to 4. He's got 3. They only had 1. Now? They got 2.

Count back from 9 till you may go to Miller/Allen.

Maddon counted back from 9 and sent Chapman in the 7th.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Damn, I missed that completely. I saw the inset comparing the first go around of the lineup with the second and took for granted you wanted Merritt to come in twixt.

Sorry about that.
    My point was that someone who can only face the lineup once before melting down shouldn't get the nod to start a potential World Series clincher.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Chapman threw over 40.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chapman threw over 40.
    Chapman used to be a starting pitcher so he's used to throwing over twice that if need be. Plus, the Cubs had their back against the wall; they had to go with their best or risk their season ending last night.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My point was that someone who can only face the lineup once before melting down shouldn't get the nod to start a potential World Series clincher.
    But, that's my point. A second go round is indicative. Use that indicator to essentially pull the rug out from under Cub's batter at 1-0. When you start Bauer, you're not starting someone who fits the mold. Your success was with the run scored and him pitching a shutout. Do not permit him to melt down. You won. It was over. Not over over, but over. Let Merritt, or, Shaw erect the bridge to Miller/Allen and end it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Chapman used to be a starting pitcher so he's used to throwing over twice that if need be. Plus, the Cubs had their back against the wall; they had to go with their best or risk their season ending last night.
    And that's how Francona must approach 5,6,7. Miller/Allen have each thrown over 40 pitches this season. Send 'em. They'll obey. They were waiting for Francona.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that's how Francona must approach 5,6,7. Miller/Allen have each thrown over 40 pitches this season. Send 'em. They'll obey. They were waiting for Francona.
    Better to have them well-rested for two at home then risk having them worn out in a game that would've been an uphill battle regardless. If he's unwilling to use them extendedly in 6/7, then there's a problem.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Better to have them well-rested for two at home then risk having them worn out in a game that would've been an uphill battle regardless. If he's unwilling to use them extendedly in 6/7, then there's a problem.
    But with today being an off day and Wednesday adrenaline day he missed his opportunity yesterday at 1-0 to engage the set triggers and end it. It swerved into sight after the 3rd inning ended. He could see the 9th from there. Deny the Cubs the repeat look at Bauer.

What's done is done. Just hope they don't blow the doors off Tomlin with firsties tomorrow nite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lose the curveball Tribe pitcher 1st inning.
    Sheesh 3 rips in a row.
    Is that your only pitch?

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Welp. Really feels like Francona lost this series when he didn't start Merritt last game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Farkin-A.
    If i wanted to watch high school baseball i would.
    "I got it no you take it."

Ruled a double.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But with today being an off day and Wednesday adrenaline day he missed his opportunity yesterday at 1-0 to engage the set triggers and end it. It swerved into sight after the 3rd inning ended. He could see the 9th from there. Deny the Cubs the repeat look at Bauer.

What's done is done. Just hope they don't blow the doors off Tomlin with firsties tomorrow nite.
    tee, hee.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Welp. Really feels like Francona lost this series when he didn't start Merritt last game.

He lost it when he didn't lift Bauer after 3 and bull rush the front gate. The entire pitching staff (((including Kluber))) was available.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bottom of 2nd:::Media just havin' the time of their lives now. All good now. Mother ers.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    He lost it when he didn't lift Bauer after 3 and bull rush the front gate. The entire pitching staff (((including Kluber))) was available.
    There's no way he was ever going to wear out all their pitchers. Maybe if it was Game 7. But that early in the series? No way.

Francona should have started the guy that the Cubs hadn't seen yet, not the proven choke artist. But he got too caught up in "old-school" thinking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, 7-game series here we come. Dis gettin gud.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    They did NOT just compare Schwarber to Babe ing Ruth. Media needs to get the Cubs' out of their throats.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Damn, Naquin is trash in all phases.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Cubs starting to choke a little bit here.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    There's no way he was ever going to wear out all their pitchers. Maybe if it was Game 7. But that early in the series? No way.

Francona should have started the guy that the Cubs hadn't seen yet, not the proven choke artist. But he got too caught up in "old-school" thinking.
    I would have started Merritt too, mainly because I can't stand Trevor Bauer, his Jay Cutler face and his Twitter trash-talk while he s himself on the mound. But what's done is done.

If the Cubs come back and win this series, give them credit. They'll have proven themselves the better club. But we've still got one more to play after tonight.

Thread Information