Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Search feature is disabled so i couldnt find the bitcoin thread. but this thread is for all crypto discussions

EIP 1559 launched last week and ETH has been pumping ever since, after it bottomed around ~1700 it's been holding steady at $3k+ for a few days now and only going to go up

Anyone else here invested in crypto at all? right now I own ETH, ADA, MATIC, and AMP

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just read one of them was ripped off for $600 million by a hacking group and apparently, it was nothing too complex.

Still a shaky proposition for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just read one of them was ripped off for $600 million by a hacking group and apparently, it was nothing too complex.

Still a shaky proposition for me.
    Yeah, Poly Network got hacked, but apparently the hackers have already returned like 250M of what they stole

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, the only people who think cypto is a scam are those who dont understand or arent making money with it

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crypto is stupid as . Designed to keep using more and more power to just make up out of thin air. ing ethereum has ruined PC gaming since they always tweak the algorithm so you can keep mining on consumer graphics cards instead of becoming obsolete quickly in favor of dedicated ASICs like Bitcoin. I hope ETH's inventors die of AIDS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tough crowd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its all a scam. You can make your own ing coins.
    The stock market and US dollar are equally a scam

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crypto is stupid as . Designed to keep using more and more power to just make up out of thin air. ing ethereum has ruined PC gaming since they always tweak the algorithm so you can keep mining on consumer graphics cards instead of becoming obsolete quickly in favor of dedicated ASICs like Bitcoin. I hope ETH's inventors die of AIDS.
    Its actually an amazing concept that changed the world.

I agree its bad for environment. But looks like china 8s shutting miners down there. So if you minus chinese miners, its actually not bad at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree its bad for environment. But looks like china 8s shutting miners down there. So if you minus chinese miners, its actually not bad at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is pretty much it. Crypto just happens to be later in the game. The primary reason to buy a stock is just the hope that at some point, someone will want to pay more for it than you. It's musical chairs. Eventually, a buyer can't find a seller and gets ed. And that's not to say that you shouldn't buy stocks. Just that your ownership doesn't mean . 99% of the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh yeah amazing. A bunch of heads building large mining farms that use huge amounts of electricity to make some fake currency out of thin air.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's that famous hater whataboutism

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    LMAO @ comparing the stock market to crypo. When you buy a stock, you're buying a portion of a company's future cash flows because you think the present value of said cash flows is worth more than what the market share price is. With crypto you're buying something that has absolutely no intrinsic value and is getting propped up purely by manufactured demand.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's that famous hater whataboutism
    He believes there is a corrupt oligarchy that controls everything in the world and also believes said oligarchy will sit by idly and watch their established, regulated and proven monetary system fall to a bunch of non existent currencies easily hijacked by 2-bit hackers. LOL.

There's no traction, there's no need really aside from illicit/illegal activities. It's literally the Dale of financial opportunities. Looks good, sounds good, but it's nothing but an empty box. We're 15 years in and little to no progress with crypto currency.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO @ comparing the stock market to crypo. When you buy a stock, you're buying a portion of a company's future cash flows because you think the present value of said cash flows is worth more than what the market share price is. With crypto you're buying something that has absolutely no intrinsic value and is getting propped up purely by manufactured demand.
    It won't let me like this post. Either way, this is the tombstone for this thread.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's kind of like Tinkerbell; as long as we all believe in crypto, it will continue to be shiny and magic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah amazing. A bunch of heads building large mining farms that use huge amounts of electricity to make some fake currency out of thin air.
    Crypto is one of the greatest inventions in the las 25 years. Whoever disagrees just does not get it.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It's kind of like Tinkerbell; as long as we all believe in crypto, it will continue to be shiny and magic.
    Or like tulips in the 17th century.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ethereum is the worst. They have some re ed libertarian fantasy that they're keeping the coin in the hands of small time miners by always tweaking the algorithm so it can be mined on consumer graphics cards when what really happens is big mining farms just buy up all the graphics cards and keep them out of the hands of gamers. ing gpus were going for 4x MSRP at the height of the bubble thanks to bird Ethereum miners and they're still ridiculously overpriced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crypto is one of the greatest inventions in the las 25 years. Whoever disagrees just does not get it.
    You keep saying that without ever explaining it. What's amazing about consuming a load of power and destabilizing electric infrastructure to make some fantasy currency up out of thin air?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep saying that without ever explaining it. What's amazing about consuming a load of power and destabilizing electric infrastructure to make some fantasy currency up out of thin air?
    Because it introduced the blockchain technology. This is being used now on tons of industries.

Its immutable, secure, decentralized, and relatively quick.

Its no surprise entire countries are adopting it in their currencies. China is the first. More to come.

And it can be applied not only on currencies, but any use. Social, medical, finance, etc.

If you think crypto invention is you just dont get it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it introduced the blockchain technology. This is being used now on tons of industries.

Its immutable, secure, decentralized, and relatively quick.

Its no surprise entire countries are adopting it in their currencies. China is the first. More to come.

And it can be applied not only on currencies, but any use. Social, medical, finance, etc.

If you think crypto invention is you just dont get it.
    So secure that some high school kid and his brother stole $2 billion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The stock market is built on hype and bull just like crypto.

If the hype goes down for a company whatever you purchased is similar to crypto.

I believe crypto founder did not intend for this as he designed the decentralized system for payments/transactions.

If ppl are using it to make $ and then lose its because they are stupid s who would have probably blown their money on something else.

That does not mean we can say crypto is a scam .

Thats ing stupid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So secure that some high school kid and his brother stole $2 billion.
    It is secure. But if the owner of the account saves his password on a server or inadvertently sends coins to unknown accounts then obviously nothing can protect stupidity

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, the only people who think cypto is a scam are those who dont understand or arent making money with it
    Most people don’t understand it. From the outside it looks like a scam because it kind of is.

You have to literally keep mining it to maintain its glory as it were. Unless you’re loaded like Musk and Cuban, this isn’t an effective money maker for the average person. If the value drops which happens weekly, they’re not going to feel the loss like you and I would.

Thread Information