My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Experiencing No Pain
    Spurs PG Tony Parker may return to the court earlier than expected. Parker's broken right hand is healing faster than anticipated, and Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said that once his point guard is cleared to play, he will return immediately to the rotation. The 8-year veteran has missed 20 games since breaking the fourth metacarpal in his right hand during a win against the Grizzlies March 6. Parker was encouraged Sunday after taking some shots before the team's morning shootaround in Atlanta without experiencing pain.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/sportscenter...kers-good-news

Pop says he'll throw Parker back into fire
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/s...into_fire.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “He can shoot free throws now,” Popovich said before Wednesday's game. “He can't catch or dribble. But somewhere around two or three games before the end of the regular season to a couple of games into the playoffs, somewhere in that span, he will get cleared.
    Considering this is what we were all hoping for as a best case scenario, this is an encouraging report.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No pain?

Didn't Tony watch the Lakers game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he was probably happy of finally not getting accussed of ruining the team offense in Spurstalk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker, a 90% healthy and ready one - very, very unlikely that will happen, but it's our last shred of hope as fans - can help recicitate (sp?) this team to being contenders, i feel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was the clear silver lining in his injury - he should be 100% healthy or as close to it as he's been all season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he was probably happy of finally not getting accussed of ruining the team defense in Spurstalk
    fixed.

But on the for-real tip, if Tony can come back and do his thing without a falloff of either 1) production from role players and 2) team defense, we will be the team everyone was hoping for in preseason. His added 15 a game will put us over the top if we can keep everything else at current levels...

I just hope he doesnt need as long as Bonner to get his shooting touch back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was the clear silver lining in his injury - he should be 100% healthy or as close to it as he's been all season.
    along with everyone staying healthy, that's pretty much the only thing we can hang our hopes on.

Thread Information