Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I’m hoping you guys can help me understand something that happened to me today...My husband contacted a tree trimming service and had them come out to give an estimate yesterday. We showed him what we wanted, he called last night to give a price, we said ok. He said he’d be over today, late morning. I told my husband to be sure to tell him to ring the doorbell so I could make sure my dogs were all inside before he went into the backyard. My husband also told him that since he would not be home I wanted to walk around and check the work before I wrote the check. He said fine. So he shows up, ring the doorbell. I open the door “You getting started?” He replies “Can you lock your dogs outside because I have to come in and use the restroom” Ummm NO. I said to go ahead and go to the gas station then come back. He just laughed and walked back to his truck. And he never went anywhere. SO WTF was that?!?

Im asking you guys because although I know lots of men () you all know more and probably know some guys that do this kind of thing. Its not the first time. A few years ago a guy did the same thing, I let him in (he didnt know my husband was home) and he just went and stood in the bathroom for like 2 seconds then walked out!

Is it just to see if they can get inside the house?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I ain't sayin' nothin'.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I’m hoping you guys can help me understand something that happened to me today...My husband contacted a tree trimming service and had them come out to give an estimate yesterday. We showed him what we wanted, he called last night to give a price, we said ok. He said he’d be over today, late morning. I told my husband to be sure to tell him to ring the doorbell so I could make sure my dogs were all inside before he went into the backyard. My husband also told him that since he would not be home I wanted to walk around and check the work before I wrote the check. He said fine. So he shows up, ring the doorbell. I open the door “You getting started?” He replies “Can you lock your dogs outside because I have to come in and use the restroom” Ummm NO. I said to go ahead and go to the gas station then come back. He just laughed and walked back to his truck. And he never went anywhere. SO WTF was that?!?

Im asking you guys because although I know lots of men () you all know more and probably know some guys that do this kind of thing. Its not the first time. A few years ago a guy did the same thing, I let him in (he didnt know my husband was home) and he just went and stood in the bathroom for like 2 seconds then walked out!

I'm gonna go ahead and tag in our resident sociopath and sexual predator Fabbs to get his expert analysis on these actions..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

If you ever use the Nextdoor app, you will see the amount of reports of shady people out there.. Whether they are contractors, or walking door to door.. they get recorded on people's Ring doorbells etc. and get posted doing strange creeper things like ringing the doorbells and standing out of their view, or holding their finger over the camera..

I know a ton of people are just not aware of how weird they can be, but you would also be naive to think that a good portion of these people aren't also looking for opportunities to scope out houses or even worse, a chance to get laid. I would never leave my GF in charge of dealing with contractors, especially one not employed by a reputable company.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm gonna go ahead and tag in our resident sociopath and sexual predator Fabbs to get his expert analysis on these actions..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Maybe he wanted to wash his hands/face

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If you ever use the Nextdoor app, you will see the amount of reports of shady people out there.. Whether they are contractors, or walking door to door.. they get recorded on people's Ring doorbells etc. and get posted doing strange creeper things like ringing the doorbells and standing out of their view, or holding their finger over the camera..

I know a ton of people are just not aware of how weird they can be, but you would also be naive to think that a good portion of these people aren't also looking for opportunities to scope out houses or even worse, a chance to get laid. I would never leave my GF in charge of dealing with contractors, especially one not employed by a reputable company.
    I couldnt control the notifications on that app! Made me bonkers so I got rid of it, but yea I remember some creepy stuff going around on it. I may add my 2 cents to it now.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Maybe he wanted to wash his hands/face
    Good point, he was doing yard work after all. Still not a good enough reason to get into my house and seems a bit imposing on the customer, no?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Cue the projection meme

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

LOL. This reads pretty funny if you just add quotes around tree trimming. So it says, My husband contacted a "tree trimming" service. And then assume the whole thing is talking about some sex service.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Seriously though, he probably had to poop and just didn't want to go at the gas station. And then decided to just hold it if he couldn't throw stool in your house.
    LOL..."throw stool". TM

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The laughing part is weird though.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Seriously though, he probably had to poop and just didn't want to go at the gas station. And then decided to just hold it if he couldn't throw stool in your house.
    LOL..."throw stool". TM
    Nope, throwing stool isnt a good enough reason either.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nope, throwing stool isnt a good enough reason either.
    Oh I agree it's not a good reason.

