Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice of god to be so shifty about it.
    I didn’t realize GOD owed you or anyone of us an explanation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's there to understand about your imaginary god's sense of justice? he woke up one morning and decided to waste tens of thousand of people because he felt slighted?

that's one pent up, vengeful mother er. this is the guy that tells you to turn the other cheek? sorry, this isn't serious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's extra convenient

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "he works in mysterious ways"... woooo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's there to understand about your imaginary god's sense of justice? he woke up one morning and decided to waste tens of thousand of people because he felt slighted?

that's one pent up, vengeful mother er. this is the guy that tells you to turn the other cheek? sorry, this isn't serious.
    Didn't know you moved to LA. I'm a bit inland. People behaving in the city proper?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even if a pious person prayed for it?

Pretty selfish of him tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "he works in mysterious ways"... woooo

But gave us free will so were on our own down here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't know you moved to LA. I'm a bit inland. People behaving in the city proper?
    I'm more westside... haven't gone out much lately, but the time I've, looks pretty dead.. so I guess that's affirmative.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Nice of god to be so shifty about it. What does he have to hide?
    That’s just GOD testing your faith!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm more westside... haven't gone out much lately, but the time I've, looks pretty dead.. so I guess that's affirmative.
    Your favorite player MVTurner putting in the work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Right, because YOU know what’s in the heart of everyone on earth. Everyone who has ever lived and died. Again, where was this sense of injustice for any number of other diseases that ravage mankind, year after year? Why single out CoViD-19 as if it were particularly nefarious? The corrupt nature of this fallen world is its own fury and yet you seem to think that 50 million aborted humans per year is peachy.

And convenience? You want to talk convenience? You have no moral authority over anything when you give yourself the convenience of deciding what morality flies. GOD’s moral compass is set, it is ABSOLUTE. For you all moral relativists in here, if everything were true (everyone lives by their own truth or we can change it collectively as a society) then nothing is.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Right, because YOU know what’s in the heart of everyone on earth. Everyone who has ever lived and died. Again, where was this sense of injustice for any number of other diseases that ravage mankind, year after year? Why single out CoViD-19 as if it were particularly nefarious? The corrupt nature of this fallen world is its own fury and yet you seem to think that 50 million aborted humans per year is peachy.

And convenience? You want to talk convenience? You have no moral authority over anything when you give yourself the convenience of deciding what morality flies. GOD’s moral compass is set, it is ABSOLUTE. For you all moral relativists in here, if everything were true (everyone lives by their own truth or we can change it collectively as a society) then nothing is.
    & that's the gut punch of (abortion).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't know you moved to LA.
    why do you think i left, tbh?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you remember asking to be here before you were born?

I did not ask to be here. So we have some choices on how to think about this now that we can think about it.
    It seems people have distributed one of the most widely read books on an explanation for our presence.
    Others have a fairly concise largely biological way of thinking about this.

But you are a Christian and have been given no way to ponder the issue of being here? No guidance? So it appears you have been given and explanation on this. So we can’t ask anymore even though we have had no choice in being here?
    Last edited by pgardn; 03-23-2020 at 10:52 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You don't have any more moral authority than anybody else to be pointing fingers at anything.

Furthermore, yes, it's extremely convenient that when you're pressed about why your god is a son of a , you don't have answers, but when you have to justify this , you're ready to start pointing fingers at abortions and all of your own political pet peeves. You need to make up your mind, you know your god or you do not.

So drop the hypocrisy, nobody is buying what you're selling. You know absolutely nothing about your own imaginary god, no matter how much you pretend to, you just need every excuse to have something to believe in, and it really bothers the out of you that other people don't follow your cult.

Stay in your room, pray to whoever you want to pray to, and spare us the moral high horse bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why do you think i left, tbh?
    lulz... need to meet up with mid if he's up to it once this is over.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You would think there was some Judeo-Christian sense of fairness that lies as a rock under all of this, but apparently not.
    Or only when we want it to.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Imagine the pile of mush someone must have in lieu of a functioning brain in order to type and actually believe all of this gobbledygook.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

How much you wanna bet this guy is cool with mass shootings because muh guns and thinks he’s reflecting God’s moral compass there too

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    How much you wanna bet this guy is cool with mass shootings because muh guns and thinks he’s reflecting God’s moral compass there too
    it’s remarkable how all the Bible bots in this country are fervently against abortion but don’t give two s about mass shootings, unnecessary wars, or disease.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't have any more moral authority than anybody else to be pointing fingers at anything.

Furthermore, yes, it's extremely convenient that when you're pressed about why your god is a son of a , you don't have answers, but when you have to justify this , you're ready to start pointing fingers at abortions and all of your own political pet peeves. You need to make up your mind, you know your god or you do not.

So drop the hypocrisy, nobody is buying what you're selling. You know absolutely nothing about your own imaginary god, no matter how much you pretend to, you just need every excuse to have something to believe in, and it really bothers the out of you that other people don't follow your cult.

Stay in your room, pray to whoever you want to pray to, and spare us the moral high horse bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That’s just it you stone deaf fool. I’m not claiming to have any moral authority of my own - I’m simply pointing to GOD’s. And I, along with millions of other Christians do understand the context of GOD’s supreme and Righteous Justice - Scripture reveals what it is. But NONE of you here are willing to have an open conversation about what that actually entails. I’ve been on this board since 2004, lurking since 2002 and not a single one of you all suddenly developed atheism - all of you all were atheists/agnostics long before I posted a single word on this board. So spare me the mockery of claiming that ANY of you have ever been willing to understand Scripture when all you all ever do is mock it. Your continual attempts to justify your disbelief is fervently consistent.

