Page 8 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Embid is great and is probably 20 to 30% better than LMA. For how long with LMA age and Embid injury history is unknown. The issue is to get Embid will cost you far more than 30% to trade for him.

On another topic, I ing told you all that T Harris is a waste of money. Don't moan you have DD. This team would be a mess if we had Harris instead.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    It's starting to look now like that shot by Kawhi over Embiid in game 7 last year might've ended The Process. If that shot misses and the Sixers win in OT, they probably go on to beat the depleted Warriors and win the championship... then, all the salary issues, personalities, etc. are forgotten.
    should be the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Sixers possibly blowing up their team ... any chance to trade for one of their stars Embid or Simmons?
    Sixers would choose to keep Embid over Simmons. And they desperately need shooters. Lucky for us we have beli, Forbes and Mills. 👍

On a serious note, and unfortunately I can foresee a big trade coming. Beal to Sixers with future 1st from Warriors. Wiggins to Wizards with Warriors 2nd overall pick. Simmons to Warriors.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's starting to look now like that shot by Kawhi over Embiid in game 7 last year might've ended The Process. If that shot misses and the Sixers win in OT, they probably go on to beat the depleted Warriors and win the championship... then, all the salary issues, personalities, etc. are forgotten. Ironic thing is the Sixers starters actually outplayed the Toronto starting five in that game. Every Sixer starter had a positive +/- in that game and every Raptor starter except for Lowry had a negative +/-. Toronto's only two bench players that night were Van Vleet (+10) and Ibaka (+22). Philadelphia played three bench players very limited minutes, but it was enough to lose the game, with James Ennis and Mike Scott at at -8 and -12, and Greg Monroe incredibly at -9 in only 1:41 minutes of playing time. After that series, Jimmy Butler leaves, apparently frustrated with the team's work ethic, and the team is never the same.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...905120TOR.html
    Shots like that tend to break a franchise. It's why I'm always amazed how the Duncan era Spurs were able bounce back from those type of horrific loses ala .4, Dirk's and 1 play, Ray Allen shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixers would choose to keep Embid over Simmons. And they desperately need shooters. Lucky for us we have beli, Forbes and Mills. 

On a serious note, and unfortunately I can foresee a big trade coming. Beal to Sixers with future 1st from Warriors. Wiggins to Wizards with Warriors 2nd overall pick. Simmons to Warriors.
    I think the Warriors will trade that pick too. Curry, Thompson, and Green will turn 33, 32, and 32 next season. They want to win another championship now. Wiggins plus the #2 pick could bring some serious role players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shots like that tend to break a franchise. It's why I'm always amazed how the Duncan era Spurs were able bounce back from those type of horrific loses ala .4, Dirk's and 1 play, Ray Allen shot.
    Yeah 'bounce back' with a championship each of those times. It ain't how you fall, it's how you get back up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just hit me that, no matter how much we improve in the offseason, making the playoffs next season will be a real challenge. Warriors, Lakers, Clippers, Rockets, Mavs, Nuggets, Jazz, Blazers, Thunder, and even Suns, Grizzlies and Kings. The Spurs would have to finish above 5 of these 12 teams to make the playoffs. After the play in the bubble many of us, including me, thought that if we would have played this lineup all season we would have made the playoffs, and it's true because of the Warriors being out of the picture and a team like the Blazers underperforming, but I don't know if not playing Forbes and Belinelli will be enough to make the playoffs next season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic is the real deal. Age 21. Triple double, 43 points (with only 5 FTs to shoot), buzzer beater in the PO. This guy will bring rings to the Mavs.

Draft 2018 looks more and more like Draft 1984, Marvin Bagley the new Sam Bowie (not sure the ceiling of Ayton is the same than the Dream BTW).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Warriors will trade that pick too. Curry, Thompson, and Green will turn 33, 32, and 32 next season. They want to win another championship now. Wiggins plus the #2 pick could bring some serious role players.
    Trade back maybe, but would they really trade the number 2 pick outright for anything less than a star?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixers would choose to keep Embid over Simmons. And they desperately need shooters. Lucky for us we have beli, Forbes and Mills. 👍

It feels to me like the sixers are going to keep Simmons over Embid. I dont think they should but I think that's what they are going to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Could we trade Pop for picks and/or a player? He should be worth at least Levert

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not impossible, kings got a second rounder from the knicks for their GM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We could probably get their first rd pick for Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Could we trade Pop for picks and/or a player? He should be worth at least Levert
    Do it Mitch! I mean, RC.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep Pop; trade DDR,LMA, DJM and RG. We have a starting core of DW, LW, need sf ( maybe Jeremy Grant ), TL, Poodle. Keldon 6 man........ Luka hopefully takes a jump also.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why put white back at point when hes thriving at the shooting guard role at least get a PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why put white back at point when hes thriving at the shooting guard role at least get a PG.
    so that it can have a high usage and put beautiful stats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No surprises here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Philly looked terrible against Boston looked like they didn’t even want to be playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    11m
    Sources: The NBA has set offseason rules for the 22 teams in Orlando once eliminated:
    - Team facility open for voluntary workouts for players under contract; up to four at a time
    - One staff member per individual workout
    - Coronavirus testing is optional; at team's expense

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When it comes to drafts, I always look for sleepers. I'll step in and make an early one. Keep an eye on Kenyon Martin Jr.

