Page 287 of 376 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297337 ... LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,175 of 9378
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In playing Ghost of Tsushima again, this is really the closest thing we have gotten to a Tenchu game.
    I would LOVE a new Tenchu.. I just downloaded the PS2 Wrath of Darkness or whatever it is and it doesn't hold up too good in 2021 IMO

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL the voice actor who plays Mordegon in Dragon Quest XI S is the same guy who plays Kiryu in Yakuza.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got done platting Ghost of Tsushima. Just in time for the DLC.

Today, you could pre load if you bought in ahead of time. I think I'll just wait.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum did you play an entire playthrough with Kurosawa mode on?

I tried it once I mastered the controls but I don’t think it’s very good for hearing cues or to perfect parry. Lasted about 30 minutes on it. I like how the sound changes to the way those old TVs did before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum did you play an entire playthrough with Kurosawa mode on?

I tried it once I mastered the controls but I don’t think it’s very good for hearing cues or to perfect parry. Lasted about 30 minutes on it. I like how the sound changes to the way those old TVs did before.
    Nah think I'd only do Kurosawa mode on a second playthrough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn didn't realize Dragon Quest's art was done by the creator of DragonBall Z.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would LOVE a new Tenchu.. I just downloaded the PS2 Wrath of Darkness or whatever it is and it doesn't hold up too good in 2021 IMO
    On the PS or emulation on a PC?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of PS2, they're really easy to mod these days with a Free McBoot memory card. If you have a fat model you can install a hard drive, play roms shared over your network from your PC or a Raspberry Pi, or install an internal SD card. With a Slim you can do the roms shared over the network thing also. Or on any PS2 I think there is an exploit called FreeDVDBoot which you apply when burning any PS2 DVD to play burned games on a stock PS2, no memory card exploit needed even.

And if you have an SCPH-37001 PS2 fat you can use the Tonyhax exploit to play burned PS1 discs, though that requires having a legit PS1 game (THPS 2 or 3, Cool Boarders 4, and a few other games work) and an exploited PS1 memory card. Not sure if works on the SCPH-30001 and SCPH-31001 PS2 fats and it definitely doesn't work on the SCPH-50000 series and above since they no longer have the actual PS1 chip on the board anymore. Still, an SCPH-37001 Fat is pretty awesome if you want to play pirated PS1 and PS2 games on actual hardware and the picture looks really good over component cables.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of PS2, they're really easy to mod these days with a Free McBoot memory card. If you have a fat model you can install a hard drive, play roms shared over your network from your PC or a Raspberry Pi, or install an internal SD card. With a Slim you can do the roms shared over the network thing also. Or on any PS2 I think there is an exploit called FreeDVDBoot which you apply when burning any PS2 DVD to play burned games on a stock PS2, no memory card exploit needed even.

And if you have an SCPH-37001 PS2 fat you can use the Tonyhax exploit to play burned PS1 discs, though that requires having a legit PS1 game (THPS 2 or 3, Cool Boarders 4, and a few other games work) and an exploited PS1 memory card. Not sure if works on the SCPH-30001 and SCPH-31001 PS2 fats and it definitely doesn't work on the SCPH-50000 series and above since they no longer have the actual PS1 chip on the board anymore. Still, an SCPH-37001 Fat is pretty awesome if you want to play pirated PS1 and PS2 games on actual hardware and the picture looks really good over component cables.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the PS or emulation on a PC?
    Emulation

For the amount of time spent, running it on an emulator works fine for me. Running at 6x resolution with all the filters and on, it's good enough. Only issue is weird artifacts around certain sprites

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just started playing Hades on the PS5, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Emulation

For the amount of time spent, running it on an emulator works fine for me. Running at 6x resolution with all the filters and on, it's good enough. Only issue is weird artifacts around certain sprites
    PCSX 2 kind of sucks. I have never played a game on it that didn't have the kind of graphical glitches you're talking about. Not on the 1.4.2 version that was the stable for years. Not on the nightly builds. Not on 1.5.0 stable. Not on the new 1.6.0 stable. It's like the opposite of Dolphin. Can't believe the state of PS2 emulation is so bad when Wii U has a first rate emulator for years in Cemu. Pretty soon PS3 emulation will be better than PS2 emulation too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PS2 library is pretty wild, has amazing games for any taste and probably has the most creative game library of any system. Plus PS2 systems are cheap even with the huge bump in prices most systems have seen in the pandemic. I love emulation but PCSX2 just doesn't at all live up to original hardware IMO. PCSX2 is so buggy it completely defeats the awe factor of rendering PS2 games in 4k.