Furthermore, I’m not trying to sell you or anyone else here anything. I came in here asking a legitimate question about the conflation of coronavirus deaths with influenza deaths if post-mortem testing isn’t always being conducted. And instead of addressing the point directly you all skirt the question and go directly to mocking GOD. It’s a broken record. But you all justify this uncivil behavior by assuming that because your mockery is supported by the rest of the board atheists that it must be warranted and that it must be truth. Your mob fallacy here doesn’t elevate your own beliefs above my own. I’m perfectly at peace in the midst of this storm, because my trust is placed in GOD.

I’m still shaking my head at how you all claim to understand GOD’s motives while simultaneously asserting your unbelief. The absurdity of your position eludes you all. You all attribute GOD with injustice and don’t even KNOW HIM; you all have never sought to truly know HIM. You all collectively plug your ears and yell “la la la la la la la la” anytime someone has tried to explain HIS character, or HIS Truth. So you all can continue mockingly calling GOD unjust, but all you all are really doing is grandstanding your own folly.

Last but not least, no one has countered why you all believe infanticide is justifiable. Your collective plea to pin GOD for this disease and call HIM unjust while believing infanticide is fine NULLIFIES your position. You all have no ground to stand on. I don’t promote death so quit projecting “your own political pet peeves” on to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    24Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. 26What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? 27For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

Matthew 16:24-27

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    24Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. 26What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? 27For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

Matthew 16:24-27
    no joy, no happiness, all endless suffering, burdened with guilt, dragging around a mythical cross for some unprovable, unknown fantasy.

Christianity is all about political, social control, a power game, dictated by people who claim God talks to them and who always need lots of money.

and, yawn, if you don't do as we dictate, you're going to .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s just it you stone deaf fool. I’m not claiming to have any moral authority of my own - I’m simply pointing to GOD’s. And I, along with millions of other Christians do understand the context of GOD’s supreme and Righteous Justice - Scripture reveals what it is. But NONE of you here are willing to have an open conversation about what that actually entails. I’ve been on this board since 2004, lurking since 2002 and not a single one of you all suddenly developed atheism - all of you all were atheists/agnostics long before I posted a single word on this board. So spare me the mockery of claiming that ANY of you have ever been willing to understand Scripture when all you all ever do is mock it. Your continual attempts to justify your disbelief is fervently consistent.

Furthermore, I’m not trying to sell you or anyone else here anything. I came in here asking a legitimate question about the conflation of coronavirus deaths with influenza deaths if post-mortem testing isn’t always being conducted. And instead of addressing the point directly you all skirt the question and go directly to mocking GOD. It’s a broken record. But you all justify this uncivil behavior by assuming that because your mockery is supported by the rest of the board atheists that it must be warranted and that it must be truth. Your mob fallacy here doesn’t elevate your own beliefs above my own. I’m perfectly at peace in the midst of this storm, because my trust is placed in GOD.

I’m still shaking my head at how you all claim to understand GOD’s motives while simultaneously asserting your unbelief. The absurdity of your position eludes you all. You all attribute GOD with injustice and don’t even KNOW HIM; you all have never sought to truly know HIM. You all collectively plug your ears and yell “la la la la la la la la” anytime someone has tried to explain HIS character, or HIS Truth. So you all can continue mockingly calling GOD unjust, but all you all are really doing is grandstanding your own folly.

Last but not least, no one has countered why you all believe infanticide is justifiable. Your collective plea to pin GOD for this disease and call HIM unjust while believing infanticide is fine NULLIFIES your position. You all have no ground to stand on. I don’t promote death so quit projecting “your own political pet peeves” on to me.
    Sure you are. You even claim to speak for your own god, that's how far the delusion goes. Millions also claim to to understand Allah's, not your god, supreme and righteous justice, and speak for him. Then all of you think you're enlightened because your read fairy tales from books written by other humans, who, I might add, also think they talked to or speak for god. So spare me the bull , if this would be a new cult, you'll be handed some Clozapine and sent home, if not locked up eventually.

And let's not gloss over the fact that no matter what you claim you came here for, you were quick to drop your political pet peeves in the name of some butthurt, schizo god. I'm shaking my head how you pretend to even know what your god motives are. Much less how you even think you can shake your head at anybody when it comes to your own god, of which you know nothing about. You got second and third hand accounts from people you don't know or even pretend to know. I read science fiction all the time, I don't shake my head at anybody because they don't understand why the Klingons are bad people. Nor should any sane person.

But you should be free to believe in whatever you want. What you're not free to do is come here and think we're gonna take that your high horse bull based on your delusion is some kind of revelation. I won't. I get it, you're a fanatic that needs help, that's no excuse.

And ofcourse you have to close up your argument dropping your political pet peeve again It doesn't work like that. You don't get to make an argument for your god, you can tell him to show up and make him himself, or you're simply talking for yourself and out of your ass. You also have zero authority to define who has a moral high ground for anything. You don't get to appoint yourself the arbiter of anything because you read fairy tales, period.

Thread Information