I've come to be a big believer in guys whose fathers were NBA players. Junior is coming straight out of one of those athlete prep schools. I think he's serious about being drafted, and not just doing one of those deals where they test the waters and then go to college if they aren't going to get drafted high enough. A lot of second round picks get sold for cash, and if I were the Spurs I would do that in a heartbeat to pick him up. If he falls out of the draft, which is more likely, I would have him on speed-dial for a two-way.

He's a of an athlete, and he's got those NBA genes. I think he'll be on an NBA roster, sooner or later, and he could even develop into a really good player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he's the best player we have at running an offense, and one of the only ones that can really step up with the ball in his hands. He's got above average size and defensive qualities for a PG and would be a mismatch there, and clearly understands the balance between scoring and distributing, can handle the P&R, set up teammates, etc.

Of course, if BPA this draft at #11 is Hayes, you take him and work it out with White at the 2, but the best thing for this team would be getting an actual, solid 3, so that not only you can maximize White's production at the 1 (hopefully benching Murray as bench "PG"), but also slide Keldon and Lonnie into their natural 2 positions. Keldon in particular would be a beast and nightmare matchup at the 2. And of course, you can still play Keldon/Lonnie at the 3 when Drafted Wing sits, or matchup-depending, it's just good to have that flexibility. If you draft a PG instead, while it certainly has its benefits, you're taking the ball away from players who need it to develop their games, whilst losing out on maximizing positional advantage, given our guard's abilities. I'd much rather draft a 3, or 4, or 5, obviously contingent on BPA not being too different one position from the other.

The real conundrum for the Spurs is Dejounte. He actively makes things more complicated from a team-building point, and I don't see a role for him in the starters going forward, mainly because he just can't do anything at an above-average level in order to fit into a niche. Not enough playmaking/handles/vision to be a true PG, not nearly enough shooting to be a real SG, not anything to play the 3+. I'm willing to give him another season to sort things out, but the more I look at the team, the more I'm starting to hope the Spurs make a package including Murray to trade up or get a second pick, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So this is the best (semi)realistic trade I could come up with:

Warriors trade 2 and Wiggins for Murray, Gay and 11 (with maybe a future pick)

Spurs trade Murray, Gay, Aldridge, DeRozan, 11 and future picks for Wiggins, Simmons, Horford and Smith

Sixers trade Simmons, Horford and Smith for 2 and future picks.

GS saves money, gets players they could use and maintains draft capital to use in other trades.

Sixers get out of bad money and get a pick haul for Simmons

Spurs get a young PF to play with their guards and a center who can shoot and is used to coming off the bench

White, Mills, Vet
    Walker, Smith, Weatherspoon
    Johnson, Wiggins 41 (Reed)
    Simmons, Lyles, Samanic
    Poeltl, Horford, Eubanks

I don't know if that's a contender, and it locks the Spurs into a lot of money and few picks to make it work. It'd leave them with some room to grow given that they lose no significant prospects other than Murray. I think that if GS was willing to give up 2 for that package, I'd take that and skip the Simmons part. He's certainly a good player who'd fit very well with the rest of the projected SL, but he has a lot of red flags. The Spurs can't expect to be contenders, so if they're willing to trade away almost all of their vets, I'd rather draft Toppin (because of course I would) and look for other deals with the vets to bring in additional value and reevaluate next off-season to see if it's time to make a move.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs trade Murray, Gay, Aldridge, DeRozan, 11 and future picks for Wiggins, Simmons, Horford and Smith

GS saves money, gets players they could use and maintains draft capital to use in other trades.

Spurs get a young PF to play with their guards and a center who can shoot and is used to coming off the bench

White, Mills, Vet
    Simmons, Lyles, Samanic
    Poeltl, Horford, Eubanks

I don't know if that's a contender, and it locks the Spurs into a lot of money and few picks to make it work. It'd leave them with some room to grow given that they lose no significant prospects other than Murray. I think that if GS was willing to give up 2 for that package, I'd take that and skip the Simmons part. He's certainly a good player who'd fit very well with the rest of the projected SL, but he has a lot of red flags. The Spurs can't expect to be contenders, so if they're willing to trade away almost all of their vets, I'd rather draft Toppin (because of course I would) and look for other deals with the vets to bring in additional value and reevaluate next off-season to see if it's time to make a move.
    Your top deal for #2 is smart, and I agree with your guess that Warriors would seek an additional first. My main hesitation is that I don't think moving up to #2 is worth it in this draft class. Move up to trade down (Atlanta, Cleveland, or Detroit) to snag one of Toppin or Okongwu?

I like a lot of permutations that involve Horford/Simmons. Although, I increasingly wonder if Ben Simmons isn't a center in modern NBA. If you look at where he scores the ball efficiently, it looks like a traditional center shot chart. I'm hung on the pick haul part. Philly would want a pick haul, no doubt, but is it worth it?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

White, Mills, Vet
    Simmons, Lyles, Samanic
    Poeltl, Horford, Eubanks

I believe I'd rather do the warriors part of the trade and leave the Philly part out at that price. Then see what value LMA and/or DDR would bring in subsequent moves or keep them if if didn't like the return. I possibly would revisit the sixer trade with Embid at a reduced price and it being a smaller deal.

Thread Information