Page 38 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spammed nba forum as nothing was done to derp for spamming nba forum with boatload of “All inclusive” threads.
    Derp should have been ip banned or pinked a long time ago

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH, bringing down the NBA forum like that was pretty damn funny. I can think of a lot of idiots I'd ban before banning BB for that prank.

Doesn't he have a right to a fair trial?
    The autistic asshole who made the finals game thread unreadable was way worst than anything like that.
    Free BB

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    76ers can drag this out if they want to but they are not getting anything near equal value in return for him. They should make a trade that makes the most sense for the future of their franchise. They are not going to get a star for a star unless Bulls offer them Lavine. They need to focus on future 1st rounders and quality talent to surround Joel. He doesn't want to be there if they drag this out it things will get messier for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    76ers can drag this out if they want to but they are not getting anything near equal value in return for him. They should make a trade that makes the most sense for the future of their franchise. They are not going to get a star for a star unless Bulls offer them Lavine. They need to focus on future 1st rounders and quality talent to surround Joel. He doesn't want to be there if they drag this out it things will get messier for them.
    Camps start on Tuesday. I expect this to drag out until late Monday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Simmons finally does get moved it will probably be a big multi team deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/ChrisJHoops/stat...603236358?s=19

Simmons still attacks the basket mostly with his right hand and shoots with his left. He says he is ambidextrous, but why would he almost always use his right hand for dunks & lay ups and then switch back to his left for his usually poor jump shots? There was a lot of talk (some of it from him) about trying to shoot more with his right hand, but this video unfortunately doesn't show any evidence of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons still attacks the basket mostly with his right hand and shoots with his left. He says he is ambidextrous, but why would he almost always use his right hand for dunks & lay ups and then switch back to his left for his usually poor jump shots? There was a lot of talk (some of it from him) about trying to shoot more with his right hand, but this video unfortunately doesn't show any evidence of it.
    His dad thought shooting lefty would make him a tougher guard, so he converted him at some point in his youth. He’s a natural righty.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His dad thought shooting lefty would make him a tougher guard, so he converted him at some point in his youth. He’s a natural righty.
    that sounds like his dad killed his jumpshot lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dude is too stubborn to do a Tristan Thompson at this stage. Those who wish him well will hope that he overcomes his mental barrier when it comes to jump shooting. I guess the only way to improve is through volume shooting in practice and in the off season. And having the mental for ude to use that skill in real game situations. For now from what we have heard, he hasn't shown the need to improve in practice or the mental strength to overcome his jump shooting shyness in real games. Let's see ..he is still very young and far from his peak and has an A+ game otherwise. So there is a lot of optimism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What an idiot.

Sounds like he tried to copy Uncle Toni, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Camps start on Tuesday. I expect this to drag out until late Monday.
    I’m hoping this concludes today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denver Nuggets... not bad place for Ben

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just ready to see BS moved...here or anywhere. It feels like its holding up smaller moves while we are waiting for this thing to conclude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just ready to see BS moved...here or anywhere. It feels like its holding up smaller moves while we are waiting for this thing to conclude.
    Yeah, exactly. I would think potential Spurs moves are being delayed because of this, not because the Spurs are going to bring in Ben Simmons but because other teams are taking a wait and see what shakes out approach. We still have to lose two guys off the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, exactly. I would think potential Spurs moves are being delayed because of this, not because the Spurs are going to bring in Ben Simmons but because other teams are taking a wait and see what shakes out approach. We still have to lose two guys off the roster.
    I don't think any deal gets made after the 1st, once simmons has half his salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His dad was a beast power forward, but definitely not the guy who should be giving shooting advice.