Sort of on topic...my dad had just passed away and we were having an estate sale. Some guy came in and asked if he could use the restroom. I assumed 1) he was going to look around after he went and 2) he was going to pee.

Nope. He walked right out of restroom, through the front door, and to his car. I thought that was weird and went to the bathroom to see if he had stolen anything (not that there was anything in there to steal). Anyway, as soon as I got to the hallway, I could smell what he had done. It was brutally offensive.

At first, I thought "what an asshole". But then later, I kind of thought that was a funny shtick.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Good point, he was doing yard work after all. Still not a good enough reason to get into my house and seems a bit imposing on the customer, no?
    Technicians/service providers who are at a house on job are NOT supposed to ask to use customers' restrooms for any reason. Doing so will get you fired at all major cable/internet companies. You're supposed to go to the bathroom at the company office and other places, but never customers' personal bathrooms. It's common courtesy.

There's a good chance the guy was looking for a private spot to stake out your house and plot something fairly malicious for his own personal/financial gain. It's a damn good thing you didn't let him in. You hear stories like this all the time that end in either the homeowner(s) or intruders (or a combination of both) getting killed and wounded. Never, ever, let a stranger use your personal restroom or frankly any private/enclosed space in your house by themselves. Best case scenario they leave a nasty smell/feeling as they invaded your personal space, worst case scenario you're in the back of a hearse the next day.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Probably wanted to scope out the medicine cabinet.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    I've never understood why servicemen think it's acceptable to ask if they can use the restroom. Is it really that hard to understand why most people wouldn't want a serviceman who's sweaty and smelly as from working outside (and who's diet likely consists of a footlong burrito for lunch every day) coming into their house to punish their toilet?

It also definitely happens to women who are home alone a lot more often because they know the woman is likely to say yet in order to avoid confrontation. A man won't have any issue saying no even if it results in awkwardness.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I couldnt control the notifications on that app! Made me bonkers so I got rid of it, but yea I remember some creepy stuff going around on it. I may add my 2 cents to it now.
    Yeah, the app.. that site is predominantly run by animal obsessed zealots, so you will have dumb s sending "urgent" alerts at 3:00 AM because they saw someone's dog loose.. Don't use the app, just open a browser and access the site to avoid the notification issue.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Cue the projection meme
    You already know it's coming..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, the app.. that site is predominantly run by animal obsessed zealots, so you will have dumb s sending "urgent" alerts at 3:00 AM because they saw someone's dog loose.. Don't use the app, just open a browser and access the site to avoid the notification issue.
    There was a thread on ours that began with a woman who's dog got out and got pregnant and she was looking for a home for the eventual puppies. Turned into a 50 post thread with most of it consisting of lecturing her about how irresponsible she was by 1) not spaying her pet and 2) letting her dig out.

It's not going to surprise me if at some point, someone gets killed because of NextDoor. Starting arguments with strangers that live near you AND know your name and address is not advisable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    He did it because he trims trees for a living and lacks social or professional courtesy. instead of grabbing the lowest bidder, go with a reputable firm.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    too true. That's exactly what I do.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    too true. That's exactly what I do.
    Do you tie yours to ST responses?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Do you tie yours to ST responses?
    That makes no sense.

Sorry.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I've never understood why servicemen think it's acceptable to ask if they can use the restroom. Is it really that hard to understand why most people wouldn't want a serviceman who's sweaty and smelly as from working outside (and who's diet likely consists of a footlong burrito for lunch every day) coming into their house to punish their toilet?

It also definitely happens to women who are home alone a lot more often because they know the woman is likely to say yet in order to avoid confrontation. A man won't have any issue saying no even if it results in awkwardness.
    Exactly. When I owned a home, I made sure I'm always home for service or else no one is. Never, ever, leave the woman by herself. If you must be gone, make sure you have a guy friend or male family member home.

I'm the kind of guy who presents pocket aces even when I have seven-deuce offsuit in the hole. But that's the thing with guys, servicemen can't do jack because you've always got to assume a male homeowner/home renter will have a gun as a last resort in case of confrontation. But male servicemen know they can run all over women.

Thread Information