Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine walking up from an unfortunate accident which left one in a coma in summer of 2007 and seeing this.
    Ya let's put Pattys jersey in the rafters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know why Mills gets the 'loyal' tag.

What exactly makes him loyal?
    i got 50 Million reasons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know why Mills gets the 'loyal' tag.

What exactly makes him loyal?
    Hes by far one of the most overrated players in spurs history. Some in this thread are saying he should be in the basketball hall of fame. I mean jesus fckn christ

atleast aj was a starter,and all time assist leader. Bowen guarded the opposing teams best players every night,and kicked them in the Nutz. Patty was a role playing spot up reserve who helps get coffee,and teach "culture"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no! Have some god damn standards

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, the Thunder retired Nick Collison’s number so this wouldn’t be that pathetic. Or as pathetic as the Heat retiring Jordan’s number.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ? Darn, I was wondering what is up with him as I've never seen him with a steady girlfriend so I was wondering if he's some kind of a player (not in a bad way). The legend of Boris Diaw continues to grow. Super interesting guy (I really do love the guy - he seems like he's be super cool to hand out with). I wish he played like he did in 2014 for a few more years for the Spurs. He was an amazing player when he put it all together (he was at his best when he was a little bit selfish with his scoring cause he did everything else so well on the offensive end of the court).
    Yeah and couldn't agree more about him. He's also written children's books about travel in Africa and safaris and such. I don't think "The World's Most Interesting Man'' is a new concept, as I recently called him that on Twitter and received a 'laugh' and like by him. 2014...that was a team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it was my decision, then I'd say yes, because it would be a guaranteed sellout.

BTW, Patty Mills climbed to 4th in career Olympics points, passing Ginobili, Marques & Scola.

Top 10 plus another:
    1093 Oscar Schmidt HOF
    789 Andrew Gaze
    658 Pau Gasol
    608 Patty Mills
    607 Luis Scola
    537 Wlamir Marques
    523 Manu Ginobili
    475 Sergei Belov HOF
    461 Drazen Dalipagic HOF, Drazen Petrovic HOF

435 Kevin Durant
    How many Olympics has Patty played in compared to KD (I should know this but I don't). That's crazy he's that far ahead of KD.

Yeah and couldn't agree more about him. He's also written children's books about travel in Africa and safaris and such. I don't think "The World's Most Interesting Man'' is a new concept, as I recently called him that on Twitter and received a 'laugh' and like by him. 2014...that was a team.
    Didn't know that about the Children's books, or maybe I did read about it years ago, but just forgot about it. Either way, that is pretty cool. I completely forgot that he used to be an avid photographer (or maybe still is) and also take photos and go on safaris in Africa. I remember them saying (I think he worked with some professional photographers while going on those safaris) he could have done that professionally as he became pretty good at it.

When did you call him that on Twitter? Pretty cool that he liked the post.

That 2013 and 2014 teams, man, I really loved them. Just the journey itself and watching them play throughout those few seasons was so much fun and bought a lot of joy to a lot of Spurs fans at that time. I believe they could have won both rings (I know people say that if they won in 2013 they probably don't win in 2014, but I don't necessarily agree with that) and also maybe again in 2015 (definitely not a lock, but still had a good chance if they were healthy) if they weren't banged up by then, but I will also say, even if they didn't win it in 2014, those Spurs teams (2012-2015 - I think they were great all 4 of these years. I'd even say that had a legit chance in 2012 if not for that screw job in game 5 with the goaltend on Manu and the refereeing in game 6 OKC with the bull touch fouls to get them into the penalty early) still would have been one of my most favourite Spurs teams of all time.
    Last edited by Ice009; 08-09-2021 at 02:35 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Averys’s number is up there then there’s no real standards. Might as well put it up there
    Sorry Avery but KobesAchilles is right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, right after Billy "The Whopper" Paultz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t forget that Matt Bonner has two rings with the Spurs. Patty only has one. We gonna put them both up there?

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Patty. Absolutely ing not.
    rack em

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two Olympic scoring les and a third olympics placing second.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean... not before Malik's number then

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a no for me! Former Spurs great Larry Kenon's jersey should be the next one retired and hung on the rafters waaaayyyy before Mills. Kenon was a 20/10 career player and made the all-star team twice in 1978 and 79.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two Olympic scoring les and a third olympics placing second.
    One Olympic scoring le (London) and two placing second (Rio behind Jokic, Tokyo behind Doncic)

First Olympics (Beijing) was as a bench player after Patty's freshman year at St. Mary's.

Durant was not on the Beijing team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do the olympics have to do with the Spurs rafters?

Thread Information