Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we could somehow get Turner and sign Collins, we'd look incredible
    I would prefer Collins and Allen to Collins and turner. But would love that too as apposed to whatever overpayed and to old player the FO will go after

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean if we could get pretty much anybody at this point it would be an improvement over LMA and Poeltl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i like jarrett allen but cant fathom preferring him to myles turner. allen is a much better rebounder (which we need, of course), but turner can space the floor better and is a better rim protector.

that said, i dont see a good way for us to acquire turner
    Last edited by spurraider21; 01-15-2021 at 03:09 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you like Nic Claxton you could probably get him from Brooklyn if they want one of our vets (assuming they have matching salaries to send back) other than that Bagley looks like the only available big I really see on the short term horizon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you like Nic Claxton you could probably get him from Brooklyn if they want one of our vets (assuming they have matching salaries to send back) other than that Bagley looks like the only available big I really see on the short term horizon.
    He had surgery for right knee tendinopathy in June. Same issue Kawhi had.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't Prichard still in the FO there (he's always been a LMA fan)... LMA plus a 1st taking back some filler might get it done.
    Bingo. I think a 23/24 protected first along with LMA would do it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the reality is we need both a starting 4 and a 5. Hopefully one compliments the other. Jakob is a backup at best.
    I don’t know if you need both in today’s nba. What you DO need is someone to get you buckets in the post at crunch time, and that could well be Demar. You don’t need two of those players on the court at say time anymore. What you do need is a defensive anchor and turner fits the bill with out current roster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had surgery for right knee tendinopathy in June. Same issue Kawhi had.
    Claxton or Bagley?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Claxton or Bagley?
    Claxton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know if you need both in today’s nba. What you DO need is someone to get you buckets in the post at crunch time, and that could well be Demar. You don’t need two of those players on the court at say time anymore. What you do need is a defensive anchor and turner fits the bill with out current roster.
    Keldon and Demar playing the 4 is not sustainable. You absolutely need a 4 and a 5 to beat the Lakers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of us think we need a 4 with size as the priority. Its just hard to see where there's one that attainable. Bagley could be gotten (but are his contract demands something we'd pay for his production)? So I'm gonna throw out a bad contract idea (yes I'm bored this morning)... LMA + Gay for Harris + Bradley + draft pick. Morey surely would pay to move that contract and Harris is playing PF in today's game. I'd prefer a guy a little taller but, there's not many options.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of us think we need a 4 with size as the priority. Its just hard to see where there's one that attainable. Bagley could be gotten (but are his contract demands something we'd pay for his production)? So I'm gonna throw out a bad contract idea (yes I'm bored this morning)... LMA + Gay for Harris + Bradley + draft pick. Morey surely would pay to move that contract and Harris is playing PF in today's game. I'd prefer a guy a little taller but, there's not many options.
    I'll take that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess it comes down to whether people prefer Collins vs Tobias. Tobias has more finesse in his game and is able to keep up with more players on defense, IMO. I don't think he's a rhythm shooter that Collins appears to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but Morey no

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    olynyk might be available as a FA, miami recently signed meyers, harkless, adebayo and drafted achiuwa.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harris is a big wing, Collins is a big.

The 76ers wouldn't make that trade. They're in pseudo contention and as bad as his contract is, he's still their third best player. They're not trading him for an old player who couldn't play with their best player and an older, worse version of him.

Bagley III is a tough one, because they're at the stage where they need to still treat him as if he retains 2nd pick value, while it's highly unlikely the league at large would at this point.

Not interested in paying the undoubtedly high price for a player with no true defensive position and despite obvious skills offensively, no true niche. Has the whiff of an empty calories type.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tobias Harris is a pretty good player who does a little bit of everything, but he's getting max superstar money and I just don't think he's enough of a difference maker to justify that salary. I'd rather see the Spurs get two net positive FAs at reasonable prices than blow all of the cap room on one guy who's overpaid.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dewayne Dedmon would be better than poeltl at this point. Unfortunately now he seems to have have ego. Wanted out of Sacramento because he got delegated to the bench when richaun holmes played better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon and Demar playing the 4 is not sustainable. You absolutely need a 4 and a 5 to beat the Lakers.
    Yes, but you don’t need offensive production out of both. Aside from the Lakers (LeBron ain’t playing forever), no other teams big duo is that problematic. Most nights Demar/Keldon may be enough, and even force the other team to change their style of play

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like where your thinking is, but that Harris contract is terrible. Would want a little more.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess it comes down to whether people prefer Collins vs Tobias. Tobias has more finesse in his game and is able to keep up with more players on defense, IMO. I don't think he's a rhythm shooter that Collins appears to be.
    I agree with that. The difference for me is that Harris we can get now and he's under contract. Collins we have to convince to sign in the summer and hope Atl doesn't match. I also probably value Harris's veteran presence a little bit

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All fair points guys... I know the Harris idea isn't ideal but nothing else seems to be either to me... so, I'm admittedly grasping at straws a little bit. I'm also looking at it a bit more from the perspective of doing something now instead of waiting on free agency .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Richaun Holmes is currently leading the league in TS% at a whopping .733. You may be onto something here, R. DeMurre.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way Holmes or someone of his ilk would make sense, is if they trade Poeltl and while you could argue the merits of that, there's no reason to think it'd actually happen.

Can't afford multiple non shooting bigs in a rotation in today's league, especially when the youth on the perimeter isn't exactly known for this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way Holmes or someone of his ilk would make sense, is if they trade Poeltl and while you could argue the merits of that, there's no reason to think it'd actually happen.

Can't afford multiple non shooting bigs in a rotation in today's league, especially when the youth on the perimeter isn't exactly known for this.
    I suspect we would have to attach an asset to Jakob to move him at this point. I’d be all for moving both him and Sammanic in a salary dump to help us go after both JA and Collins in free agency this summer.

Thread Information