Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is an awful environment for young players right now. This is so far from winbuilding. SA did a great job of that for years, but the time has come to make the tough call. If you cant winbuild, you have to reshape things.

Funny how the leadership has gone from continuity and being paid for that, to now being paid just not to fracture the locker room since they can’t impact actual winning.
    It honestly seems like the roster is already fractured. And after what’s happened with Carroll, no FA wants to sign here anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto gave us DeRozan, Poeltl, and their pick and have nothing to show for it this season. And they just won their 15th consecutive game. I just don't get this
    They don't start or play G Leaguers masquerading as an NBA player like we do.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It didn't. Forbes was on bench during denvers comeback. Good try

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of me thinks Pop is doing this in purpose. Because I can't think of a more plausible one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans getting mad because Pop fraternizes with opposing coaches after the game is one of the weirder phenomenons, tbh.
    I understand it, tbh. When your team is a disaster, you shouldn't look so happy and carefree.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is an awful environment for young players right now. This is so far from winbuilding. SA did a great job of that for years, but the time has come to make the tough call. If you cant winbuild, you have to reshape things.

Funny how the leadership has gone from continuity and being paid for that, to now being paid just not to fracture the locker room since they can’t impact actual winning.
    Catering to Aldridge after he asked for a trade was the beginning of the end for the culture, tbh. One of the least Spurs-y moves I could imagine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, LJ. I'm tired of him never looking like he minds losing anymore. There was a time he would have been pissed after a game like this.

If we're talking weird phenomena, let's talk about Pop closing with Forbes and Beli over and over again, losing games because of it, and getting B's. This is not the same Greg Popovich we used to rave about. It's just not.
    Pop has "evolved" culturally and basketball just isn't all that important anymore. He may realize the roster is bad and just stopped being invested even though he is in the top 2-3 in coaching salaries.

It's really kind of sad that he as lost it.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "...just, flat, shooting ability. They just knocked them down."

And it sounded like a reporter asked him about his moment after the game. But, hey, it's only Spurs fans who notice things like that. "He's a fine coach, a good friend. Just really happy for the way they're playing."

No trace of the redass at all. I'm glad he's finally at peace. Now move the on.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes replaced 6 min left in 3rd spurs up 20. Forbes back in 9mi left in 4th down 3....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes 29 minutes..White 19 Lmao. I don’t care if White goes 0-12 no way Forbes should play 10 more minutes than him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of me thinks Pop is doing this in purpose. Because I can't think of a more plausible one.
    I have been going back and forth on that question virtually all season. It's almost gotta be a tank... doesn't it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans not getting mad at Pop for his coaching decisions is even more baffling

My man, quick question now that you have popped up like a whack a mole: Is there any cir stance where keeping DeRozan this next season makes sense to you (or more so, giving him more money)?
    He always has to find something random to have a passive aggressive snooty take with fans here.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes 29 minutes..White 19 Lmao. I don’t care if White goes 0-12 no way Forbes should play 10 more minutes than him
    Lol

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    pop doesn't have dante cunningham and quincy pondexter to carry him to the playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Choker Lamar having a hot shooting night then bricks two free throws with 6 minutes left

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odd that forbes was out during that 23 pt run.... yet his defense leads to spurs losses. Strange really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odd that forbes was out during that 23 pt run.... yet his defense leads to spurs losses. Strange really.
    No it's not. He's not the only scrub on this roster. He's just the worst one.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it's not. He's not the only scrub on this roster. He's just the worst one.
    Still doesnt line up with your posts that his defense is what causes spurs to lose.... rather than terrible team defense... but go on

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty quiet around spurstalk when facts are used...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As for Pop seeming carefree, I suspect it's an act, and he's actually quite frustrated, tbh. I believe the reports that said Spurs obsessed with making the playoffs. I think it means a great deal to Gregg. Since the big 3 retiring, the Kawhi fiasco, failing with team USA, he just hasn't looked good. Now he's facing the end of the playoff streak. Just a low all around way for his career to end. He doesn't seem to have it anymore, yet he still thinks he does. It's a tough pill to swallow for any man. He does have enough experience and self-awareness to know to play it cool, however.
    Last edited by KimmyGib; 02-11-2020 at 12:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still doesnt line up with your posts that his defense is what causes spurs to lose.... rather than terrible team defense... but go on
    I haven't exactly raved about the team's defense independent of Forbes. It sucks with or without him. It's a horribly constructed team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he playing belli and forbes so they can get bought out and go to a playoff team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take the eighth seed almost every lottery pick. But I'll take a high lottery pick over a low one. I don't believe SA can beat enough teams to get to the playoffs at this point, so I'm not really interested in them winning games. If they can manage to tank without trading away any of their better players, that's only a good thing. I was actually pretty annoyed to see them up in this game, because it's not worth beating good teams but losing to bad and mediocre ones. Realistically, the Spurs have a chance to get to seventh or eighth in the pick order. That would give them an okay chance at a top-four pick. That's the goal at this point. Should have traded Gay and Carroll. But nothing to do about that now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, LJ. I'm tired of him never looking like he minds losing anymore. There was a time he would have been pissed after a game like this.
    Pop storming off kicking rocks ended in like 1999, tbh. Since then, he's gone over to the other coach with a smile on his face 95% of the time regardless of a win or loss.

If we're talking weird phenomena, let's talk about Pop closing with Forbes and Beli over and over again, losing games because of it, and getting B's.
    Any links?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have nothing to hang their hat on right now. They are below average in just about every category aside from free throw percentage. I don't know. I'm just not used to seeing a Spurs team that has no clue. And yet - here we are.

Thread Information