The opposite hand thing works in the post for hook shots turnarounds etc but can't be at the expense of jump shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I mentioned the Wall for Simmons idea, BB said it won't happen. But I still wouldn't be shocked if this somehow goes down. No one wants to deal for either of these guys, and I don't think either team wants to throw away the '21-'22 season completely. They might be each others only trading partners.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs talked with the Philadelphia 76ers about Ben Simmons, but those talks have not gotten far, sources said. They sniffed around intriguing young free agents -- including Lauri Markkanen and John Collins, sources said -- but snared neither.
    The Spurs have the means to trade for stars: all their future first-round picks, a bundle of extra draft assets, and good players on movable contracts. But dealing a bunch of stuff for some star with one or two years left on his deal is an enormous risk without ironclad assurances.
    That's why Simmons -- with four years left on his contract -- is a logical target despite his finicky fit. It's unclear if the Spurs really want to re-engage Philadelphia, or if they have enough to trade without tossing in so many draft picks as to imperil the future.
    Full story (nothing more on Simmons though):
    https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...-spurs-go-here
    Last edited by pookenstein; 09-29-2021 at 11:09 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think 76ers are doing the only thing they can do...make Simmons wait it out and start getting him fined for not playing. He's got like 4 years left on his deal. They can fine him for not showing up and he risks losing $30 million if he doesn't play this year. The franchise takes a hit with players that resent that the franchise is taking power from players, but they accept that risk and delay, delay, delay. Simmons may miss a few weeks, but he won't take more than that before he comes back. Then it is a matter of how he will react. His choices are really 4: (1) comeback, establish his value, and start a bidding war to get him; (2) intentionally play bad a la Carter and Hardin and he gets a paycheck, but is so much a headache that the team looks for trades, but will again be lowballed; (3) comeback, fake an injury or get some kind of an injury, and then sit as long as he wants complaining of pain until he is traded; and (4) comes back, forgiveness abounds in the lockerroom and he decides he still likes his teammates and he decides to stay (at which point Morey will again immediately look to trade him).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think 76ers are doing the only thing they can do...make Simmons wait it out and start getting him fined for not playing. He's got like 4 years left on his deal. They can fine him for not showing up and he risks losing $30 million if he doesn't play this year. The franchise takes a hit with players that resent that the franchise is taking power from players, but they accept that risk and delay, delay, delay. Simmons may miss a few weeks, but he won't take more than that before he comes back. Then it is a matter of how he will react. His choices are really 4: (1) comeback, establish his value, and start a bidding war to get him; (2) intentionally play bad a la Carter and Hardin and he gets a paycheck, but is so much a headache that the team looks for trades, but will again be lowballed; (3) comeback, fake an injury or get some kind of an injury, and then sit as long as he wants complaining of pain until he is traded; and (4) comes back, forgiveness abounds in the lockerroom and he decides he still likes his teammates and he decides to stay (at which point Morey will again immediately look to trade him).
    None of that increases his value, not even playing. They want him to come back, and decide to stay. Not happening.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wall's stats from last season aren't too far off from Simmon's numbers. He scores a little more, Simmons grabbed more boards.

At this point, with Philly just really needing those numbers filled to get to where they were last season, why wouldn't they take that deal? Sure, there's about a $20 mil difference between their salaries the next two years, but you'd think that something is better than nothing right now. Is Wall being made of sugar glass that big of a deal for a super desperate team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wall's stats from last season aren't too far off from Simmon's numbers. He scores a little more, Simmons grabbed more boards.

At this point, with Philly just really needing those numbers filled to get to where they were last season, why wouldn't they take that deal? Sure, there's about a $20 mil difference between their salaries the next two years, but you'd think that something is better than nothing right now. Is Wall being made of sugar glass that big of a deal for a super desperate team?
    Yes. Glass makeup of the only asset in the deal is a big ing deal. , our alleged offer runs circles around that.

At this point in his career, Wall is someone I would only accept with big assets attached. He doesn’t help you win, and his advanced numbers are awful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wall is so bad I'd actually take Ben Simmons over him.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    None of that increases his value, not even playing. They want him to come back, and decide to stay. Not happening.
    Yeah I see this dragging out till the start of the season and if he doesn't play they will trade him. I don't think they really want to trade him but they are definitely lowering his value especially if they drag this out to him sitting out and not playing. This is more about the 76ers not giving in to him and not wanting to trade him. He doesn't want to be there anymore and his behavior is highly unprofessional so this is going to get ugly for 76ers. I would be surprised if he shows up and plays for them.

Thread Information