Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, according to 82games.com, Evans has actually been pretty successful playing the three over the course of his entire career (posting PERs of 17.2, 16.2, 17.0 and 16.6). He's not the idea backup to Leonard, but he's certainly good enough to get playing time at small-forward, especially in small-ball lineups.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eventually he should play the starting SG, but next year would be a sort of bridge year if Manu resigns. Playin him at the backup SF should work, though, if that's the case the spurs should also sign a pure cheap SF like Aminu who can also play small ball 4. If they can get a shooter like dunlevey the better, especially if Bonner is moved, to address the aforementioned possible lose in outside shooting if Neal/bonner leave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Evans would be interesting but its not going to happen.

I expect the same team back with a couple small FAs to add depth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have Jarrett Jack
    He's a chucker. Better to have someone who can legitimately play 3 positions than an undersized SG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's the best fit out there to take over the old Manu role as Ginobili declines and takes a more specialized role. Evans is my favorite possible FA target

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Evans is an excellent creator and ballhandler. With Manu's decline, Evans is perfect for the Spurs next season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Evans is an excellent creator and ballhandler. With Manu's decline, Evans is perfect for the Spurs next season.
    Smallball or benching Green ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be a great fit, impossible to get imo, sactown won't just let him go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smallball or benching Green ?
    Bench Green. He can still have minutes with the starting rotation and get his shots. No big deal.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I think Evans is going to deal close to 4/50 on the open market. He really had a nice year last year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Evans is going to deal close to 4/50 on the open market. He really had a nice year last year.
    Idk man, that more than Nic Batum got last year and that was before the new CBA contract paradigm shifted. Do you think he's 2m a year better than Batum even not considering the new CBA? I say 4/40.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't THAT nice. But I could see it, too. the last time teams had this much cap space, Rudy Gay got $86 Million, and Joe Johnson got $120 Million. I'm hoping more for a $40M/4 deal, though. I think he'd be well worth it in the right system.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sacramento would match 40/4. Unless they are really done with him or they draft Otto Porter, Victor Oladipo or Caldwell-Pope

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't mind overpaying for a versatile player like this. Going small ball while still having an excellent defensive squad (with Green), or having 3 guys on the court who can handle the ball well( with Manu) is an interesting prospect. And i think Tyreke's game translates well to playoff basketball, i really don't see any player the Spurs could possible get in the backcourt that would help them improve more. And when Timmy and Manu retire, your still left with Parker, Leonard, Green and Tyreke, which is a very good core to build from. Even something like 4/48 would not be unreasonable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sacramento would match 40/4. Unless they are really done with him or they draft Otto Porter, Victor Oladipo or Caldwell-Pope
    Their interest in Monta Ellis suggests that they're either planning on moving on from Evans, or that they think he'll receive a crazy-high offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's too risky at the end of the day.

These kind of contracts can break a franchise, we saw that with Jefferson. He's a good player but there's some red flags so the bottom line is : is he worth gambling that much? Probably not.

It'd be much safer to trade for Marion/Carter and 13, the recent history of the franchise points in that direction at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's too risky at the end of the day.

These kind of contracts can break a franchise, we saw that with Jefferson. He's a good player but there's some red flags so the bottom line is : is he worth gambling that much? Probably not.

It'd be much safer to trade for Marion/Carter and 13, the recent history of the franchise points in that direction at least.
    A real franchise-killing trade would be maxing out Iggy. That dude's about to fall off hard.

Evans isn't in the same category as Jefferson. No matter how badly he sucks, he'll still be movable for a couple of years based off his potential. No one's going to think he's fallen off physically like they have with RJ. And anyway, that deal didn't kill the Spurs' franchise at all. It actually could have been a great deal had the Spurs used his original expiring contract to bring in some good players. Re-signing him is another matter, but that too had extenuating cir stances.

At its worst, Jefferson's deal ended up being pretty easy to move. It just took a while. It Turkoglu can get traded twice with his contract, Evans could be moved if his deal is less than $40M/4. Even still, the Spurs wouldn't sign Evans if they didn't feel confident it would work out. And even if it fails, it won't cost the Spurs anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Kings just extended his qualifying offer, officially making him a restricted free agent. This was expected, but news nonetheless. He's one of my hopefuls this offseason.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kings extended the QO. So it begins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Evans keeps growing on me more and more. Too bad it wont happen. I think he could really grow into a great player here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am just not a fan. Not because of the talent, but just the overall package.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am just not a fan. Not because of the talent, but just the overall package.
    It's just not an ideal fit. I'm sure the FO knows this too, and they probably haven't even considered him as an option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sacramento reportedly not willin to match offers for Evans. Either will sign him at the QO or will move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very interesting.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plot thickens. Some team is going to get a good deal on Evans.

Thread Information