Page 149 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 4270
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s all mind games at this point from agents to players to teams take what they say with a grain of salt. As far as the draft I don’t want Giddey the chance of a no athletic player with shirt wingspan making it in the NBA is a small percentage add to it that he can’t shoot and that is to much risk to roll the dice.

If we can’t get Sengun or Moody then I am all in trading back I actually think early second round can get us a starter player.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s all mind games at this point from agents to players to teams take what they say with a grain of salt. As far as the draft I don’t want Giddey the chance of a no athletic player with shirt wingspan making it in the NBA is a small percentage add to it that he can’t shoot and that is to much risk to roll the dice.

If we can’t get Sengun or Moody then I am all in trading back I actually think early second round can get us a starter player.
    I get your point of view for sure. But if we can’t get Sengun or Wagner, I would heavily consider Giddey because our roster construction has flaws. Giddey does too for sure, but by not tanking we’re stuck at 12 with wart-filled players, and I don’t forsee any trades coming.

With Moody my concern is he can’t create and may have limited athleticism and would compete too much with Vassel’s role. Though few agree with me, I’m leaning towards Garuba over Moody because at least he’s a position of need and could contribute immediately, and wouldn’t overcrowd our packed guard and small wing rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Wagner, Sengun (and Jalen ) are gone, I'd straight up pick Duarte at #12. Offer the max to Collins and call it a day.

I'd rather S&T Demar and get another 1st round pick, but #22 could be too late for Duarte or even #14. I like Duarte as my starting SG next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Duarte as my starting SG next season.

Over a healthy Derrick White? You want to make White a 6th man?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vrenz posted today that he was doing 3v3s. I don’t think Kai doing his first 3v3 indicates anything. If anything, it shows how diligent the Spurs are in their workout process.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duarte is a better player than Kispert, and can dance around the 3 point line, which IS the NBA now, but Kispert is a true SF, which is closer to a position of need, and though has less mobility, perhaps could play sparingly at the 4. I don’t know. The roster is goofy. It’s a mess. Basically, because I’m very skeptical of any trades coming, I’m leaning against small/big guards (Giddey the exception because he could force DJM off the ball to a more natural position.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vrenz posted today that he was doing 3v3s. I don’t think Kai doing his first 3v3 indicates anything. If anything, it shows how diligent the Spurs are in their workout process.
    It makes more sense than the typical "watch a guy shoot threes" workouts that don't tell you anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get your point of view for sure. But if we can’t get Sengun or Wagner, I would heavily consider Giddey because our roster construction has flaws. Giddey does too for sure, but by not tanking we’re stuck at 12 with wart-filled players, and I don’t forsee any trades coming.

With Moody my concern is he can’t create and may have limited athleticism and would compete too much with Vassel’s role. Though few agree with me, I’m leaning towards Garuba over Moody because at least he’s a position of need and could contribute immediately, and wouldn’t overcrowd our packed guard and small wing rotation.
    Let Franz Wagner fall to us! He’d be perfect for the Spurs….
    Sengun after him.

——
    ok for the daily scheduled Giddey update. I think the fact this guy has been less available, no combine, no workouts, and just rumblings here and there, has me intrigued more than anything. I am sure he’s done interviews on zoom. I found another he gave to OKC (too many draft picks to be spurned.)
    https://twitter.com/royceyoung/statu...763247620?s=21 (Pretty funny tidbit… I haven’t seen the full interview)
    https://twitter.com/isaac_rivals/sta...189116417?s=21

———
    I was just thinking someone good will drop to the Spurs there will for sure be a few busts taken among the first 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Giddey gets past Indiana.
    Indiana is a mystery to me. Real honest here. I have no idea what that team is doing, who they are losing, who their targets are in FA, etc.

I was just looking at Tankathon and they have the Pelicans taking Giddey. It doesn’t make sense to me but I think they project Lonzo is gone and Giddey is taken to replace him as a PG…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One possible factor in all this is the tight connection between Pop and Kerr.
    They almost made a deal last year. I see them in great positions to help each other’s teams get better.
    If GS makes a trade, I expect the Spurs to be part of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let Franz Wagner fall to us! He’d be perfect for the Spurs….
    Sengun after him.

——
    ok for the daily scheduled Giddey update. I think the fact this guy has been less available, no combine, no workouts, and just rumblings here and there, has me intrigued more than anything. I am sure he’s done interviews on zoom. I found another he gave to OKC (too many draft picks to be spurned.)
    https://twitter.com/royceyoung/statu...763247620?s=21 (Pretty funny tidbit… I haven’t seen the full interview)
    https://twitter.com/isaac_rivals/sta...189116417?s=21

———
    I was just thinking someone good will drop to the Spurs there will for sure be a few busts taken among the first 10.

it is not a “few”

I’ve done this study before.

7 of 10 players in the top 10 don’t amount to stars. 3 is the average. You can look back 20+ years for this.

after the top 10 and between the 11 to 20th pick, the average is at least 1 superstar.

this is why, IMO, tanking is not all that cut out to be. Yes, you increase your odds. But it’s an entirely separate debate to your point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One possible factor in all this is the tight connection between Pop and Kerr.
    They almost made a deal last year. I see them in great positions to help each other’s teams get better.
    If GS makes a trade, I expect the Spurs to be part of it.
    What do you see cooking? Bc I think GSW is going to use their assets for Beal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it is not a “few”

7 of 10 players in the top 10 don’t amount to stars. 3 is the average. You can look back 20+ years for this.

after the top 10 and between the 11 to 20th pick, the average is at least 1 superstar.

this is why, IMO, tanking is not all that cut out to be. Yes, you increase your odds. But it’s an entirely separate debate to your point.
    Hmm I don’t want to get sidetracked into that black hole argument but I am casting a more narrow net for the term bust, like Wiggins for a No 1 pick is a bust, but he’s still in the NBA and figured out how to play like a role player (in an overpriced star contract- but not the point). I mean real busts. Guys who are unplayable in 2 years kind of bust, once the team is tired of tanking and wants to start being compe ive.