Now PS1 emulation is a whole other story. The DuckStation emulator is easy to setup and use and feels like a real PS1 if you play with a wired controller. Plus it has a lot of options for bumping up the graphics both meant for 2D games like Castlevania or 3D games like Tekken.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just took a peak at the September game releases. Quite interesting and hefty.

Kena, Life is Strange, judgement and Deathloop are all tentatively to release in a months time. I feel a great many of delays though per par.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just took a peak at the September game releases. Quite interesting and hefty.

Kena, Life is Strange, judgement and Deathloop are all tentatively to release in a months time. I feel a great many of delays though per par.
    Did you get the first Judgment? PSN has it for $25.99 for PS5 in the summer sale, but it ends pretty soon.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...GMENTRYUGAENG/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone wants Cyberpunk cheap for console, Best Buy has it for $10 today.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpu...?skuId=6255151

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone wants Cyberpunk cheap for console, Best Buy has it for $10 today.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpu...?skuId=6255151
    this game is like the begging homeless person at every corner in New York.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this game is like the begging homeless person at every corner in New York.
    ElNono said this one was worth it at $20 if you play on PS5, and it's not like CDPR can afford just abandon this game, so I'll place a $10 bet on there being a decent PS5 patch coming.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 08-17-2021 at 01:43 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNono said this one was worth it at $20 if you play on PS5, and it's not like CDPR can afford just abandon this game, so I'll place a $10 bet on there being a decent PS5 patch coming.
    wasn't looking to add to my backlog but $10 is dirt cheap for a game that i can enjoy on the PS5 in a year or two. might just take this one... hard to imagine it getting any cheaper

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wasn't looking to add to my backlog but $10 is dirt cheap for a game that i can enjoy on the PS5 in a year or two. might just take this one... hard to imagine it getting any cheaper
    Do it today then. Best Buy is doing 10 days of $10 games and each game is only that price for a day. Also comes with a steelbook if you want it. Tomorrow is the last day of the promotion so I wonder what they'll have for it. Previous games were Mario vs Rabbids, Overcooked, Rainbow Six Siege, Far Cry 5, Fallout 76, The Sims 4, Mortal Kombat 11, and Rage 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do it today then. Best Buy is doing 10 days of $10 games and each game is only that price for a day. Also comes with a steelbook if you want it. Tomorrow is the last day of the promotion so I wonder what they'll have for it. Previous games were Mario vs Rabbids, Overcooked, Rainbow Six Siege, Far Cry 5, Fallout 76, The Sims 4, Mortal Kombat 11, and Rage 2.
    yeah, i already placed an order. thanks for the heads up. doesnt look like i missed anything i really wanted.

cyberpunk wasnt on my radar whatsoever but i dont see it ever being lower than $10, for what should end up being a pretty good PS5 game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    definitely worth it at $20, $10 is crazy cheap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, i already placed an order. thanks for the heads up. doesnt look like i missed anything i really wanted.

cyberpunk wasnt on my radar whatsoever but i dont see it ever being lower than $10, for what should end up being a pretty good PS5 game
    Pretty much my thoughts. It's already supposed to be decent on PS5 but I want to wait for the PS5 patch that adds the dense crowds like we saw in the E3 trailers and maybe some raytraced reflections like the Spiderman games have on PS5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    definitely worth it at $20, $10 is crazy cheap.
    On a ten point scale, how would you rate the game for PS5?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much my thoughts. It's already supposed to be decent on PS5 but I want to wait for the PS5 patch that adds the dense crowds like we saw in the E3 trailers and maybe some raytraced reflections like the Spiderman games have on PS5.
    if that means it will look good and shiny im down

Thread Information