Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep

GWB should have never been president. Was not competent and only got there by family ties.
    Eyup. Traded on the name.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep

GWB should have never been president. Was not competent and only got there by family ties.
    Bush gets a lot of blame but man he was dealt a bad hand. He reacted pretty good post 9/11. Was lied to by his top advisors in the CIA and Homeland about WMD. And then the whole banking fiasco that led to the bubble breaking right on his way out. Not his fault at all that the banks were doing stupid , but he is remembered for 9/11, Iraq War, and bad economy on the way out.

Carter I guess you could also say was a victim of cir stances after inheriting the office after Watergate and Vietnam. But the dude had horrible foreign policy, let Iran keep American citizens for over a year (unthinkable today), had outrageous gas prices, and he himself also had a really bad economy with thousands of lay offs.

Might be bc of cir stance, but man some presidents aren’t made to handle crisis. Trump being one of them. The guy listens to the wrong people. That’s part of being a good president, listening to the correct people during crisis. And this isn’t to say that anyone person or party would do better bc honestly both sides suck.

At a time when action was needed, inaction took place, at a time where jobs are being lost, Congress bickers like little kids blaming each other instead of coming together. Might be a sign of the times but man what happened to the US coming together? Honestly the last thing I want to hear is whose fault it is. Just fix the damn problem like your job description says to

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bush gets a lot of blame but man he was dealt a bad hand. He reacted pretty good post 9/11. Was lied to by his top advisors in the CIA and Homeland about WMD. And then the whole banking fiasco that led to the bubble breaking right on his way out. Not his fault at all that the banks were doing stupid , but he is remembered for 9/11, Iraq War, and bad economy on the way out.

Carter I guess you could also say was a victim of cir stances after inheriting the office after Watergate and Vietnam. But the dude had horrible foreign policy, let Iran keep American citizens for over a year (unthinkable today), had outrageous gas prices, and he himself also had a really bad economy with thousands of lay offs.

Might be bc of cir stance, but man some presidents aren’t made to handle crisis. Trump being one of them. The guy listens to the wrong people. That’s part of being a good president, listening to the correct people during crisis. And this isn’t to say that anyone person or party would do better bc honestly both sides suck.

At a time when action was needed, inaction took place, at a time where jobs are being lost, Congress bickers like little kids blaming each other instead of coming together. Might be a sign of the times but man what happened to the US coming together? Honestly the last thing I want to hear is whose fault it is. Just fix the damn problem like your job description says to
    10/10 post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's always funny when reality slaps teh data-challenged.
    It's a 16 year cycle. It's 2004 this year. Give it a couple more years and things will go back to going your way again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

One thing that has separated all of the past presidents and Trump is that he can't effectively show empathy. Clinton, Bushes, Obama...they all seemed genuine when addressing a crisis. Even if it was a facade, they were able to at least able to come off as if they cared. Conversely, even if Trump does care, he just seems too disconnected to how the population thinks or feels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HERP DEE DURP a 16 year cycle. DERP DUUUUUH
    SALY syndrome. Reality is going to slap you so hard in November, its going to leave a big, -shaped mark on your face for about...4 years. Have fun with that.

"solid" GWB GTFO

You people and your factless echo chambers. Jeez us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing that has separated all of the past presidents and Trump is that he can't effectively show empathy. Clinton, Bushes, Obama...they all seemed genuine when addressing a crisis. Even if it was a facade, they were able to at least able to come off as if they cared. Conversely, even if Trump does care, he just seems too disconnected to how the population thinks or feels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama's "empathy" was definitely a facade. His fake southern drawl was lol-worthy. He took sides versus being a mediator on too many polarizing issues.

Trump, on the other hand, just doesn't give a about anyone except himself (and his sons) and it really shows. No empathy, not even sympathy.

Clinton was two-faced. The Bushes were legit, particularly GWB with his strong feelings for the country and its people. Carter was a good hearted guy but just incompetent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The occupation of Iraq, was all on him, and him alone.

All those dead soldiers for YEARS could have been avoided. They had the ing Fm-34-1 for decades before it. No ing excuse for not following it.

You know, the counter-insurgency manual written after vietnam. They picked an up and coming smart colonel to write it. He did a ing awesome job, and they ignored it for three years, while soldiers died needlessly in the field.

No excuse for that. NONE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama's "empathy" was definitely a facade. His fake southern drawl was lol-worthy. He took sides versus being a mediator on too many polarizing issues.
    echo chamber bull . sorry.