How many of those are in picks 1-10? Bc I can see a few potentials busting. Then more productive guys who have some questionable athleticism, size, or age “flaw” those stick around and some even become great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okafor and Jabari Parker… clear busts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it is not a “few”

I believe your analysis is spot on.
    Spot on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re salary heavy, and Getting Beal doesn’t relieve that. I also don’t think #7 + Wiggins gets you Beal.

We can eat Wiggins contract + receive #7 for some minor consideration. The get 100% salary relief, and draft the best shooter available with #14. Duarte could plug in and play immediately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm I don’t want to get sidetracked into that black hole argument but I am casting a more narrow net for the term bust, like Wiggins for a No 1 pick is a bust, but he’s still in the NBA and figured out how to play like a role player (in an overpriced star contract- but not the point). I mean real busts. Guys who are unplayable in 2 years kind of bust, once the team is tired of tanking and wants to start being compe ive.

How many of those are in picks 1-10? Bc I can see a few potentials busting. Then more productive guys who have some questionable athleticism, size, or age “flaw” those stick around and some even become great.
    ah yeah, I was specifically focused on stars who come out of the 10. If the objective of tanking is to get a star in the top 10 (as you should since those guys have a much higher contract than anyone else picked later and at the end of the contract they tend to overpay for any little hope left that theyll reach their potential), then you have failed if all you got was a role player. So yes, i am casting a smaller net.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am on the Sengun bandwagon. However, anyone who thinks he will play anywhere except Austin his first year have been asleep for the past 10 years. He will learn to play defense and work on his jumper and hopefully grow 2 inches all in Austin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re salary heavy, and Getting Beal doesn’t relieve that. I also don’t think #7 + Wiggins gets you Beal.

We can eat Wiggins contract + receive #7 for some minor consideration. The get 100% salary relief, and draft the best shooter available with #14. Duarte could plug in and play immediately.
    It’s too rational to make sense!!
    I am kidding of course. It makes sense. But it depends entirely on Duarte panning out. They’d blow their chest on a move to relieve themselves from the tax and get a guy they could have gotten anyways. I don’t see it, but financially it makes sense. For contending purposes probably not good enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My idea of a bust is pick position dependent. Marvin Bagley of Sacramento is my example. He was the #2 overall pick in 2017. His numbers are startlingly consistent at about 14.5p/7.5r, and they track flat over his 3 years, very little variance. That’s a bad th8ng for someone on a rookie deal. You want to see improvement. In addition, his advanced stats are awful, negative nearly across the board. If you had minutes to give him, you could get a big off the waiver wire, plug him in, and expect those numbers. A clear bust IMO. Here’s the kicker: if he were picked at, say, #15, I wouldn’t consider him a bust. There aren’t the expectations further back in the round that there are at the top.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s just a gut feeling. Maybe nothing. Im not good with cap space, etc.
    Pop and Kerr being in Japan for the draft is interesting in and of itself.
    The Spurs can’t help the Warriors directly, but, could be a 3rd team to make deal work.
    Probably wishful thinking. Possibly DDR sign and trade to Wizards, Beal to GS #7 and filler to Spurs. Just an off the cuff idea. I’m surely missing some details.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Awesome idea.
    If only it happens...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Over a healthy Derrick White? You want to make White a 6th man?
    I want Derrick the starting PG. Duarte the starting SG. As much as I like DJ’s strides and defense, Derrick is waaay better at facilitating. I think it’s necessary to move Murray and make Derrick the undisputed starting PG. Move DJ to get Collins. Unless DJ would take a 6th man role like Crawford. Just my take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the same too, particularly because I do think he'll need development with the rest of his offensive game. Not a raw physical tools prospect, but one still young with an incomplete offensive game (never mind the part where his body needs to develop and mature a little as well)... I thought he's just out of their window but the fawning from their media, the player's express preference, he's got a promise.

GSW is sending smoke signals for sure. They have worked out and dined other guys as well and have also been posturing that they want to keep Wiseman... (!) but they have deals possibly worked out that may depend on some contingencies.

Think about it a team with Curry Beal and Klay will benefit more from a Giddey than a Duarte (hypothetical scenario). As good as he may be, what shots do you have for Duarte. Giddey being 6’8” he may play with all those guards technically (his will need to transition to play as wing which I thought he'd need to do anyways). Duarte won't be maximized in a team like that.

Just firing from the hip!
    Good stuff.
    The question is though, at what stage is Klay coming back and what % of a player is he when he returns from injury?

I think Nico Mannion could still be a backup PG in this league too. (He'll be playing for Italy tomorrow fwiw).
    They're going to need shooting and probably more acutely scoring to stay compe ive in the short term.

Bouknight fits the profile but not sure he would be at that level yet to be relied upon consistently. I would think it has to be a vet of some kind.

This draft seems to be getting nutty from the #2 pick this year...Should be a uva ride.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information