Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks OP.

So, is Lonnie prone to migraines? Or was this something else?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades.

Derozan got the pineapple tonight. Whatever that means.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wtf happened to Lonnie?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach really didn’t do the greatest job. He got lucky with Patty hitting a couple of late shots because putting Mills on Beal was similar to his brilliant decision to put Mills on Trey Young when we lost to Atlanta. And why no Vassell? DeRozan bailed Pop out tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades Timvp. Spot on. I specially like Keldon's mid-range shots. His brawny attack of the rim, mixed with sweet jumpshots? This kid would be a scoring machine. If he could stop on a dime and hit those mid-range? Damn. I also like Poeltl consistently hitting his freethrows, and getting confidence. We need our starting C to be able to stay at the end of the game. Kudos to Poeltl on working on his freethrows. Other than White getting injured (I hope it's not that bad), I like this game a lot. Our guys really showed a fight until the end, especially Demar who just went head-to-head with the EC POW, Beal. Good win.

If even White would miss time or limited minutes, we might we Lonnie beasting again. I don't like the situation, but Lonnie needs to be awaken.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seeing Mills on the floor in clutch situations guarding the other teams superstar guard ... damn, first time that worked out this season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach really didn’t do the greatest job. He got lucky with Patty hitting a couple of late shots because putting Mills on Beal was similar to his brilliant decision to put Mills on Trey Young when we lost to Atlanta. And why no Vassell? DeRozan bailed Pop out tonight.
    Actually, I thought putting Mills and Beal and DDR on Westbrook was a good decision. It didn't matter at the end. Everyone was scoring and I didn't feel that Beal or Westbrook was hurting their defender during that period. Also, it was for a short spell until Murray came back.
    Last edited by tbdog; 04-27-2021 at 01:55 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, I thought putting Mills and Beal and DDR on Westbrook was a good decision. It didn't matter at the end. Everyone was scoring and I didn't feel that Beal or Westbrook was hurting their defender during that period. Also, it was for a short spell until Murray came back.

You are 100% correct. Wgaf if our worst defender is guarding their best player when neither team was getting stops. Just put your best scorers out there and hope for the best. Pop just toying with the opposition tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - This win means a lot.

- We won even with the Wizards showing a lot more energy.

- This team can win against the best. We must bring this type of focus against weaker teams.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Jakob stans have grown really quiet lately. I am starting to think they were more anti-LMA trolls. I would have given Jakob an F+ last night, he was a big negative on offense and nothing positive on defense. Len abused him and it might have been one of the worst games I have ever seen him play. Eubanks was a much better player on offense, and there isn't a big difference on defense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Jakob stans have grown really quiet lately. I am starting to think they were more anti-LMA trolls. I would have given Jakob an F+ last night, he was a big negative on offense and nothing positive on defense. Len abused him and it might have been one of the worst games I have ever seen him play. Eubanks was a much better player on offense, and there isn't a big difference on defense.
    Jakob played great in the last weeks. No need for you to troll around after one bad game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m surprised nobody has mentioned the officiating in that game. 60 free throws. For example. It was the worst I’ve seen this year.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m surprised nobody has mentioned the officiating in that game. 60 free throws. For example. It was the worst I’ve seen this year.
    Not just that, it was very inconsistent throughout the second half (I didn't see the first half, it might have been that way too). For a while it seemed like the refs were calling everything, then there would be stretches where they'd swallow their whistles. Players on both sides were getting frustrated, and imo justifiably so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jakob played great in the last weeks. No need for you to troll around after one bad game.
    The dude injured our best player. He quite possibly/probably cost us a playoff spot. I know most fans don't care about the playoffs but I do. It's nice being in them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dude injured our best player. He quite possibly/probably cost us a playoff spot. I know most fans don't care about the playoffs but I do. It's nice being in them.
    I guess it's Jakob's fault for....standing there? I guess he should have magically anticipated that White was going to land on his foot?

FFS, why do people feel like a finger has to be pointed at someone all the time? Why does everything always have to be SOMEONE's fault?

It's a high-speed sport and happens. Teams win, teams lose, people get hurt. Get over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess it's Jakob's fault for....standing there? I guess he should have magically anticipated that White was going to land on his foot?

FFS, why do people feel like a finger has to be pointed at someone all the time? Why does everything always have to be SOMEONE's fault?

It's a high-speed sport and happens. Teams win, teams lose, people get hurt. Get over it.
    Bc he’s the one that injured him. And yeah he did just stand there. That was my point. Didn’t even try to contest the shot just stood in the way like a big clumsy dinosaur and injured our best player in the process. Ffs how could somebody blame Jak for hurting White when he was the one who hurt him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bc he’s the one that injured him. And yeah he did just stand there. That was my point. Didn’t even try to contest the shot just stood in the way like a big clumsy dinosaur and injured our best player in the process. Ffs how could somebody blame Jak for hurting White when he was the one who hurt him
    Maybe you should review the video again:

Jakob is covering his assignment (Len) who drifts to the corner.