Feel free to back up any of those statements.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bushes were legit, particularly GWB with his strong feelings for the country and its people. Carter was a good hearted guy but just incompetent.
    Bushes were a bunch of elitist ivy league posers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He DID nothing at the most important time while SAYING it was going down and would magically disappear.
    I recall him closing off China in January and being called racist, etc for DOing so - that (imo) was the most important time - not whatever time AFTER that you are referring to.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trump never drained the swamp. He surrounded himself by banksters, neocons and Zionists. It would really take aomeone like Bernie Sanders to drain the swamp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He DID nothing at the most important time while SAYING it was going down and would magically disappear.
    No he wanted medical people to go to China and find out more info
    He did more ten past president before death
    But keep lying to yourself

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I recall him closing off China in January and being called racist, etc for DOing so - that (imo) was the most important time - not whatever time AFTER that you are referring to.
    You're really trying to pimp that? That's ALL he did and he even screwed that up by letting Americans and permanent residents come back who could have been asymptomatic carriers with zero follow up.

Tell me, what else did he do in the most important time before the travel ban?

I'd love to see your list.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol incoherent ducks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no one better qualified to handle this situation than President Donald Trump

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

except he didnt

he stopped SOME people from traveling here

but EXEMPTED a load of chines and non-chinese travelers

so that ONE thing his fellators claim he did right- is just another ing lie

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wrong o

obama had a pandemic team in place- trump disbanded it

obama had personnel in china- to alert the usa early- trump fired them

it has been one up after another and still ing up today by privatizing the emergency equipment while americans die-

all just to line his greedy pockets

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're really trying to pimp that? That's ALL he did and he even screwed that up by letting Americans and permanent residents come back who could have been asymptomatic carriers with zero follow up.

Tell me, what else did he do in the most important time before the travel ban?

I'd love to see your list.
    Oh no, you don't - YOU are the one who claimed he's f***** up - not me - the burden is on you to explain when the most important time (to you) was. What you claimed he said was AFTER the travel ban. And when he did the Europe ban, practically NO ONE was expecting that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh no, you don't - YOU are the one who claimed he's f***** up - not me - the burden is on you to explain when the most important time (to you) was. What you claimed he said was AFTER the travel ban. And when he did the Europe ban, practically NO ONE was expecting that.
    Did you ever think that the only thing he did that you can point to, "travel bans" (which is not what these were), is because it is xenophobic in nature?

Also, "honey, there's an intruder in the house, go lock the front door!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bush's reaction to 9/11 was get us into 2 wars that cost us more lives than 9/11 itself, and significantly more deaths of innocent people abroad... and effectively became our modern day unwinnable "war" that cost us trillions of dollars and made that area even more dangerous and unstable. wasn't aware that should be considered a good reaction

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bush's reaction to 9/11 was get us into 2 wars that cost us more lives than 9/11 itself, and significantly more deaths of innocent people abroad... and effectively became our modern day unwinnable "war" that cost us trillions of dollars and made that area even more dangerous and unstable. wasn't aware that should be considered a good reaction
    Sorry I meant immediate reaction. He really focused on the real heroism of the first responders immediately afterwards and didn’t make it about himself. He seemed shocked and just saddened at the event. He pumped up our patriotism (not that it was him alone or anything but he was a part of it) and America really seemed united and as one. He then gave us a person to hate which is what we really needed at the time. I remember thousands joining the armed forces just to get revenge.

But yeah he ed up with the Iraq war. He has the wrong generals in charge. He had corrupt advisors and the top of the food chain of both the CIA and DoD really did him dirty with their doctored reports. I don’t think anyone can deny that Bush was lied to by his advisors (seeing as the former head of CIA came out years later and admitted to lying to him ). But we didn’t learn our lesson with Vietnam which is a tough pill to swallow seeing the ones in charge at the time all either fought in Nam or were alive during it and knew of all the ups that occurred.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    r m t

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry I meant immediate reaction. He really focused on the real heroism of the first responders immediately afterwards and didn’t make it about himself. He seemed shocked and just saddened at the event. He pumped up our patriotism (not that it was him alone or anything but he was a part of it) and America really seemed united and as one. He then gave us a person to hate which is what we really needed at the time. I remember thousands joining the armed forces just to get revenge.
    Yeah, one of the things I remember most about post-9/11 was how unified we became. Not so right now. We're more divided than ever. Even the people on the front lines don't get the respect that they deserve. I know two people that were verbally and physically assaulted for wearing scrubs in public places. Now, that probably isn't the best idea right now, but people are just assuming that these individuals are surrounded by COVID then going out in public. I guarantee you that is never the case, but people assume and act like jackasses instead of just keeping their distance.

Thread Information