Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isiah Thomas bothched inbounds 1987 stolen by Bird? Nope was ECFs not Finals.

James Worthy failing to get clean inbounds 1984 vs Celtics in Finals. Nope, was Game 2.

Bill Buckner between the legs?

Ya, I hate to say it but if Twinky Curry hits that final shot I think it moves DGreen to near Buckner status.
    I myself enjoyed this Finals with the end of the Fake Dynasty on so many levels. Would have been super disappointed and can only imagine the continued media run if they had won after the Green turnover.

Whaddaya think?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None. He’s not relevant enough to have a “legacy”

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If the Warriors had won the series he would have been Bill Buckner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None. He’s not relevant enough to have a “legacy”
    To the contrary he had the at the time record for treys in the 2013 Finals Championship.
    Oops I mean Finals loss. (Is there also a Ginobili icon?) LOL
    Likewise he got healthy minutes in the few real Championships lately, one of the GOAT teams 2014 Spurs. (2016 Bron Cavs too).

He's got a legacy even if he is not any where near star status.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Unfortunately, OP’s legacy is making ty threads like this for two decades.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you look at it from the reverse angle, Siakam had stone hands on that play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps, but also a very ty pass.
    Green also had the option of dribbling.
    Instead he lets Gaymond approach him like Gaymond is a caged ape and Danny is behind the glass. Competely gives up his position. FFS dribble it or stick an elbow and leg out to give yourself some room and fend off Gaymond. It was like a QB being rushed who just stood there frozen flat footed then tossed out some last second desperation pass for the 4th down incomplete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch VanVleet coming to the top of the key and towords Danny.
    Wide wide open.
    Danny let himself get spooked by Gaymond.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps, but also a very ty pass.
    Green also had the option of dribbling.
    Instead he lets Gaymond approach him like Gaymond is a caged ape and Danny is behind the glass. Competely gives up his position. FFS dribble it or stick an elbow and leg out to give yourself some room and fend off Gaymond. It was like a QB being rushed who just stood there frozen flat footed then tossed out some last second desperation pass for the 4th down incomplete.
    Passing to VF would've been the composed play to make. But Siakim still should've done better with that pass.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a terribly drawn play by Nick Nurse. He knew that the Warriors were going to double Kawhi in the backcourt (or he ought to have known). Why not have VF back to help (your actual dribbler)? Why have the smaller DG as the outlet pass instead of the taller Siakim there to get the ball? Green should've been further down the court or not playing at all. I forget if Marc Gasol had fouled out; but he would've been a better option.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite the screw ups and Curry tripping over his feet and getting the foul call the Raptors still held on. That reminds of another game 6 where a larger lead wasn't able to be maintained.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite the screw ups and Curry tripping over his feet and getting the foul call the Raptors still held on. That reminds of another game 6 where a larger lead wasn't able to be maintained.
    How about Cousins taking down Ibaka WWE style and then running into and then pushing a completely there and feet set early Lowry at the low block? You know when Mike Breen says a Warrior call could have perhaps gone against them that it's egregious.

Anyhow what is your vote on Green all time if Twinky hits that final Dubs shot?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    He looked like . Too inconsistent. Receives minutes dependent on his on the ball Defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately, OP’s legacy is making ty threads like this for two decades.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which DG was also a part of

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it would have been a big one, if danny green had a legacy. unfortunately he dodged the legacy-making bullet in the 2013 finals.

green's combined 3-pt shooting for first 5 games of the series --- 25/38
    greens combined fg percentage for games 6 and 7 --- 2/19

had he had shot anything close to decent in either of the last 2 games, spurs would have won the le and danny green fmvp.

but, such is the nature of danny green.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it would have been a big one, if danny green had a legacy. unfortunately he dodged the legacy-making bullet in the 2013 finals.

had he had shot anything close to decent in either of the last 2 games, spurs would have won the le and danny green fmvp.

That's the nature of all role players

Trevor Ariza just had to make like 2 3s in game 7 and Houston could have won a le..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's pretty awful at this stage.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the nature of all role players

Trevor Ariza just had to make like 2 3s in game 7 and Houston could have won a le..
    And when the Laker's won in '09 Ariza was unconscious from 3pt land. It's interesting how role players can make all the difference. The Derek Fisher and Robert Horry's of the world.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't tell me that the Warriors weren't paying attention, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still mad at Pop for overusing Green and forcing Miami to adjust their defense. Leaving him in to make all those meaningless threes in the Game 3 blowout was so egregious.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still mad at Pop for overusing Green and forcing Miami to adjust their defense. Leaving him in to make all those meaningless threes in the Game 3 blowout was so egregious.
    Miami making Green their highest priority helped Duncan go off in games 6 and 7, tbh..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about Cousins taking down Ibaka WWE style and then running into and then pushing a completely there and feet set early Lowry at the low block? You know when Mike Breen says a Warrior call could have perhaps gone against them that it's egregious.

Anyhow what is your vote on Green all time if Twinky hits that final Dubs shot?
    Agree Counsins was going WWE to try to get that ring. In Game 5 I think he a had some questionable plays at the end as well.

As far as DG I think you have to put some blame on Nurse for putting him in that situation. You need guys who can dribble to break a trap in that situation and he obviously can't. It's weird because it seems his offensive game seems to have regressed. I think he used to sometimes play backup PG for the Spurs. He was thoroughly outplayed by FVV and they didn't lose that much defensively with him not out there.
    At the same time you have to give him game 6 MVP for taking out Klay Thompson. I think if Klay hadn't got hurt they probably would have gone to a game 7. Klay was pulling up from 30 feet in a fastbreak and getting nothing but net. He had 30 points on 12 shots.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami making Green their highest priority helped Duncan go off in games 6 and 7, tbh..
    He had to with Green not getting the looks. Duncan is always going to be productive. Leaving Green in for meaningless minutes was stupid.

Thread Information