White allows Rui to drive inside for the layup. Derrick is beat, which would require a defensive rotation in the post.

Jakob steps up to contest, but Rui is already going into his shot. He stops because he is already too late to contest at that point and tries avoid the foul (since he was already in foul trouble).

White unfortunately lands on his foot.

These are all basic basketball plays.

Jakob didn't try to injure White. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time while trying to make a normal defensive rotation. Again, happens, and anybody who has played compe ive basketball understands that.

By your inane logic, maybe White shouldn't have let Rui to just blow by him if he didn't want to get hurt.

But go ahead and continue to point fingers if it makes you feel better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe you should review the video again:

Jakob is covering his assignment (Len) who drifts to the corner.

White allows Rui to drive inside for the layup. He is beat, which would require a defensive rotation in the post.

Jakob steps up to contest, but Rui is already going into his shot. He stops because he is already too late to contest at that point and tries avoid the foul (since he was already in foul trouble).

White unfortunately lands on his foot.

These are all basic basketball plays.

Jakob didn't try to injure White. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time making while trying to make a normal basketball play. Again, happens, and anybody who has played compe ive basketball understands that.

By your inane logic, maybe White shouldn't have let Rui to just blow by him if he didn't want to get hurt.
    That’s not logic at all. Jak hurt White. Rui didn’t do anything to White at all. Just bc you spit out some hypothetical bull doesn’t discount that fact. I mean what’s your definition of compe ive basketball? I mean yeah I played high school? Is that good enough? We’re you like some all American college player or something? Or is this some keyboard warrior stuff. Well if you played D1 basketball like I did then you would know

What I do know is that I have the wherewithal and the knowledge to move out of a teammates way if they are about to jump into me. I was just kinda aware of stuff like that especially since That happens all the time in my non compe ive playing days. I guess expecting Jak to have reflexes is too much though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never fails to amaze me how people would rather double down on their hatred than keep an open mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never fails to amaze me how people would rather double down on their hatred than keep an open mind.
    Yeah the Derrick White hate on this board is strong. Dude gets undercut by his clumsy teammate and Jakboys come all out of the woodwork to defend their guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s not logic at all. Jak hurt White. Rui didn’t do anything to White at all. Just bc you spit out some hypothetical bull doesn’t discount that fact. I mean what’s your definition of compe ive basketball? I mean yeah I played high school? Is that good enough? We’re you like some all American college player or something? Or is this some keyboard warrior stuff. Well if you played D1 basketball like I did then you would know

What I do know is that I have the wherewithal and the knowledge to move out of a teammates way if they are about to jump into me. I was just kinda aware of stuff like that especially since That happens all the time in my non compe ive playing days. I guess expecting Jak to have reflexes is too much though.
    I guess in all your levels of compe ive play, you never stepped the wrong way. Or twisted an ankle. Or committed a foul or got in the way of one of your teammates.

I'm sure every single step and every move and every play you made went exactly as planned.

, maybe you should be in the NBA instead of Jakob if you had that kind of prescience and reflexes.

I'm not disputing the fact that White landed on Poeltl's foot. The video clearly shows that.

But putting blame on Poeltl for doing his job and being where he should be is asinine and you know it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yak injured White.

How re ed one has to be to come to that conclussion, smh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess in all your levels of compe ive play, you never stepped the wrong way. Or twisted an ankle. Or committed a foul or got in the way of one of your teammates.

I'm sure every single step and every move and every play you made went exactly as planned.

, maybe you should be in the NBA instead of Jakob if you had that kind of prescience and reflexes.

I'm not disputing the fact that White landed on Poeltl's foot. The video clearly shows that.

But putting blame on Poeltl for doing his job and being where he should be is asinine and you know it.
    I’m really lucky but I’ve never been hurt playing basketball. I’ve never sprained my ankle or hurt my knee or anything. Though of course I trained on my balance and learned at a very young age how to foul

i have been in lots of situations like Derrick (to be fair to Jak) where I’m in the air and about to land on somebody’s foot and twist my ankle but I always just collapsed to the floor in those situations. I put zero weight on my foot while I landed bc I didn’t want to sprain my ankle. It made me look stupid just falling on the floor but hey it worked. No injury ever to my ankle.

Of course I fouled people but real talk whenever I saw a teammate or opponent in the air and about to land on me, I moved out of the way. It’s not that hard of a thing to do if you’re paying attention. Jak is 7 feet so maybe he just doesn’t give a if somebody does land on him. I’m only 6 feet and I did care lol especially when it was like a center or somebody huge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yak injured White.

How re ed one has to be to come to that conclussion, smh.
    Su ion is he is trolling

Thread Information