Page 31 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see the Sixers going for Wall if they get extremely desperate to get a deal done. But I don't think the Rockets would want Simmons because they would prefer the ball to be in the hands of Jalen Green, and they would want Simmons to play the 5 due to his lack of shooting.
    They would rather give Simmons away for free (or a bunch of expirings) than take Wall back for Simmons.

Heck, Young, Aminu and whatever filler you can use to get to a number that works is a better deal than Simmons for Wall.
    Last edited by cjw; 09-15-2021 at 04:29 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well 76ers have some room here since Simmons signed a long term contract. Looks they are going to play a little hard ball, but what happens if he starts playing like Vince Carter did in Toronto when he wanted out?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well 76ers have some room here since Simmons signed a long term contract. Looks they are going to play a little hard ball, but what happens if he starts playing like Vince Carter did in Toronto when he wanted out?
    They are acting like they're going to play hard ball...they are bluffing....they will fold... everyone knows it..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like how Tom Moore has the year wrong on his tweet. I'd expect Simmons to play in '20-'21 too.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They would rather give Simmons away for free (or a bunch of expirings) than take Wall back for Simmons.

Heck, Young, Aminu and whatever filler you can use to get to a number that works is a better deal than Simmons for Wall.
    The Sixers would still have to receive picks, but they were going to insist on that anyway. It would be less about Wall having positive value, and more about getting a "name". Kind of like the Lakers trading for Westbrook.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. There's no market for him. Nobody's offering anything.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are acting like they're going to play hard ball...they are bluffing....they will fold... everyone knows it..
    Why fold if the offers you're getting are ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the cost of having an unhappy BS on the team is greater than eating the sandwich .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2020-2021 is done lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the cost of having an unhappy BS on the team is greater than eating the sandwich .
    I don't know, that's a pretty heavy cost to take on crap. Besides, he doesn't show up to play they can just not pay him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McCollum for Simmons makes a lot of sense for both teams.
    Portland is a small market team, maybe they are the ones who have made an offer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because what's ? If they're thinking he's getting seven picks, then any reasonable offer will seem insulting. If teams aren't willing to offer any rotation-caliber players or treating him like a negative contract, then yes, that's pure .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because what's ? If they're thinking he's getting seven picks, then any reasonable offer will seem insulting. If teams aren't willing to offer any rotation-caliber players or treating him like a negative contract, then yes, that's pure .
    Seems like all anyone is offering Philly is warm bodies, and for good reason, since teams always fold when their stars and whine their way out of town. At least now it's funny seeing it happen to a big market.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know, that's a pretty heavy cost to take on crap. Besides, he doesn't show up to play they can just not pay him.
    One man's sandwich is another's caviar... I mean to them anything less than 3 1st's and a couple pick swaps is a SS... So DJ + Thad + our 1st in 22 + the Chicago 1st is SS to them but it's alot better than trying to get BS integrated somewhere he doesn't wanna be...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One man's sandwich is another's caviar... I mean to them anything less than 3 1st's and a couple pick swaps is a SS... So DJ + Thad + our 1st in 22 + the Chicago 1st is SS to them but it's alot better than trying to get BS integrated somewhere he doesn't wanna be...
    If the Spurs are offering all of that Wrong should be hung from his balls in front of the AT&T Center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like all anyone is offering Philly is warm bodies, and for good reason, since teams always fold when their stars and whine their way out of town. At least now it's funny seeing it happen to a big market.
    I honestly don't know. The closest I've seen to a concrete offer was Hield, Bagley and picks. That's not a superstar, but if they're offering two real firsts, then it's not unreasonable as a starting offer. I think a lot of teams want to get Simmons without moving their top two or three guys. That probably isn't going to change. Philly won't get anything like a satisfactory resolution unless they're willing to take back another second banana while paying to move Simmons. There are very few players on the market right now who could even theoretically be the second-best player for a contender: Beal, Simmons, Sabonis, Siakam and Jamal Murray are probably the only ones with any chance of being dealt. I don't know if any of those teams would take Simmons for their guy right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well 76ers have to complete the trade before Oct, else they are probably not going to trade as they had to pay half of Simmons salary on 1st Oct.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well 76ers have to complete the trade before Oct, else they are probably not going to trade as they had to pay half of Simmons salary on 1st Oct.
    Yeah, they really need to get this done. If he sits out, he even has a war chest to pay any fines from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixers have to deal Simmons and get Embiid help soon. Or Embiid would be the next player asking to be traded soon. Embiid knees will not hold too long. Sixers cannot afford to mess this up and just let Simmons sit too long without getting a suitable replacement. They could very well be back to rebuilding… again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like how Tom Moore has the year wrong on his tweet. I'd expect Simmons to play in '20-'21 too.
    Theres no way he ever plays for the 76ers another game. Moorey is just trying to play games with offers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixers have to deal Simmons and get Embiid help soon. Or Embiid would be the next player asking to be traded soon. Embiid knees will not hold too long. Sixers cannot afford to mess this up and just let Simmons sit too long without getting a suitable replacement. They could very well be back to rebuilding… again.
    This is the key point. Embiid is squarely in his prime and is an MVP candidate. They have no idea how long it’s going to last, and they cannot afford a nephew situation.

Anyone who wants to acquire Simmons either has to provide pieces that can help Philly win now, or assets that Philly can redirect to a third team to bring in a guy / guys who can help Philly win now.

None of the teams that are listed as suitors can really provide either unless it’s a boatload of picks. I’m not sure in many of those cases the players they’re offering are ahead of existing Sixers guys in the rotation.

This is what makes the Spurs as a suitor so intriguing. They need to bring back a point guard that can actually run a pick and roll with Embiid (can shoot from more than 2 feet away), and either Murray or White provide that. Plus they’re both very good defenders, so the Sixers don’t downgrade as much defensively as they would in many other deals. The Spurs can also offer generally unen bered picks, as well as expiring contracts to make the numbers work - including one who can be an asset in Young.

Unless the Sixers are getting back at least a McCollum, who by the way is about to turn 30 and sucks as a defender, these deals are almost all absolute crap. Which means the Spurs may be able to pull a Toronto and get him below fair value.

(And no, that’s not an endorsement by me to make this deal)

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the spurs are going to suck. really, really, really suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read they’re going to fine him everyday until he shows up, beginning with training camp. Tbh, this is what we should’ve done with S bag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read they’re going to fine him everyday until he shows up, beginning with training camp. Tbh, this is what we should’ve done with S bag.
    They have to pay him half of his salary on 1 October. It’s in his contract.

He’ll have a nice little war chest to pay those fines from. This game only gets worse for Philly as time passes.

Thread Information